Nickboom

Friend marker

Now before you shoot me for saying this, I think we should be able to do something to mark players who we are or at least think are our buddies. It would require you to be nice and close and the other player would have to accept it as well. It would be like a green dot or something. It could only be visible for 0-200 meters, and not through walls.

I hear where you'er coming from but this concept would take away from the game.

Quote: "Friendly fire ain't so friendly..." ~Some guy who just shot his buddy.

It wouldnt prevent friendly fire it would just allow you to idenify your buddy at a glance right now our characters all look the same which is a flaw in real life people have different shapes and such so this dot thing would be the next best thing. (Minor note making someone "friendly" doesnt make it so they cant attack you in fact if a bandit wanted to really get someone they could easily use this to track them.)

Couldn't this increase the rate of KOS. If someone is not marked as "friendly" I know people would just outright shoot them. I think I prefer the way it is now. You have be careful abut who you go near which is a good thing, it helps people learn about social interaction in Dayz.

No no you guys are getting the wrong idea. The friendly marker would only be seen by you and would be reset on death. Its just a simple way to keep track of your buddies because once you get in bigger groups it actually gets very hard to know who is your buddy since everyone looks very similar once you hit end game gear.

No no you guys are getting the wrong idea. The friendly marker would only be seen by you and would be reset on death. Its just a simple way to keep track of your buddies because once you get in bigger groups it actually gets very hard to know who is your buddy since everyone looks very similar once you hit end game gear.

Again, if it is only seen by you, it could be used as a reason to KoS. Also people in groups usually use SKype, TS3 etc to communicate with each other, so they already know each others positions etc. Also the similarity in gears would go away once more is added. If we do add you feature it would make gunfights unfair as people would know who or who not to shoot, where not you need to think before shooting.

Friendly fire is a part of real life too. Yes, people have different shapes etc, but due transience in battle you have very little time too see those "body shapes, colors". I don't even mean different weather conditions, time of day, different types of light, circumstances when you don't see a face of the "target" as you see it only from a back etc. etc.

That's why why I recommended in this theme more headwears with different shapes, because just headwears are most distinguishable part of person in many circumstances in battle.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/166954-some-variants-of-headwear/#entry1693942

Edited by gregor