Solopopo

Admins Shutting Servers Down When They Get Killed

60 seconds ..reset 3pp servers within 60 seconds and you roll back you character. In 1pp your character stays dead when it dies... this is a perfect measure against idiots glitching through walls and op makes me smile because you kind of confirm the rage i have imaguned you server looters fell when denide your loot ..lol...

Not true anymore. Tried it on my own server after glitching through a hospital wall, had the server restarted about 10 seconds after I hit the ground. Still spawned as a freshie.

i have never failed roling back my 3pp character when being killed by leadpoison. falling from stuff is another and off topic matter, youngster ^^

Why don't you start recording your gameplay and possibly report it when it happens next time?

Players server hopping for loot farming don't record what they are doing.

• Like 1

We should find a way to get all the server admins into one server, and burn them alive until they die.. Then they can respawn or whatever.

I have been hosting a server and see countless complaints and disrespect towards server admen’s. I see many players logging on to my server just to loot the hot spots then log off I see this as well while on other servers I have a habit of pressing the "P" key righting down all the names of everyone who logs in and for how long they play before logging out I have seen only 3 players log in to actually play the rest are server hopping loot farmers using the exploit to gain an unfair advantage. Why do i keep track? last line of #10 and #12

10. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits, you need solid evidence, IE logs.

11. You are permitted to kick or ban for hate speech, including racism and homophobia.

12. You are permitted to kick or ban for cheating/hacking/exploiting that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way, providing you have solid evidence.

I have decided to cancel my server lease IP: 23.19.47.18 Port: 2602 name Crazy Ivan and not host Dayz anymore there is no reason to host a server for $65 a month just so it can be exploited. So "Johnny Depth" find some one else to pay the bills so you can cheat. The dude who started this thread if killing the only player on a server is your idea of a big fish or biggest hive, clan, gang whatever you want to call them, you got some issues. Your the biggest baddest cat in the alley, (as long as there is only one other player on the server. I am still laughing over that one)

Looking this over looks like you are in violation of Law 11 of the laws of 16. :)

Edited by Crazy Ivan

I'm server hopping when I run into the only other players on servers. It happens all the time. Once I'm geared I go on a rampage on high populated servers. Rinse and repeat on death. I'm not claiming to be some master PvPer you childish fool. Use your brain before you post. I'm posting this for your benefit. 

This is an exploit to gain an unfair advantage in game and you just admitted to it. if you do not get banned from every DayZ server than DayZ can go to Hell for not enforcing their own rules.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/55657-start-here-a-beginners-guide-to-dayz-servers-and-administration/

"There are, however, ways of combating hackers without breaking the rules Shut the server down IMMEDIATELY - This will most likely end up in a Hive rollback and any users who died will most likely get their gear back. THIS IS NOT FOOLPROOF. IT DOES NOT WORK ALL THE TIME."

Anyone else notice this happening? There have been several times that I've killed the only person in an empty server and the server shuts down right after he dies. I've also attacked geared groups of people and had the server shut down on me before I get to loot them. I realize that it could be a coincidence sometimes, but I kill more players than the average survivor, and I've experienced this many times.

Edit: This is confirmed, which should be no surprise because the link posted explicitly describes the ability of admins to shut down servers, which prompts character roll backs. 

Edit, edit: Stumbling upon the only other player in a server is a fairly common occurrence if you are logging into high traffic areas. People seem to be getting hung up by this. 

Edit, edit edit: This happens to me frequently, because I am always going after the biggest fish. I'm always searching for the biggest, baddest, group and trying to kill them. I like to prevail through disadvantage. It's how I prefer to play. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes I'm not, but I've taken out the admin enough times to experience server resets quite a few times. I probably experience this a bit more often than most, because of my play style. The admin is usually accompanying the biggest group in a server. Players would be surprised how often admins are rolling back their deaths, even on high populated servers, especially if their death was embarrassing, i.e., him and his geared group just got axe murdered. It goes right under many player's noses, because it only negatively impacts the person that actually killed the admin; everyone else just gets a free roll back. 

"I like to prevail through disadvantage. It's how I prefer to play."

Really coming from some one who admits to exploiting server hopping to farm loot to gain an unfair advantage that affects other players  your so full S**t.

Look, I was trying to help you because you do not seem to get the reality of your special situation. Ill leave you with this..

The link you yourself provided for server admins has this to say at the top:

What you should know before purchasing a server

• Hosting a server will get you no in-game reward or advantage. You're just another sucker like the rest of us. People are going to think that you have all of these wonder scripts that you can do to restore gear, stop hackers, etc. NOPE.
  • You will get a lot of flak from the community, whether you're deserving of it or not. (OMG SERVER ADMIN ABUSE)

Thats right. The second line states you will get grief. Its a known issue by the admins and server owners that people will complain about abuse. So when you go into a server that is empty, save you and the admin and he gets killed.. now mind you he has been instructed to watch for hackers and told to restart as a best option.. what do you think he is left to presume? That you just happened to find him? I sure would be skeptical if it was me.

Now if say you get your way in the end, then a server admin has no recourse to combat server hackers and must wait it out for a natural restart. Because when there are only 2 people in a 15 sq. km map, and one kills the other it feels a little off. But if the poor guy restarts and then gets his server admin status pulled with no refund how do you think he feels? Now if you complained about servers restarting when the admin gets killed, in normally populated servers then you have a genuine complaint for abuse and that SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO. But what you're doing is making yourself look suspect by killing the only guy in game with you, and you do it enough it seems to be a personal problem. That is why I felt the best advice would be to let it go as an issue, and just adapt your way of playing. Apparently that was out of line for me to do. So good luck with getting this looked into, and finding out if its a serious issue that everyone else is seeing. Because I guess its a trade off of badmin rollback abuse, and combatting hackers. I will continue to enjoy my delicious popcorn that you helped provide me with.. thank you sir.

Good night, and good luck :)

Irish;

I my self am a USMC Vet "disabled" You sir are welcome to bring your friends to my server and play any time I might just keep paying the bills on it (provided I can get some support Issues with Vilayer sorted out) if enough decent people play on it I am not going to host it for loot farmers breaking the rules then complaining they are being abused like Solopopo there.

• Like 1

"I like to prevail through disadvantage. It's how I prefer to play."

Really coming from some one who admits to exploiting server hopping to farm loot to gain an unfair advantage that affects other players  your so full S**t.

Man, you guys really can't get passed this can you? I server hop to find weapons so that I can get into the action faster.There is no skill in finding loot. There is no disadvantage to prevail through. It's being lucky enough to find yourself in a fresh server that determines whether you find loot or not. There is no challenge to it. It's just a time investment, and one I can't afford, especially when you consider that loot takes forever to find because I am not the only server hopper. I'm just one of the few with the balls to come out and be honest about it, because I am not concerned with the opinions of adolescents. At least not enough to let that influence the way I play. I'm not about to go back to running around foraging for loot with the knowledge that half the player base is server hopping. I will only stop doing it when it isn't possible to do anymore, which is something I hope happens soon, because then I won't need to server hop. 

Now combat is a completely different matter. If I'm joining a fully populated server I can expect to be going up against other fully geared players. Very few players actually farm loot on these servers. People join to kill other players. The game plays out in two stages for me: looting, and hunting. Once the hunting begins I am a completely fair player. Sure, I could grind for every piece of loot I use to hunt with, but that would just mean I get to hunt less, and to that I say: fuck that, and fuck you. Whine all you want. Your just sour I'm snatching up all your loot. You're a goof for subjecting yourself to that by not server hopping yourself. Have fun continuing to waste your time. It can't possibly be that valuable to you, otherwise you'd understand.  

Edited by Solopopo

Every time this comes up in a thread it completely distracts from the topic at hand, as if it is relevant in any way. As if what I do personally has anything to do with the fact of admin abuse. It is because of my server hopping that I was able to see for myself this abuse. I've made threads against server hopping, and now I've made a thread against admin abuse. There is a timer now. Server hopping is no longer exploiting. Exploiting would be somehow shortening the timer. Everyone can server hop. The playing field is even. Only an admin can resurrect his dead body. You can't report server hopping. It is not a punishable offense; admin abuse is. Even Rocket server hops; watch him stream sometime. Smart people don't force inconvenience on themselves. Why should anyone personally care about server hopping. Benefit from it or don't, it's your choice. It's not going to stop other people from doing it, so it's just silly not to. Really silly. Like, retarded silly.   

If your personal exploits are ok than admin exploits are ok get over it. also i do not believe there any hives to roll bask on DayZ standalone.

If your personal exploits are ok than admin exploits are ok get over it. also i do not believe there any hives to roll bask on DayZ standalone.

That's because you base your beliefs on absolutely nothing, and you can barely form a simple sentence. It is a known fact that hives can be rolled back by admins, and it has been for a long time. Every player is capable of server hopping. Only admins have the power to resurrect their dead body. That is not fair. Server hopping is very fair. I'm not resetting my death like admins are doing. When I'm dead, I'm dead. I don't gain any advantage in combat from server hopping. Being able to reset your death does give you an advantage in combat because you are invincible. Comparing admin abuse to server hopping is comparing apples and oranges. Try coming up with a legitimate argument and I will start taking you seriously. 

Edited by Solopopo

Some servers have hourly resets, 2hr resets, 4 hour resets. It could be purely coincidental. Could also be admin abuse. Could also be the host having problems.

My server resets at some the oddest times. I've had it reset on the desired time then reset 40mins later.

Yes my server has done this as close as 10 minutes apart.

I been in servers when I would be in a fire fight with the only other 2 ppl on server and kill one. And like magic the server restarts. So I say eff it and leave. Come back only to join and it being reset every 4 min so the only 2 or 3 ppl on "Same as b4" can loot farm and so on, then I got kicked. Yea so admins due abuse the system and all we can do is join other servers and let them waste money on their childish games.. And its not like the Admins will loose out since the companies want paying servers for a new popular game. Just go to other server who have good admins and let the other asshats waddle in their own poo.

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing beyond a 'kick' available to admins right now.

I'm just updating this as, having read in other threads, an admin can 'kick' a player then kill the 'logging out' mannequin that remains. So it is open to exploits without the need for hacks or whatever. Didn't realise that.

So if you get kicked and relog to find yourself on the coast as fresh spawn, well you probably just killed a badmin.

• Like 1

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing beyond a 'kick' available to admins right now.

I only see 2 companies leasing DayZ standalone servers Vilayer and Gameservers.com I have been using Vilayer and the only options I have are to kick, Ban, set server time stop and start server chose regular or hard core choose server name and use a fix my server tool.

• Like 1

I'm just updating this as, having read in other threads, an admin can 'kick' a player then kill the 'logging out' mannequin that remains. So it is open to exploits without the need for hacks or whatever. Didn't realise that.

So if you get kicked and relog to find yourself on the coast as fresh spawn, well you probably just killed a badmin.

Yes, this has been verified. Doesn't seem to matter to anybody here. They will argue in spite of fact. 

Yes, this has been verified. Doesn't seem to matter to anybody here. They will argue in spite of fact.

Alpha Exploits Simulator 2014

That's because you base your beliefs on absolutely nothing, and you can barely form a simple sentence. It is a known fact that hives can be rolled back by admins, and it has been for a long time. Every player is capable of server hopping. Only admins have the power to resurrect their dead body. That is not fair. Server hopping is very fair. I'm not resetting my death like admins are doing. When I'm dead, I'm dead. I don't gain any advantage in combat from server hopping. Being able to reset your death does give you an advantage in combat because you are invincible. Comparing admin abuse to server hopping is comparing apples and oranges. Try coming up with a legitimate argument and I will start taking you seriously. 

What part of Standalone did you not understand? there are no hives to roll back there is one hive and a admin can not roll it back. your moms calling you.

What part of Standalone did you not understand? there are no hives to roll back there is one hive and a admin can not roll it back. your moms calling you.

What part of this sentence, posted by a developer in the sticky of the server admin boards, do you not understand?

"There are, however, ways of combating hackers without breaking the rules Shut the server down IMMEDIATELY - This will most likely end up in a Hive rollback and any users who died will most likely get their gear back."

Because you are only just now learning to be an admin, that does not mean you know what you are talking about.

You desperately need to read this thread. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/55657-start-here-a-beginners-guide-to-dayz-servers-and-administration/

Common man. It's the very first thing posted in this thread. Are you kidding me?

Edited by Solopopo

Question is though, how frequently does the server report to the hive? Every one second? Every thirty seconds? Every 60 seconds? I don't know the answer, but would guess there is a degree of latency.

Interrupt server before it updates your death to the hive and bingo, you never died?

I been in servers when I would be in a fire fight with the only other 2 ppl on server and kill one. And like magic the server restarts. So I say eff it and leave. Come back only to join and it being reset every 4 min so the only 2 or 3 ppl on "Same as b4" can loot farm and so on, then I got kicked. Yea so admins due abuse the system and all we can do is join other servers and let them waste money on their childish games.. And its not like the Admins will loose out since the companies want paying servers for a new popular game. Just go to other server who have good admins and let the other asshats waddle in their own poo.

some admins are using their servers for loot farms some even state so in the server name.

some admins are using their servers for loot farms some even state so in the server name.

This is against the rules, which you have yet to read. Hop to it. I already gave you the link. 

Edited by Solopopo

Best way to stop this is put a timer on the server reset. So once you initiate a server reset, the server won't actually reset until 5 minutes after you told it to. So that everything gets logged in the hive and no one can resurrect themselves.

• Like 1

Question is though, how frequently does the server report to the hive? Every one second? Every thirty seconds? Every 60 seconds? I don't know the answer, but would guess there is a degree of latency.

Interrupt server before it updates your death to the hive and bingo, you never died?

Bubbled Luff

I am sure you are correct. I have no clue as when to reset my server to do this so to say a admin can do it at will is a little out there. (I am not saying you said this can be done.) I am agreeing with you that there has to be some latency and it is impossible for a admin to know when to shut down the server, I have read in the mod version from the Arma series there are private hives that the admen’s could roll back because they were stored on the admen’s server but the standalone server has one hive and no publicly leased server admen can control it in any way. 

I experienced this earlier. Me and a buddy got shot at Balota airfield. My friend went down but I hid behind a building to the right of the first prison. Killed one guy but there was at least another, maybe two.

We were in a bit of a standoff until I peaked round a corner and shot another guy. Two seconds later I get the 'you have been kicked from the server'. I log back in and I'm a fresh spawn on the coast. I could have lagged out and they luckily pushed up and killed me. Or they kicked me, then ran up to my body knowing I wasn't there and killed me. The latter seems much more likely.

I reported the server but without proof there's nothing they can do :(

Edited by stevenbcfc

Bubbled Luff

I am sure you are correct. I have no clue as when to reset my server to do this so to say a admin can do it at will is a little out there. (I am not saying you said this can be done.) I am agreeing with you that there has to be some latency and it is impossible for a admin to know when to shut down the server, I have read in the mod version from the Arma series there are private hives that the admen’s could roll back because they were stored on the admen’s server but the standalone server has one hive and no publicly leased server admen can control it in any way. 

You are not "sure" he is correct. You are not sure of anything. Not until you read the admin guide which contains all of the correct answers to the questions you are bullshitting about. You haven't even figured out how to reset your own server, yet you spout all this bullshit? You take sides on issues that you don't understand at all? Wow, just wow. At least I know who I'm dealing with now. Come back when you know what you are talking about man. You have nothing to contribute to this thread as of now. I mean that respectfully. 

Edited by Solopopo