RoterBallon

Patch frequency[experimental -> stable branch!] poll after Dean's statement that stable patches will get released every 3-4 weeks

Patch frequency [Experimental to stable branch!]  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How often would you like to get an official patch pushed to stable (if there is one on the way)

• Every 1-2 weeks after experimental testing ( Like it was until now )
    • Every 3-4 weeks ( like it is now )
    • I don't need experimental testing, it is alpha

NOTE: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PATCHES BEEING RELEASED EVERY WEEK. I AM MENTIONING PATCHES THAT ARE BEEING PUSHED TO EXPERIMENTAL OR ARE ON EXPERIMENTALS ALREADY

Making things more clear:

Case [1]: "We want a patch every week" <- This means "making" a patch every week ( THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM MENTIONING)

Case [2]: "Patches beeing pushed from experimental to stable (or skipping experimentals)" ( This is what this poll is about )

The difference between [1] and [2]: 

[1] is a patch every week

[2] can be a patch at any time, as it fits best for the devs, but with more/less/no testing on experimental servers

Hi,

simply vote for the patch frequency you prefer.

Note that after "only" one week of testing on experimental and then beeing pushed to stable could break your game up.

I personally don't care about that since it is an alpha. 

I hope more than 50% of people want patches more frequently with the risk of breaking the game up. Not because it might break the game up, but to test a lot faster since I didn't care that I was unable to play for one week.

Sorry for bad english ;)

Greetings,

Roter

Edited by RoterBallon

Let the dev do what they do... they do a fine job so far.

• Like 2

Edit: Please don't start a discussion here, but some "push posts" from time to time would be great :)

It is not about what devs do what they do. It is about "more testing" due to all the whiners...

I just couldn't vote anything, because I don't think we should put time based "pressure" on the devs. I don't want them to put put patches based on time, but rather based on content. I want the to make a patch, test it, push it to stable, break the game, fix it after a week of not playing, the focus on the next patch.

Basically, I want then to use the best method for them, and I don't care if they break the game every 5 days.

• Like 2

I am actually realating to Dean's statement that they won't release a patch for stable like once in 1-2 weeks because due to all the whiners that couldn't play for 1-2 weeks because of patches breaking up some stuff (my own words and interoretation of his statement) and NOT a time based "pressure" on the devs, as you mention.

Maybe it didn't make it clear enough.

Ok, can't edit my posts.. 

Just read my poll over and over again.. I think it is clear enough.

As you can see: I am relating to patches that have already been pushed to experimental, not "making" a patch every week.

How often would you like to get an official patch pushed to stable (if there is one on the way)

As long as the patches for every month are meaty and not just a few hats and other cosmetic stuff then sure.

How about Experimental for everyone with the same number of servers as now.

No more server hopping - no more Ghosting

I just couldn't vote anything, because I don't think we should put time based "pressure" on the devs. I don't want them to put put patches based on time, but rather based on content. I want the to make a patch, test it, push it to stable, break the game, fix it after a week of not playing, the focus on the next patch.

Basically, I want then to use the best method for them, and I don't care if they break the game every 5 days.

cant argue with what youre saying. I voted for the 1-2 weeks purely because that's my fanciful wish - that they would release stable(ish), new content every 1-2 weeks - not that i necessarily expect it.

• Like 1

Why the hell can't I quote or edit..

@Alogos:

I am not talking about a patch beeing released every week. I am talking about patches that are PUSHED to experimental ALREADY and then beeing pushed to stable.

@Alogos:

I am not talking about a patch beeing released every week. I am talking about patches that are PUSHED to experimental ALREADY and then beeing pushed to stable.

Well, isn't that the same? It is to me.

It is not. 

One is like "we want a patch every week"(aka release a patch every week )[1] and the other one ( I am mentioning ) is patches beeing pushed from experimental to stable.

This difference is: While [1] is a patch every week, [2] can be a patch at any time, as it fits best for the devs, but with more/less/no testing on experimental servers.

Ok, tried to make it as clear as possible now.

Edit and quite function still not working.. maybe its my chrome..

I feel like nobody is understanding what this poll is about.. This poll is not about "faster" and "more" patches. It is about patches beeing tested 3-4 weeks on experimental before beeing pushed to stable. 

My opinion is: Why do we even need fking experimentals? Well ok, some days of "testing" before pushed to "stable" is ok. But 3-4 weeks.. too much time. It is god damn alpha, not a fully released game. 

he is saying that he would like to see the patches tested longer before being pushed to stable.  So the question is.. "How long would you like the patches to be tested in experimental before being distributed to stable"  that is how i read it. 

They put it on 'experimental' servers first because when they fuck up they don't want to have hundred thousand people cry about it on forums. Still, Devs ARE terribly understaffed for the size of the project that is Dayz SA right now. They are adding stuff so painfully slow even though the game has been worked on for two years prior to the release.

Possible solution to all this is Bohemia fucking buying 50 servers more for 'experimentation' lol, come on GET ON IT  guys :/

@Alogos:

ohh. well i kinda feel the same way either way lol i want as much new content as those guys can churn out, as often as possible.... but totally understand it's gonna be...... awhile for everything lol

Since its an alpha, i dont understand why there are experimental servers anyway. Would like to see the new stuff put out to stable as soon as possible. bugs can be fixed later on. Or they coudl at least raise the number of experimental servers.

Since its an alpha, i dont understand why there are experimental servers anyway. Would like to see the new stuff put out to stable as soon as possible. bugs can be fixed later on. Or they coudl at least raise the number of experimental servers.

Did you see the back lash from the last patch that had the memory leak in it people freaked the fuck out and pretty much were ready to burn the devs at the stake.... That led to people having to work over time to get the memory leak fixed . So in short its because of the community that they are not releasing them quicker any more....

• Like 2

It is not. 

One is like "we want a patch every week"(aka release a patch every week )[1] and the other one ( I am mentioning ) is patches beeing pushed from experimental to stable.

This difference is: While [1] is a patch every week, [2] can be a patch at any time, as it fits best for the devs, but with more/less/no testing on experimental servers.

This is how it works already. When the patch, or patches are finished. They are pushed to stable. Sometimes experimental will be patched a couple times a week. This does not mean that it is 'ok' or finished every time they patch experimental.

When the patches are ready for stable they will be pushed. When they are not they wont. What your asking for is un-necessesary, requires more work, and doesnt realy improve gaming experience.

If you want tons of patches when they come out, just play on the experimental server. This is the weirdest part of your post, you can play on what ever group you want. There is no reason to change the current system.

Edited by Judopunch