Sign in to follow this  
patmaster

DayZ without Steam ?

Hi,

Will it be possible, at some point to play DayZ standalone without Steam ?

I just hate Clients like Steam and Origin so this is really all that's keeping me from playing DayZ right now.

No. DayZ SA is tied to Steam. I don't see this changing at any time in the future or there being any reason for it not to be.

No. DayZ SA is tied to Steam. I don't see this changing at any time in the future or there being any reason for it not to be.

It's a good thing. Less hackers this way.

No, you cannot torrent the game and play a pirated version

Have you tried steam of late?? i will admit years ago it had many many problems but in recent years it is pretty good, has its occasional what the moment but these are far outweighed by its possitives specially from a publishers perspective.. Just the decreased production costs of not having to make a physical copy of a game allow more money to be made ( or savings to be passed on )

Really much of the irrational hatred for steam stems from its early days i fear it is the wave of the future either learn to ride it or get ready to abandon many future game titles(steam origin etc)

Just as arma 3 was tied completely to steam dayz will be to so no steam no dayz but hey thanks for stopping by ...

Have you tried steam of late?? i will admit years ago it had many many problems but in recent years it is pretty good, has its occasional what the moment but these are far outweighed by its possitives specially from a publishers perspective.. Just the decreased production costs of not having to make a physical copy of a game allow more money to be made ( or savings to be passed on )

Really much of the irrational hatred for steam stems from its early days i fear it is the wave of the future either learn to ride it or get ready to abandon many future game titles(steam origin etc)

Just as arma 3 was tied completely to steam dayz will be to so no steam no dayz but hey thanks for stopping by ...

Bugs and such are not the problem with steam and origin for me. If I buy a game I like to own it und not merely buy the right to play the game. If you buy a game on steam or origin you don't own it. You can't sell it, you can't even give it to someone as a gift (maybe possible by now in steam) and if your account get's overtaken or locked you loose all of your games. I hate that.

But of course there's also the technical aspect. If valve / ea  servers are overloaded you can't play properly which is absolut nonsene since the game shouldn't need the client to run.

No, you cannot torrent the game and play a pirated version

Yes I could. Plenty of torrents and cracked servers. However I would like to pay for the game but I don't want Steam to be forced on me.

Anyway...thx for your answers.

Edited by patmaster

It's not forced on you. nothing is forced on you, it's your choice to buy the game how it is in its current state (steam alpha). the majority of the pc gaming community prefer digital copies. Unless you're really fashioned, i dont see why you would want a physical copy of the game... maybe to return it back to Gamestop and get a 1/10th of your money back? are you new to this or something? and "give it away as a gift" how would you even go about giving a used online game to somebody as a gift?(what are CD/purchase keys) This must be your first try at pc gaming. either that or you're trolling.

Edited by Wesleym1993