Sign in to follow this  
thequantum

Tip: Never go into one of these buildings

You will die 50% of the time. Ladders or stairs, but one of them will kill you. It's unlikely the dev team will have this fixed anytime soon. Enter at your own risk.

Uwa6CCp.jpg

• Like 4

I hope you can find parachutes for BASE jumping.

• Like 1

Besides the risk of death (I died in there once or twice, but so did many people in my group, too) there's also not much loot in there on average. So, not really much reason to enter. If the ladders don't kill you, you might glitch out of the corridor or suddenly vault over the roof edge or out of the window for some reason...

They actually seem to have added a lot more loot on experimental. About 10-15 items per building, which I thought was great when starting on looted out servers in elektro and trying to find food so I won't die.

Yep, I remember the first time I entered in one of those houses, I was running down the staircase and before you know it, I fell through the window and the time I had in the air made me realize that "I was fucked"

The only time I'll risk going into one of those buildings is to provide sniper support for team mates

Been in them dozens of times and have never had a mishap... Just take it slow.  

My problem will be once they add binoculars in to the game... I'll keep trying to hit "B" and end up accidentally hitting "V" and vaulting myself off the roof. 

• Like 2

Funny people are always mentioning stairs.

I've been killed by rocks, ladders, walls... Never had a problem with stairs.

• Like 3

Stairs, walls, ladders and roofs for me. No rocks yet...

I've been in one set of similar buildings one and died, got to my body died trying to get out again and then finally got my body a second time. Since then I refuse to go in these or any that look anything like them.

• Like 1

once my friend drink pepsi and broke his legs

- looting ship wreck only us two on server and died

- died on rails

on rocks

hill

ladders

stairs

• Like 1

A general tip for all buildings: Never climb stairs, and never climb ladders. If you absolutely have to go upstairs, double-tap shift and walk.

Take it from someone with a 9 week old character :D

• Like 1

once my friend drink pepsi and broke his legs

- looting ship wreck only us two on server and died

- died on rails

on rocks

hill

ladders

stairs

Yes Rifty has thrown my out of walls before :( and the ATC at NEAF like to throw me off the top. so I don't go up on the ATCs and go VERY slow in rifty.

I love dropping through stairs.  I fell through the stairs on the new Police station, probably ten feet.  My heart stopped.

I didn't die.  Luckily they have reduced falling damage.

hey, im from belgium, im 23 years old, i have a mic my steamaccount is hachebe

add me!

Any updates on the type of loot found inside?

Ive never had any problems with stairs but I just cant seem to find any useful loot before. Never entered another after 5 floors of nothing.

I had rocks too, my char decided to glide without leg movement over rocks, and I fell through them and was under the sea for some time but didn't die, just broken legs. It was such a wtf moment.

V key is my saving grace for getting off ladders safely and out of glitches.

But yes those building are a death trap, a medic came to rescue me from the highest flat roof, i told him NOT to climb the ladder up but he forgot and died. I spent the next 10 minutes shuffling all our items until he got back to me. On the plus side, i did get my morphine....

I get an abnormal amount of enjoyment out of the glitches in this game ^_^

I´ve been in these buildings like at least 10 times and died only once. Glitched inside the wall and insta death. I had no problems with the ladders in these apartments. Found a mosin and a PU in one of them. Some food, some cloth. To be serious it´s not worth it to go inside of them because it takes way too much time to search for loot + yeah you rly can glitch to death. The only reason I will ever go there again is to snipe on the roof and again - these roofs are not very good sniping spots. Skip ´em all

Will be more interesting when the Zombs can follow you up the stairs. :)

xx

Getting zombs to follow you up the stairs will be one way to kill them.

I've specifically avoided ladders for quite a while now. Just too risky, and the risk isn't worth the rewards in most places.