Sign in to follow this  
javalin

Dayz current state

I have played Dayz mod for a very long time. I trusted this guy, so I decided to bought Dayz standalone.

The game is absolutley garbage. I am very sorry, but thats the truth. I payed 30usd for a copy of Dayz mod. I dont care about being an alpha. I know alphas and betas very well, believe me. And all I can say this game is just another scam.

The worst part is Dean Hall is leaving. The boat is sinking. And thats the only truth about him leaving.

You dont have my trust anymore. I hope you enjoy your well earned money. I will recommend every one I know not to buy this game, and I will be posting about this aswell.

If you dont like my post its ok. People needs to know about this if they didnt buy the game yet.

• Like 6

I have played Dayz mod for a very long time. I trusted this guy, so I decided to bought Dayz standalone.

The game is absolutley garbage. I am very sorry, but thats the truth. I payed 30usd for a copy of Dayz mod. I dont care about being an alpha. I know alphas and betas very well, believe me. And all I can say this game is just another scam.

The worst part is Dean Hall is leaving. The boat is sinking. And thats the only truth about him leaving.

You dont have my trust anymore. I hope you enjoy your well earned money. I will recommend every one I know not to buy this game, and I will be posting about this aswell.

If you dont like my post its ok. People needs to know about this if they didnt buy the game yet.

Amen. 

I'm just gonna go back to my happy place and play Cold War Crisis until the idiots are done spamming.

But no seriously, did you read any disclaimers before buying?

Or do you click on random things with your credit card in hand going "LOL I WONDER WAT DIS GAM IS."

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 4

Hope that in 10 months. This game will be a lot more better in performance, bugs and features. 

Damn.  There are like 100 of these threads in the graveyard.  

This thread is like a zombie, it has risen from the grave.  SEND IT BACK BEFORE IT INFECTS THE FORUMS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Back on topic line-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally you wouldn't get the right to a back on topic line but I am seeing so may of these threads I will explain why this thread has no purpose at all.  

1.  You say dayz sucks and never even give one reason.  You just say it sucks.  I have a feeling you didn't even buy it and you are a blatant troll.

2.  You say "You don't care that its in alpha" well that is dumb enough.  There is a ALL CAPS warning on the steam page.  Learn to read please.  Also "Battlefield 3-4 beta and all the free to play beta's aren't true beta/alphas.  Its a excuse to get people to preorder their game/spend money in their FTP game.  Wait until release before making a judgment on the game.

3.  Dayz mod was even more buggy. glitchy, and clunky then dayz standalone so wtf did you like about mod that wasn't in standalone.  (excluding community content).

INBOUND FOR THE GRAVEYARD!

Also please don't respond to this guy anymore.  He is probably a troll, good news is that no one has fed him yet.  All the responses have been intellectual so far (maybe excluding mine.  Sorry).  Lets not give him any food.  

Edited by harley001
  • Like 4

Damn.  There are like 100 of these threads in the graveyard.  

This thread is like a zombie, it has risen from the grave.  SEND IT BACK BEFORE IT INFECTS THE FORUMS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Back on topic line-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally you wouldn't get the right to a back on topic line but I am seeing so may of these threads I will explain why this thread has no purpose at all.  

1.  You say dayz sucks and never even give one reason.  You just say it sucks.  I have a feeling you didn't even buy it and you are a blatant troll.

2.  You say "You don't care that its in alpha" well that is dumb enough.  There is a ALL CAPS warning on the steam page.  Learn to read please.  Also "Battlefield 3-4 beta and all the free to play beta's aren't true beta/alphas.  Its a excuse to get people to preorder their game/spend money in their FTP game.  Wait until release before making a judgment on the game.

3.  Dayz mod was even more buggy. glitchy, and clunky then dayz standalone so wtf did you like about mod that wasn't in standalone.  (excluding community content).

INBOUND FOR THE GRAVEYARD!

Also please don't respond to this guy anymore.  He is probably a troll, good news is that no one has fed him yet.  All the responses have been intellectual so far (maybe excluding mine.  Sorry).  Lets not give him any food.  

ok. First of all, im not a troll. Second, I played a huge amount of alphas and betas. I DONT NEED THE GAME TO BE REALEASED to make a judgment of it.

YES, sometimes you do need to wait for the game to be realeased. Not in this case. I know these kind of "alphas" and "betas". I know them very well.

You are asking for reasons. I dont need to write that down. The truth is in front of your eyes.

You know Rocket isn't the only developer, right? The rest of the team will continue to develop and support DayZ through beta and into and beyond the final release.

• Like 6

You know Rocket isn't the only developer, right? The rest of the team will continue to develop and support DayZ through beta and into and beyond the final release.

I know. But he is the face of Dayz. And now he is leaving. I have seen this too many times.

The developers that will be still working in the game should feel proud about it, and I wish them the best of luck

I've seen this too many times also. People blowing things out of proportion, that is.

I really don't think it's the big deal that people are making it out to be. DayZ was Rocket's creation and it's sad that he's leaving, but assuming we keep on track we'll be a month (at the very least) into beta by the time he leaves and the game will be more or less feature complete and only need bugfixing and a bit of tweaking here and there. We still have a great team that will continuing to support the game and I don't think there's much to worry about.

Good luck to Dean with setting up his own studio, looking forward to see what he comes up with.

• Like 3

People needs to know about this if they didnt buy the game yet.

Click this before you start reading: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

Really?

People need to know that you think the game is shit, without you giving a decent review?

Your post contributes nothing to those seeking if they should buy the game nor the game to develop if there is issues.

Fail OP, your post is only useless rant that serves no one.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 2

at least his 30$ went to fund the development of dayz...

oh... wait...

yeah.

Edited by pacific_coast

You say that the game sucks, but is it really the game?

Have you dealt with errors, glitches, anything part of the game that is justified as unfair?

I haven't even encountered anything like that when I played DayZ, even when I climb ladders. The only thing wrong in the game, that isn't part of the game, is the mind of the player who would kill you for no reason. So if I were you, I'd think twice before I blame a game, thinking that it sucks because of a problem outside of the game's coding...

*edit: is isn't, how funny

Edited by RabbitZ

Ok I agree that the games sucks ass right now but I knew it would hell the alpha is just here because dean wanted more money.

All games go through alpha this one happens to be open,just ignore it and play your copy that will still be here when it comes out.

Never buy alpha  games from now on,k?

I payed 30usd for a copy of Dayz mod. 

Uhm. Sir, the mod is way more shitty than the SA. Once everything is in, it will be a metric fuck-ton better than the mod. 

Plus it's only $30.. Get a job you hippy!

I dont get how people just wont get the concept of Alpha.

This game is in pre-alpha.

The only reason you are playing it at this state is to test it and report bugs.

Not to have fun.

If you do have fun than great, but not only is there a huge fucking disclaimer on the Steam page before you buy it, but everytime you play DayZ it reminds you that:

This is an unfinished game, and you WILL experience lots of bugs and glitches and some game breaking patches.

You are lucky to be playing this at all.

It would be another year at least before any other developer would let people play a game at this state.

The only reason we are is because Dean cares what we think and he wants this to be our game, not just his.

How can you be such a selfish child?

Grow up and stop whining like a baby that the game isn't the way you want it yet.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 2

I know. But he is the face of Dayz. And now he is leaving. I have seen this too many times.

The developers that will be still working in the game should feel proud about it, and I wish them the best of luck

Not now but after alpha is considered 'finished.' It's still not so great news, nobody should try to sugarcoat it, but it's not the end of the world either.

Edited by Benjamin

I just love it when people feel they have to share their pitty meanings, but they are alowed to so here is mine.

Dayz does NOT "suck" It is selling like no other and ppl are loving it. YES the game lacks a lot, and YES the game i flawed but dude They put out so many dumbdumb signs for you all to se out there that if you didnt notice them you can blame youself.

Dean even states on the first thread on this forum

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

And all the pissing and whining going on about Dean leaving.

Dude wants to go home to New Zealand. but he said it wont be until the end of the year and he will stay until he is no longer needed.

Him leaving in 10-12 month wont be a dealbreaker for dayz, there are still good ppl working on it.

Myself ive logged about 200-250 hours and in all fairness i still love the game, pretty good value for my dollar there i would say.

Edited by Sierra01
  • Like 1

Game hasnt been released yet. This is an early access Alpha. Its like a preorder, with benefits. Feel free to come back and complain about the game when its released.

Oh, and I dont want to hear your excuses. You have read the disclaimers about 100 times by now. And had to go through 4 of them before you hit the buy button.

Thats your subjective opinion of which you have the rights to express.

However, your message is lost completely, due to lack of reasons other than "it sucks"

Please do not post more of these rants, thank you for your fundings, bye.

ok. First of all, im not a troll. Second, I played a huge amount of alphas and betas. I DONT NEED THE GAME TO BE REALEASED to make a judgment of it.

YES, sometimes you do need to wait for the game to be realeased. Not in this case. I know these kind of "alphas" and "betas". I know them very well.

You are asking for reasons. I dont need to write that down. The truth is in front of your eyes.

No the truth is not in front of my eyes.  You are just a fool who has no truth.  I have seen your type before.  You shout a lot but never back it up and say its my fault when I ask for facts.  Give me reasons why you think dayz sucks, in-game reasons . I don't care about how you think rocket is a whore or how Bohemia is stealing money.  Focus on the game.

"I know these kind of "alphas" and "betas". I know them very well."

wow OP, your explanations are too in depth for me to follow.

im not sure I can handle the logic and reasoning.

stop posting this nonsense. you havent eve given one solid reason for or against standalone.

OP the page you bought the game on told you not to buy it because it's a mess, some of you need to take some personal responsibility and stop pretending you were forced to buy DayZ at gunpoint. Thanks for spending the $30 though, hopefully the game will be finished just as planned and you can come back to enjoy it with us (assuming you have grown up by then).

OK bye, enjoy the shit ass game markets, I'm sticking with Dayz (never really liked the mod)