Sign in to follow this  
combatcomm1

Can ONLY hold weapons in hand unless you find or craft a sling.

Rope as of now, (as far as I know has no purpose) and the whole gun and axe sticks to your back with magic glue is that lazy kind of non polish development routes Bohemia really needs to get away from so this game can get a 9.0 or better in the reviews.

I love how guns stay on the ground persistent so its easy to just drop your weapon in order to take care of other things like eating and bandaging. This is realistic.

If you find a actual sling in the military camps or craft a sling by dragging rope over to your weapon or axe, than now you hand hang it from your body for quick switches.

What do you guys think? PLEASE PLEASE go to this link http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ym4kv/suggestion_can_only_hold_weapons_in_your_hands/ and upvote it as much as possible.

It is unfortunate but the devs dont care about this community and prefer to check out reddit for suggestions.

Edited by VictorM
  • Like 8

I agree, there is already a few posts about this.

If I were the dev's I wouldn't bother coming here either.

I question why I do anymore as well.

I like the idea.

But ropes are used for makeing the  improvised backpack fyi.

Hmnyes-NO.

;)

I think it's fine as it is.

You find rope rare right now, even though IRL there should be several meters in every house

Don't much care as a lot of rifles would realistically be found with slings on them already. It makes sense for the axe if you don't have a backpack, but you could find a way to attach it to the backpack.

Honestly, the better solve for melee is to make smaller melee weapons more useful for zombies and then you don't have to have people running around with big axes on their back. They don't have to make them as effective for me to use them and at that point, they could even make the axe take up the primary slot, so you can't reasonably lug around a giant axe and a rifle at the same time. Add a hatchet that can be slung at the waist to use instead.

I would actually rather see some better strategies for taking out zombies than melee anyway. Like putting out some traps and fresh meat for bait.

If you have no bag I think you should need a sling.

But if you do you should have the option to have it tied to your bag with a slightly longer draw time.

Also having the gun 'hanging' off the shoulder out to the front of you for an even faster draw time than the normal sling over back.

Don't much care as a lot of rifles would realistically be found with slings on them already. It makes sense for the axe if you don't have a backpack, but you could find a way to attach it to the backpack.

Honestly, the better solve for melee is to make smaller melee weapons more useful for zombies and then you don't have to have people running around with big axes on their back. They don't have to make them as effective for me to use them and at that point, they could even make the axe take up the primary slot, so you can't reasonably lug around a giant axe and a rifle at the same time. Add a hatchet that can be slung at the waist to use instead.

I would actually rather see some better strategies for taking out zombies than melee anyway. Like putting out some traps and fresh meat for bait.

Then have some spawn with sling attatchments.