Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

can we get a statement on bases and vehicles ETA.

okay the game is doing great ! B) we approaching 1.5 million in sales ca-ching :D

so...with the game doing so well sales wise and a decent sized dev team and studio behind the game now can we have some updates on the main core features and any projections or pointers to when and how the real meat in the game or you may call it game content is being added?

this isnt a i want it now, im happy to wait. i just would like to know what is going to be done roughly or a idea on what is planned.

alot of people are waiting for these particular , bases or base building and vehicles. B)

those two are what most people are really waiting before getting there teeth into Dayz in current state/build.

now...as i pointed out we believe in the game, we brought into the concept we paid in we have brought 1.5 million copies of Dayz ! dayz has got tripple a title kind of money in now so work rate needs to be upped.you cant just farm out small items with the money thats flowing in now.i know recent updates have been frequent but they have mainly been small items.

so can we know about such vital game mechanics ? dont need to know exact dates, it isnt a dummy out the pram i want now. its just a rough time frame or somekind of outlining to what is being done on these two massive game features which most people are frantically waiting for.

the last thing is personally seen ,read on this topic was on reddit and was a single sentance which mentioned upto 6 months over a month ago.

i dont know how many others feel but hats and small items arnt going to cut it for another 6 months before those key features are added.many will be bored by then.

so can we please be updated on these features thankyou. :)

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 2

Last time i heard Rocket mention the vehicles and it was on the euro gamer stream(a few days ago) he didnt say when but he did say they pretty much had enough to release the first vehicle they just needed to tidy a few things up( what that means id only be guessing) but it may not make you happy to know vehicle 1 is a bike... as in push bike i believe i am sure he would say motor bike if he ment that all he said was bike.....

• Like 2

1.5 million in sales doesn't speed up the development process.

bigger budget and sales should.

means more money for team workers and more work if efficient should be produced.

this game has achieved already tripple a title money. so its not lets just keep it small and bring small updates people have paid in so its time to up the work rate and commincate. the dev team do often do this well but the real content not new hats and small items havent been spoke about yet. i understand how it works but this isnt a free mod anymore and people do want to know what is being done. this isnt a unfair ask seeing how much money and how big the project is getting.

• Like 5

Heard on stream that Rocket was in that vehicles in less than 6 months. Either way, makes no odds to me. They will be here when they get here. In the mean time I'm just as happy to explore the map on foot finding the cool stuff and great views you don't get from the road.

• Like 2

18 minutes in i think he talks about bike maybe added first but realistically looks like its not priority yet as hunting is first. then when hunting is done vehicles maybe next but that could be 6-9months. which will be along time in between. hopefully it isnt that long as honestly i dont think 9 months is really exceptable to get vehicles working.

Edited by dgeesio

Vehicles will be implemented when they get implemented. Begging and whining won't speed up the process. If the devs to succumb to the begging and whining and implement them early, people will just bitch about how broken they are. So let them do their fricking job so it can be done right.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

the difference is people are curious and would like to know about vehicles and base building . why is a answer based on people "whining" ? this is often the response.

as said i myself dont mind waiting but as in the video why would you put in hunting before a core feature like vehicles? is hunting going to create more enjoyment than vehicles or base building. no.

key features should be worked on first ! not last or later.

key content

vehicles

base building

zombies/fixes on walking through walls

fps/cpu core optimization

those first before more hats , more shirts, more torches, more tins of food.

• Like 2

Well, we will be seeing barricading before anything else so major. the last stream had Dean saying that barricading would be in before hunting and cooking.

Don't bust the OP for asking.

His OP is not shrill in tone and he is just wondering what's up.  I too would love to see a more detailed roadmap from the devs.

Just excited to see the end product.

• Like 2

From my expert analysis, we should have barricades within 3 weeks and the bicycle released in no more than 10 weeks. Would estimate bikes at 5 weeks tho.

cant wait for barricades! hopefully they also add some sort of permanant storage! i heard that they will add a way to use backpacks as permanant storage, stashing them, and combined with barricading..... oh man, cant wait!!!!

I´m anxious for hunting and cooking stuff, cars and bikes....not so much  B)

If we get planes or boats, I quit playing DayZ looooolz

• Like 1

the difference is people are curious and would like to know about vehicles and base building . why is a answer based on people "whining" ? this is often the response.

as said i myself dont mind waiting but as in the video why would you put in hunting before a core feature like vehicles? is hunting going to create more enjoyment than vehicles or base building. no.

key features should be worked on first ! not last or later.

key content

vehicles

base building

zombies/fixes on walking through walls

fps/cpu core optimization

those first before more hats , more shirts, more torches, more tins of food.

There is just one problem with this post really you say key content but its your key content the last 2 zombie fixes optimization there not so much content as they are fixes and i think you added them in to give weight to your hey where are my vehicles etc etc...

Seeing as this is a survival  game i would think the features that help make it a survival game are key content hunting cooking ill effects from weather etc... Vehicles are late game content and they want to do them right but they are not a key element of survival they are just what you and yes many others want to get your hands on ...

But lets look at it this way you want them to get them in now by slapping in arma 2 cars which would suck.. you want them to slap them in soon in what ever half revamped state there in so there buggy in complete or do you want to wait 6 to 9 months and have something cool that works for the full game , me ill take the later..

You say you will get bored waiting well take a few months of this is an alpha not a full game we testing and sounds like your just playing and going hey the things i want arent in yet.....

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and the Devs, but one person, on an Atlis Life server, can deliver more in one week then most of these guys can in a month. I understand the process is hard, gruesome, and back aching work, but still.

Bases will not be in for a long long long time atleast at the current pace.

Shame because it should be priority #1. It keeps people invested in the game and defending , building, and maintaining a base naturally bands people together creating factions within servers.

There is just one problem with this post really you say key content but its your key content the last 2 zombie fixes optimization there not so much content as they are fixes and i think you added them in to give weight to your hey where are my vehicles etc etc...

Seeing as this is a survival  game i would think the features that help make it a survival game are key content hunting cooking ill effects from weather etc... Vehicles are late game content and they want to do them right but they are not a key element of survival they are just what you and yes many others want to get your hands on ...

But lets look at it this way you want them to get them in now by slapping in arma 2 cars which would suck.. you want them to slap them in soon in what ever half revamped state there in so there buggy in complete or do you want to wait 6 to 9 months and have something cool that works for the full game , me ill take the later..

You say you will get bored waiting well take a few months of this is an alpha not a full game we testing and sounds like your just playing and going hey the things i want arent in yet.....

ive got nothing against hunting man its one of my favourite things :lol:  if you check my youtube channel for instance my favourite game i play is theHunter :)  so yes im all for hunting its just in dayz i dont think it should come before a bigger core feature or gameplay element than vehicles or base building / fortification.

the reason i think those should be in first  is its add to the game large playability and keeps the community playing. this is very important to the community as you can only keep players playing for so long before getting bored. the last thing we want is vehicles or bases being added and other things only for the vast majority of playerbase to of given up and moved on as they were sick of waiting for the content to be added.

the company wouldnt be that bothered as the money is already in but the playerbase wouldnt recover as they would of moved on and playing something else.

thats why i would like to see/know about what is happening.

i have no problem waiting some games ive played 5 years and still to make it to the lime light they deserve but atleast we knew what was what and what to expect . that makes a big difference ;)

• Like 1

Personally I think they need to get base building and vehicles done asap, along with loot respawn

• Like 1

Guys labeling any question on this forum as whines and begging and so forth pisses me the fuck off, people have the right to ask questions without dumbasses trolling them and telling them to "wait and stop whining".

If you cant contribute to the topic or answer the guy then stay away and save the rest of the community for you bad mood.

NOW.

Dean said that they are not gonna use the Arma vehicles and that they are not gonne realese em until they are done right wich to me would sound like 2-3 months at least.

He said though that they will be added in before the alpha runs over to beta wich is to be in 6-12 months prob the later.

However Dean did say they were gonne add inn a bike earlier wich the pretty much got rdy just need to polish it a bit.

for myself i cant wait to get some wheels in game.

• Like 1

Yeah, We need vehicles, even if its a bike before 6 months.. Barricading and Hunting I could really care less about at this time. Barricading from what? and there is plenty of food right now to do without hunting.. Im not saying these wont be nice features, but we need better mobility and some permanent storage soon, hopefully a lot sooner then 6 months... Kinda upsets me knowing ill probably be playing different things by then if there is still lack of content. Getting bored of collecting medical supplies that do nothing, and just switching my looks.

ANYWAYS, still love the game, know it has lots of potential, HOWEVER I do believe they need to rethink their priorities if they want everyone to stick around.

• Like 2

Check that post:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175596-summary-of-dev-qas-from-streams/?p=1796311

I'll paste the important things:

• 6 Month is a very conservative estimation for vehicles, rocket expects them much sooner
  • hunting, cooking, crafting will come in before vehicles
  • vehicles will come after these things are in, starting with bicycles
  • Vehicles: No carbon copy of the mod - vehicles will be totally redesigned, bicycle are possible already with the code that is in the game, but other vehicles will need far more work, but will definitely in before beta

So, vehicles are not a key feature (at leats not a "High-priority" key feature) for the devs/Dean.

To the other points you mentioned:

• base building

Depends what you understand under that words.

Quote from Dean: When will barricade houses, set up camps come: "Short to medium term, they will be persistent server based" but since Dean also said that Barricading/player built camps & cooking are the things he looks himself most forward to, they may be a higher priority as vehicles.

• zombies/fixes on walking through walls 

Ah, the all-time-favourite. In the last stream (eurogamer) he said: "Zombie wall glitch is priority task together with performance"...so I hope this issue will be fixed rather soon...maybe together with the new Z AI? I hope so...

• fps/cpu core optimization

Optimization happens all the time afaik, it's not a specific task for once, but an ongoing one, also stzated here: "ongoing thing, working with graphic cards manufacturer, lot of work to find out where the problems are"

Edit:

Yeah, We need vehicles, even if its a bike before 6 months.. Barricading and Hunting I could really care less about at this time. Barricading from what? and there is plenty of food right now to do without hunting.. Im not saying these wont be nice features, but we need better mobility and some permanent storage soon, hopefully a lot sooner then 6 months... Kinda upsets me knowing ill probably be playing different things by then if there is still lack of content. Getting bored of collecting medical supplies that do nothing, and just switching my looks.

ANYWAYS, still love the game, know it has lots of potential, HOWEVER I do believe they need to rethink their priorities if they want everyone to stick around.

As said above, the bike will be in before 6 month (if Dean keeps his word ;))

And it's always confusing here...half of the people complain about starving and not finding anything, other half that there is too much food. I have always enough food, so I don't think it's an issue at the moment. But I can imagine, that the amount of canned food that can be found will be lowered as sopon as hunting is in, or the nutrition vaklue goes down etc.

Permanent storage: "Persistent objects are going into internal testing next week. " (Dean wrote that yesterday on reddit), so yeah, that might be in soon.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 4