theswedishcathead

Gun Rarity [POLL]

55 members have voted

1. 1. Gun Rarity thoughts

• Classic weapons should be common and newer weapons should be more rare aswell as ammo.
    • Newer weapons should be more common and classic weapons should be more rare aswell as ammo
    • All weapons and ammo should be common to find.
    • All weapons and ammo should be extremely rare to find.
    • Weapons should be common but ammo should be rare
    • Weapons should rare but ammo should be common.

Classic weapons are weapons like the SKS AK-47 etc you know what i mean. The new ones are m4s etc.

Here are my thoughts i think guns should be extremely rare to find same as ammo dayz should have more melee weapons instead of automatic weapons. there should be there but very rare to find.

Edited by Henrik115

Weapons should be somewhat rare, but ammo should be much rarer (especially for the specific gun you need) most people go do some PVP because they find they have 500 5.56 rounds to blow on some unlucky freshspawns.

This should never be the in my opinion, any ammo you're likely to find will not be with the gun.

Because the guy that had the gun would've likely died because he used every last bullet on a horde of zombies.

Some ammo should be more common than others, 12g for example is extremely popular and used widely both by civilian and military.

• Like 2

This will probably happen, but there is not enough weapons right now to do this. When bows and other craftable items come in,, hopefully they change it so that weapons are rare.

in time for what? 

Devs have mentioned many times that when more general and crafted weapons become a reality in game that gun spawns and especially mil gun spawns will be much rearer than they are now.

At the moment when they add a new item they are using an intentionally high spawn rate. They want us to test it and discover whatever bugs and glitches we can. It is impossible to guage final spawn rates off what we are seeing in game ATM.  They are going to be all over the place for quite a while yet.

M911 AK-47 etc those old weapons.

erg!

Why two most run of da mill guns ever must you put!

It should matter less once more weapons and ammo types are put into the game. They already say guns will be much rarer and melee, thrown, and stringed based weapons will become more prevalent. I refuse to vote, I feel the Devs have a path anyways

I voted for less ammo cause I think there would be guns left after zeds attacks but ammo should be much rare cause it have been used to zeds. Also I think that guns should be more damaged and worned cause probably those are used before people had left or died when using those.

M911 AK-47 etc those old weapons.

M911 doesn't exist

I think you mean M1911 which is just the Colt 1911 Platform, there are quite a few variations now both curios collectors pieces from WW1 and WW2, as well as modern versions. Honestly the modern ones are far more common than the collectors weapons.

Calling them classic is exactly right, they're more classy than anything else.

Not sure how I feel when it comes to game play but as far as realism goes, guns and ammo would likely be pretty easy to obtain.

According to the 2007 Small Arms Survey there are 875 million known firearms and probably many more that we do not know about because many countries and militaries do not report them.

It is also estimated that there are around 500 billion to 1 trillion rounds of ammunition currently in existence. That's enough to kill everyone in the world 100 times over. And that was in 2007, 14 billion rounds were produced every year since then with only about half having been fired.

With only a handful of people (say 10 million) surviving that leaves 87.5 guns per per person and 100 thousand rounds per person.

So even in the event that much of it is used or destroyed, there is still going to be an absurd amount of it laying around somewhere. If you know where to look, chances are you wont have much trouble finding guns and ammo.

I'm talking about the M4-ammo...

If it would be more rare, these M4-kiddos would stop spray'n praying and running around like a bad copy of rambo with his LMG...

If it would be more rare, these M4-kiddos would stop spray'n praying and running around like a bad copy of rambo with his LMG...

Maybe, I think it is more likely they would just server hop more.

I'd love to see both the M4 and the ammo for it reduce significantly, seeing as a great deal of these groups server hop to find the m4's.

Granted the m4 is quite rare if you don't server hop, but make it a lot rarer considering people hop.

I think they should make the AK-47 a standard weapon, I mean, in terms of recoil and reliability, and leave the M4 as a rare spawn.

I think they should make the AK-47 a standard weapon, I mean, in terms of recoil and reliability, and leave the M4 as a rare spawn.

Replace assault rifle with assault rifle.

AJK0lcy.jpg

Ak-74M and AKM would be awesome.

Ak-47 would be far away as they would've sold off old guns to Somalian pirates and Mexican drug lords.