Sign in to follow this  
TNTManning

Hunting tree chairs/saddles, lets change the dynamics!

Ok driving into work yesterday day dreaming about DayZ (again) and suddenly I have a brain fart! 'Hunting Chairs', 'Hunting tree seats' whatever you wan to call them, what a crazy idea, think about it.

Your running through the woods, towards NW airfield, feeling safe and protected by the tree line avoiding Novy & Stary, but wait what's that you see up ahead, up in a tree sat aiming towards you; a player sat in a hunting tree seat aiming his SKS at your face ready to KOS or hold you up, he then drops down like a boss, john Rambo has arrived!

How this would change the dynamics of the game, especially when your running through the woods for hours, forcing you to focus on other levels/platforms instead of being linear....

I had an image of a night sever a player setting up a camp fire (when their introduced) and then perching up a tree nearby watching out for bandits!

I could go on, but I want this open for ideas/debate so please comment and lets get the developers mouths salivating with this idea, for example why cant we climb tress? I'm sure everyone will agree, that's what most unfortunate survivors would be doing in a zombie apocalypse, I have the rope in my inventory? 

Doe snot have to be a chair, but a make shift saddle with rope...

Hopefully its physically possible in integrate this within the game...

Lets get it on!

Thanks

TNTManning aka Sam

post-197368-0-11953100-1393353717_thumb.

• Like 2

And, they are pretty much in the game already...

And, you ain't gonna drop out of no treestand and chase someone down. A 15 foot drop is pretty much a guaranteed leg-break unless you know how to fall, and even then, you are likely to tear a ligament/muscle.

I was just thinking about this.  Climbing a tree is a must.  Now, the tree would have to be the right kind to climb without special climbing gear, but those seem to be everywhere in the game already.  And to the people that say they wouldn't have this: In my place. my actual real life residence in a suburb of 400k people, you'd find 3 Ar-15 or M4 style weapons (all different caliber/barrel combinations), a .308 with a bad ass scope,(yes I could take you out from a few hundred yards) an ak-47, various handguns, 3 bows, 4 hunting tree stands, and 2 steel plated vests, with all types or survival gear.  Please add this to the game.   

I was just thinking about this.  Climbing a tree is a must.  Now, the tree would have to be the right kind to climb without special climbing gear, but those seem to be everywhere in the game already.  And to the people that say they wouldn't have this: In my place. my actual real life residence in a suburb of 400k people, you'd find 3 Ar-15 or M4 style weapons (all different caliber/barrel combinations), a .308 with a bad ass scope,(yes I could take you out from a few hundred yards) an ak-47, various handguns, 3 bows, 4 hunting tree stands, and 2 steel plated vests, with all types or survival gear.  Please add this to the game.   

I totally agree that climbing trees would be a cool addition to the game... but where did the rest of your post come from? Seems pretty random!

I totally agree that climbing trees would be a cool addition to the game... but where did the rest of your post come from? Seems pretty random!

haha! I know right?1?  Just tired of the people that break down every post I've made and try and tell me it's stupid or why it's not real or you would not find that in a house in a city.  

haha! I know right?1?  Just tired of the people that break down every post I've made and try and tell me it's stupid or why it's not real or you would not find that in a house in a city.  

Gotcha - I've read a few threads that go back and forth like that :)