Sign in to follow this  
Marksman.223CAL

I have questions (Standalone)

Hey DayZ staff and anyone elts reading!

First off, I am new to the forums and I LOVE the standalone.

But I have a few questions that I have had in my mind for a long time, so I just want to hit these right off the bat:

1. Will Ghillie Suits and/or other camouflaged clothes be added?

2. Will Crossbows/Bows be added?

3. Are helicopters a large priority right now, or vehicles in general?

4. I have had some strange status messages, like "I feel blood" and "It feels like lava when I pee", I have no idea what it means and there is nothing on Google, help? (And yes, I have taken antibiotics, twice, messages are now less common).

5. Any new guns we can see being put into the game soon?

6. Will we be able to build barb-wire fences and walls like in the mod?

7. In relation to Q1, any new clothes being added?

I hope these questions can be answered, I would also like to say that Mr. Hall, I know that you will continue working with the DayZ staff for the rest of the year, but I would like to say that this is an outstanding game, you should be proud of yourself and your staff, for this to be a game in Alpha, it is well rounded and polished before its initial release. Good luck in the future!

Hey DayZ staff and anyone elts reading!

First off, I am new to the forums and I LOVE the standalone.

But I have a few questions that I have had in my mind for a long time, so I just want to hit these right off the bat:

1. Will Ghillie Suits and/or other camouflaged clothes be added? Yes, but not a huge prioroty

2. Will Crossbows/Bows be added? Yes, with Hunting as well.

3. Are helicopters a large priority right now, or vehicles in general? Helicopters? Haven't heard anything on those. Vehicles will be 'end game' play, and will require extensive maintenance.

4. I have had some strange status messages, like "I feel blood" and "It feels like lava when I pee", I have no idea what it means and there is nothing on Google, help? (And yes, I have taken antibiotics, twice, messages are now less common). Part of the fun is figuring it out. If you're bleeding, probably should get a bandage, etc

5. Any new guns we can see being put into the game soon? Most updates have included at least 1 new gun.

6. Will we be able to build barb-wire fences and walls like in the mod? Barricades will be in yes.

7. In relation to Q1, any new clothes being added? Constantly.

I hope these questions can be answered, I would also like to say that Mr. Hall, I know that you will continue working with the DayZ staff for the rest of the year, but I would like to say that this is an outstanding game, you should be proud of yourself and your staff, for this to be a game in Alpha, it is well rounded and polished before its initial release. Good luck in the future!

1. There will be added some kind of craftable camo.

2. Yes.

3. Don't know about helos, but cars should be out in about a 6 months time.

4. These are custom server messages, nothing to worry about.

5. They add new stuff all the time. Who knows. I think the Ruger 10/22 is being added with the next update.

6. You couldn't build walls in the mod... There will be some kind of base building in the SA though.

7. We never know.

All of these questions are referring to things which will be added later. To get a taste of the new patches, try playing on the experimental servers. 

Figure I would ask this instead of posting a thread since it was kind of addressed in here: how do you get on an experimental server? and will your character retain his items once he joins/leaves and goes back to the regular servers?

thanks

1. Yes, but not sure specifically about gillie suits.

2. Bows are in process right now and scheduled for next experimental release in 2 weeks

3. Vehicles are coming, but low-speed will be first...a.k.a. bicycles.  Then work will occur on other vehicles. 

4. Watch Merino's vids on sickness and health systems.  

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159251-merinos-in-depth-video-guides-feb-11th-updated-to-034115106-new-status-indicators-rebalancing-of-hunger-thirst-stomach-blood-and-health-reg/#entry1598240

5. AK74 is in development now.  

6. Barricading will be first and is in development now.  New features allowing for compounds and fortifications will follow. 

7.Yes.  

Edited by iBane