Sign in to follow this  
DudeNude

My DayZ Ideas

Hi there! :)

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Finn: I'm 15 years old and from Germany.

I've played this game since the start of the mod, when still a had a Makarov when you spawned in :D I've got a lot of ideas for gameplay changes and for some items that could be added. To start with, here's my biggest idea:

MILITARY RADIO MESSAGE:

First of all, this is not 100% my idea. I talked with a friend about in school and together we figured out how it could work, so I have to give some credit to him: Thank you David!

THE IDEA:

Once a day there's a radio transmission from the military, where essentially some army guy says that they're going to drop supplies (weapons, food, etc.). He says where and when they're gonna drop them. But here's the thing: it's on a random frequency so no one knows when and no one knows on which frequency. It may be hard to understand so here's an example:

Yesterday Bob found a Walkie-Talkie and some batteries. Today he wanted to test it out so he changed frequencies, but he forgot to turn it off and the Walkie-Talkie is still on 462MHz. At 11:30 he hears someone talking.

He says they're going to drop supplies in the fields south of Zelenogorsk. Bob is in Kamenka so he heads north to Zelenogorsk and finds himself some good stuff.

I think the idea is really cool, even though its really hard to implement it (At least if you're doing it the right way).

It would give the map random hotspots, which is good because right now all players just go into the Wild-West (Balota -> Kamenka MB -> Zelenogorsk MB -> Green Mountain -> Kabanino MB -> NWAF). It would also lead to more PvP and action.

CHARACTERS:

One thing that's very important for me: CHARACTERS!!

At this point of the game (MOD AND SA) you're just sad because you lost your gear and you don't give a flying f*ck about your character.

So what could be done to improve this?

Implement a system similar to the Elder Scrolls games (i.e. Skyrim). The longer you do something, the better you get at it. But that's something you really need to be careful if implementing this because the skills of your character shouldn't be overriding your skills using your mouse and keyboard. So don't do something like, "My gun gets more steady when I'm shooting". It should be something like how fast you can do something that's not that important (i.e. faster reload , quicker bandaging etc.). Another option would be that sometimes you fail at things so you gotta do it again. The better you get, the less you fail.

Example: Bob just spawned in. He wants to start a fire, but as soon as he is trying to light a match, it breaks, so he has to do it again. He can not, but then Sam arrives, a character that's been alive for 3 weeks and just does it with the first match (by the way my examples are obviously a little bit exaggerated just so it's clear how the system works).

Another thing could be character customization. You could do at least something like haircut and facial hair. This is something a lot of people want (as you see from other threads) so why not do something like that? :)

STAMINA:

Fist of all, some people might not like this, so my idea is to make it only for the hardcore mode:
Character's have stamina so it isn't like, "Oh yeah let's just sprint from Elektro to NWAF without stopping".

My idea is that a normal character can sprint about 400-500 meters and after that he automatically starts jogging. Also, you should have to take a break every 20-30 minutes. Not a very long break, just like 30 seconds to 1 minute. But if you sprinted then you need a break after 5 minutes of jogging. It also could fit in with the "CHARACTERS" topic you just read. A well trained guy who keeps himself in good physical shape could sprint for 700-800m and jog for 45min- 1hour.

USEFUL AND COOL ITEMS:

Leg Holster:
I know there's other threads about this, but I think it would be really cool. Once you find a chest holster you're happy, but as soon as you find a assault vest you just drop it. No way you keep the holster. BUT IT'S SO COOL!

So:
Add a leg holster that you can put over your trousers. Should look something like this:post-195473-0-85023100-1393154381_thumb.

Balaclava:
Just an nice little idea. You should also be able to wear it under things (i.e. under a helmet or under a gas mask).

It shouldn't be like the typical robber black balaclava either (though maybe you could find them), it should be the "military balaclava".
post-195473-0-45386700-1393156260_thumb.

Bandit-Headgear:
Since there is a classy Survivor/Hero baseball cap I think there should be the headscarf of the DayZ Mod Bandit. (Maybe different camos?)
post-195473-0-63413600-1393156689_thumb.

Another Soldier Helmet:
I really don't like the look of the Ballistic Helmet and I recently watched Forrest Gump (my favourite movie of all time :D) and had a good idea:

Imagine a helmet like this:
post-195473-0-64959200-1393157013_thumb.
As you see Tex has something at his helmet (not quite sure what it is) and that leads to my idea:
There's a Helmet like this, which has ONE slot. If you put something in there you can see it at your helmet.

For example:
- You have some bullets that you don't need so you put it at your helmet. (if you only put one bullet, just that would visible and if you put 20 bullets they'd go around the entire helmet).

- (Let's pretend there are playing cards in the game)
You take the Ace of Spades and put it to your helmet.

Anyway you know what I mean. This could give so much more character customization and everyone could have their own trademark.

TOOLBELT:

I saw something in another post, but the stuff he said was way too complicated (in my opinion, but here's the thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/174509-canteens-utility-belts-and-more-now-with-pictures/ )

You can simplify it if you just can find a tool-belt. You can put it on but you need to find bags for it, or a holder for the canteen. It also could get slots straight away but that's up to the developers.

A Personal Matter:
I'm sure other people would like it too but this is actually just for me:

Dean Hall, please add an M16! It's just my favourite gun of all time and I would love to have it in the game :)

Every evening I'm praying for it dude, just do it! :D

I would like to hear thoughts and opinions.

-Finn

corrected by Alex

Edited by DudeNude

I would like all but the Radio Transmissions.

All good ideas.

But instead of the American Steel Pot helmet, how about the Russian equivalent - the Ssh-60. You've probably seen them kn the news from Ukraine.

I'm sure we'll get a M16, though.

Well i dont care if its an Russian or an American Helmet ,it's just about that "one slot at a Helmet idea".
But seriously , the ballistic helmet looks dumb.

Well i dont care if its an Russian or an American Helmet ,it's just about that "one slot at a Helmet idea".

But seriously , the ballistic helmet looks dumb.

Pretty much. It was tge CDF's helmet, though, so we would probably see others in civilian spawns.

Pretty much. It was tge CDF's helmet, though, so we would probably see others in civilian spawns.

Still thinking this looks cooler though

post-195473-0-92544000-1393174058_thumb.

But thats a personal thing.