Solopopo

Admins Shutting Servers Down When They Get Killed

This is so true, for example the long range scope, why only have it spawn in hangers and barracks, why can a player not find one any where else on the map, its not like no one had a long range scope that didn’t die some place other than a barracks or a hanger. Loot should spawn more often and in different locations. I have a long range scope sitting in my living room, if there was a nuclear war some one searching houses in my town would find it and say hell yah.

This is true PEROID. For example: the long range scope, why only have it spawn in HANGARS and barracks QUESTION MARK? Why can a player not find one anywhere else on the map QUESTION MARK? It's not like there was a person that had a long range scope WHO didn't die some place other than the barracks or HANGAR (completely reworded, made no sense). 

Is that the best you can do? I give up on you. Have fun being ridiculed the rest of your life. 

Edited by Solopopo

Thread has been derailed now, but I hope SoloPopo that your original question got answered.

I think that people, myself included, are getting bothered about something that will soon enough be resolved with this whole server-hopping issue - once loot respawn and loot-spawn randomisation gets implemented it won't be such a 'problem' and will hopefully encourage players to stick around on a server. In the meantime though, don't take your server management to the Nth-degree, really not worth getting so worried about - getting attached to your gear is a bit pointless when you can spend hours gearing only to fall off a ladder/through a wall and lose it anyway.

I can understand you, thank you! Although you forgot to capitalize "speed" and "can," despite your best efforts. Putting words in parenthesis does not change the structure of a sentence. That's why parenthesis are used. We're making progress! I'm done engaging you in any meaningful discussion - because you have proven yourself incapable of maintaining a meaningful discussion - but I'm more than happy to correct your sloppy grammar. If you continue to make sense, I may even help you organize your thoughts into a proper paragraph!

Grammar is important kid. I am going to address you as kid from hear on out, because you have made your age difference very clear without intending to. Here's a life lesson for you, and never forget it: people do not take other people who cannot spell seriously. Soon enough people are going to start making fun of you. Maybe they already are. It sure would explain your aggression. Stupid people can't spell. You're not stupid are you?  

If you had taken the time to actually read any of my post. (Stop) You would have seen me reply to a fellow brother in arms. (Stop) I am probably old enough to be your daddy. (Stop) Let me know if I am your daddy (Stop) And I will eat a bullet for disgracing my country.(Stop)

• Like 1

Thread has been derailed now, but I hope SoloPopo that your original question got answered.

I think that people, myself included, are getting bothered about something that will soon enough be resolved with this whole server-hopping issue - once loot respawn and loot-spawn randomisation gets implemented it won't be such a 'problem' and will hopefully encourage players to stick around on a server. In the meantime though, don't take your server management to the Nth-degree, really not worth getting so worried about - getting attached to your gear is a bit pointless when you can spend hours gearing only to fall off a ladder/through a wall and lose it anyway.

It will come back on track soon enough. I hope Ivan learned a valuable lesson, though I sincerely doubt it. I'll take my leave till the thread comes back on track. 

If you had taken the time to actually read any of my post. (Stop) You would have seen me reply to a fellow brother in arms. (Stop) I am probably old enough to be your daddy. (Stop) Let me know if I am your daddy (Stop) And I will eat a bullet for disgracing my country.(Stop)

People don't take the time to read laborsome sloppy sentences. You should be embarrassed by your writing and your conduct. Both are unacceptable at your age. I would eat a bullet myself if you were my father. Though I respect you for your service, I doubt you would excel at anything else. Stick to what your good at and stay safe. Cheers mate. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

lol

you fuckers crack me up

• Like 2

Back to the original topic - as was mentioned by another poster, putting a 5 minute delay on restarts would prevent the 'restart server to prevent death' form of admin abuse, and is something server hosting companies need to implement. It would also be the equivalent of the anti-hop/anti-ghost cooldown timer non-admin players have imposed on them currently.

The 'kick and kill' form of admin cheating is a by-product of the logout timer though. Now how to solve that?

• Like 1

Ok so it's against the rules for a admin to restart their server in hopes of getting their gear back. We got that point.

(I don't give a shit what this post was orginally about)

Though it may not be against the rules to server hop to regear after dying.. it sure is a pussy ass move instead of staying on the server you died on. Hell I bet if you skip Elektro and Cherno/Balota and go to Military base above Kamenka it won't be looted. Nor would Zelengorsk.

You want to stop the admins abusing their powers... Then become an admin yourself. Run your own server the "moral" way.

You are so right; it wouldn’t be any fun cheating if he had a server. Oh wait 13 year olds cant afford their own servers. Mommy they wont let me cheat on their servers can I have some money so I can get my own server?

Man up most riki tik son.

Like I said before, if it’s ok for you to server hop then I don’t give a rats ass you feel hurt some admin put your ass down like a rabid dog.

Back to the original topic - as was mentioned by another poster, putting a 5 minute delay on restarts would prevent the 'restart server to prevent death' form of admin abuse, and is something server hosting companies need to implement. It would also be the equivalent of the anti-hop/anti-ghost cooldown timer non-admin players have imposed on them currently.

The 'kick and kill' form of admin cheating is a by-product of the logout timer though. Now how to solve that?

The only problem with this suggestion is that it defeats the purpose of admins being able to shut down their servers. Admins are allowed to shut down servers and initiate hive rollbacks to undo damage caused by hackers. Well, at least its part of why. The devs are well aware of the hives being rolled back. Admins maintain this privilege as the only anti-hacking measure they have. The devs could just as easily stop hive rollbacks from happening altogether, but they made it this way on purpose. This brings me back to that sentence that I keep going on about that I'm tired or posting, which a lot of people seem to be having trouble fully comprehending. It's on the top of the original post if you care to read again. I'd be happy to explain anything not understood. 

Edited by Solopopo

I can confirm this happens frequently enough to me as to piss me right the fuck off. Its too often to be a coincidence in any case, kill 3 guys run down hill to gleefully grab gear from corpses (with headshot wounds to boot) anddddd reset. probably 8th or 9th time this has happened in the last two months.

Unfriggenbelievable that there even exists such a thing as a magic reset button. F that, I totally agree to a 5 min timer that starts when the nuke button is hit, SO many admins who like to piss off people who can out-play them 7 days a week and take their server farmed gear.

EDIT: re-read some of the posts, I personally hate hoppers BUT i think the whole, kick-make-private-hive-hurr-durr-i-paid-for-it-so-fuck-off admin policies are JUST as bad if not worse because they stop legitimate players from playing on PUBLIC (!!!) servers. Your both wrong  >:(  :emptycan:

Edited by eric4483
  • Like 1

People don't take the time to read laborsome sloppy sentences. You should be embarrassed by your writing and your conduct. Both are unacceptable at your age. I would eat a bullet myself if you were my father. Though I respect you for your service, I doubt you would excel at anything else. Stick to what your good at and stay safe. Cheers mate. 

I do not want your respect for my service. I am ashamed to have defended cheating punks like you. I leave you to your jacked up thread. :)

The only problem with this suggestion is that it defeats the purpose of admins being able to shut down their servers. Admins are allowed to shut down servers and initiate hive rollbacks to undo damage caused by hackers. Well, at least its part of why. The devs are well aware of the hives being rolled back. Admins maintain this privilege as the only anti-hacking measure they have.

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. So that is as much of a paradox as the 'kick-kill' with Admins needing that power, but it being open to abuse.

Edited by Bubbled Luff

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. So that is as much of a paradox as the 'kick-kill' with Admins needing that power, but it being open to abuse.

As I'm sure you're well aware there are alot of other things that get abused.

One such case being the respawn. If you get a spawn you don't like. Kill yourself to get a new one. That's abusing a game mechanic. Being able to lean back and see through walls. Abusing of game mechanics.

The point I'm trying to make with those examples is that even though it's not intended, people will ALWAYS find a way to abuse what ever is given to them. Everyone always wants that edge. Goes on in any game people play.

I can confirm this happens frequently enough to me as to piss me right the fuck off. Its too often to be a coincidence in any case, kill 3 guys run down hill to gleefully grab gear from corpses (with headshot wounds to boot) anddddd reset. probably 8th or 9th time this has happened in the last two months.

Unfriggenbelievable that there even exists such a thing as a magic reset button. F that, I totally agree to a 5 min timer that starts when the nuke button is hit, SO many admins who like to piss off people who can out-play them 7 days a week and take their server farmed gear.

EDIT: re-read some of the posts, I personally hate hoppers BUT i think the whole, kick-make-private-hive-hurr-durr-i-paid-for-it-so-fuck-off admin policies are JUST as bad if not worse because they stop legitimate players from playing on PUBLIC (!!!) servers. Your both wrong  > :(  :emptycan:

Again, this doesn't need to be confirmed, but your story sounds very familiar. This has been my experience many times. As stated above, and many times throughout the thread, they can't just take away admins roll back privilege. It is the only option admins have against hackers. I'm not out to get admins. I would reset my death too if I was an admin that just got killed in a frustrating way, and let's face it, at the time, all deaths are frustrating.

The only solution I can think of comes at a sacrifice, but it would work. I have yet to suggest this. I was hoping by now, somebody would have provided a better suggestion.

If the hive rollbacks affected everybody else except the admin, it would stop the admin abuse. The admin would be able to stop the hacking by shutting down the server, and undoing any damage done to anybody except himself. He would still be able to reset his friend's deaths, but not his own.That is the only solution I can come up with, but it is far from perfect.

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

The only solution I can think of comes at a sacrifice, but it would work. I have yet to suggest this. I was hoping by now, somebody would have provided a better suggestion.

If the hive rollbacks affected everybody else accept the admin, it would stop the admin abuse. The admin would still be able to reset his friends death, but not his own. That is the only solution I can come up with, but it's far from perfect.

Works for me, speaking as an Admin. Could care less for the mil-spec gear etc., personally more fun to be had when you're not attached to your gear and paranoid about losing it. But others will think differently depending on playstyle and what you're looking to get out of the game.

• Like 1

I dont think that hackers have the power to wipe whole servers right now and (PLEASE!!) correct me if im wrong. 300 hours of gameplay here and i havent seen hide nor hair of a single hacker. I have seen videos of teleports and such but nothing like godmode admin resets. Is this hacking something that REALLY requires a server wide rollback atm? Really? because some dude teleported around electro and killed 2 newspawns and a camper before getting shot himself? 

I dont think that hackers have the power to wipe whole servers right now and (PLEASE!!) correct me if im wrong. 300 hours of gameplay here and i havent seen hide nor hair of a single hacker. I have seen videos of teleports and such but nothing like godmode admin resets. Is this hacking something that REALLY requires a server wide rollback atm? Really? because some dude teleported around electro and killed 2 newspawns and a camper before getting shot himself? 

Now that you mention it, I only recently found out that what I thought was hacking was actually only wall glitching so... I wouldn't have much of a problem with the roll back privilege disappearing altogether. I experience admins resetting on me much more often than hacking. In fact, I've most likely never encountered hacking at all. I'm at 300 hours too. Even if there was a hacker, he'd be kicked and banned by an attentive admin. So what if some people lose their lives before he goes. I think we are all pretty used to dying by now.   

Edited by Solopopo

I couldn't bother reading past the third page, so much nonsense justifying this obvious case of admin abuse, it makes me sick how casual some peoples attitudes are towards this stuff.

OP keep up the fight, you server hopping murdering scumbag. ;)

• Like 1

I couldn't bother reading past the third page, so much nonsense justifying this obvious case of admin abuse, it makes me sick how casual some peoples attitudes are towards this stuff.

OP keep up the fight, you server hopping murdering scumbag. ;)

Omg, there is a sensible person among us! What a sigh of relief! I'd give you fifty beans if I could. Can you believe how many people disagreed it even existed?

Haha, I sure will!  :D

Edited by Solopopo

Weather or not it actually works doesn't even matter. When admins are restarting their server with the intention of cheating death or preventing a player from looting their corpse, that's clearly admin abuse.

It's like a cheater using cheats that don't work, they're still trying to cheat.

Calling "admin abuse" is just like all the threads claiming "hacker". No difference. It happens, and sometimes it's just odd coincidences.

It will continue to happen just as hacking does. Take note of servers that do it and report them. If you don't do YOUR job of reporting those admins will still have control.

In the end enough reports will have that server canceled without refund. So report your heart out.

I keep seeing this thread, can't believe it's this long of a topic. Really? Does this really happen? Or is it the equivalent to some kid calling "hax" and "op" chasing some non-existent magical unicorn of an excuse that will make the fact that he/she lost because it was their own fault disappear?

Or maybe the threads been derailed and turned into a fruitful disc--..... nah, not here.

I keep seeing this thread, can't believe it's this long of a topic. Really? Does this really happen? Or is it the equivalent to some kid calling "hax" and "op" chasing some non-existent magical unicorn of an excuse that will make the fact that he/she lost because it was their own fault disappear?

Or maybe the threads been derailed and turned into a fruitful disc--..... nah, not here.

Admin abuse is no unicorn. I am not explaining myself again. Everything I have to say is already written.

Edited by Solopopo

Ahhh! Always hard to tell. Interesting. Maybe I'll thumb through and read it. :thumbsup: