Officer25

Multiple Rifles

I wouldn't say that carrying two rifles is normal, and I'm sorry if that's how it sounded.  I was trying to show that it is possible and can be practicle. 

Really it's a way to help the lonewolf playstyle.  Groups can have dedicated snipers, looters, medics, and mules.  But Lonewolves need to play all roles themselves.  So being able to carry say a mosin and m4 can be a balancing point.  And yes it could/should balance out to less gear somehow but that's why I was thinking a dragbag would work.  But honestly there are back packs that are large enough to store an m4.  This could also mean not carrying a sidearm. 

Really as the game is now, you can easily survive without carrying food or even water if you stay in areas that have loot, which means that you need to only really keep guns/ammo and med supplies.  And with a possible ~70 storage slots in total you could carry a lot, and the only thing that is size based in the system is weapons.  A can of beans takes up the same amount of space as a speedloader, pistol mag, drug injector, etc.  A fnx takes the same as an ammo can, 2 canteens, medkit, 2 sticks, etc.  This doesn't make sense.  I know I could fit a 1911 and over 300 rounds into an ammo can easily with room to spare.  (not an fnx I know but the 1911 is thinner and longer so it's close) 

So why can't I stuff an m4 in a backpack?  It actually looks almost the same length as the giant rediculously stuffed mountain pack.  Heck for that matter why not be able to take the m4 apart and store it?  Then you'd even have to open inventory put half in your hands and then attach the second half.

wow i did not mean to hijack this thread... i need to get off the forums.

US soldiers usually carry one rifle in a war situation...

yeah not because its the best for the soilder, but because its cheaper on weapons. Reminds me of the movie Enemy at the gates, when the russian conscripts are being given 1 gun for every 2 soliders.. the second solider gets 5 rounds and the instructions to pick up the rifle when someone dies ...  Plenty of soliders in the vietnam conflict carried secondary main weapons, captured from the enemy. It wouldnt be a hard thing to have 3 main weapon slots and figure out if you wanted to go melee-melee (twin weilded machettes or hand axes anyone) and a rifle or two rifles and a pistol, (or twin pistols and a rifle).. you could have a lot of fun with it.

• Like 1

yeah not because its the best for the soilder, but because its cheaper on weapons. 

Weeelll, from what I remember of my army days, if we could carry less shit, we did. So I don't think most soldiers would pick up a second rifle unless they were ordered to.

But in any case, we're not talking about soldiers here, we're talking about a game that wants to force its players to make hard choices. Which is why I think the current system fits it very well. I just wish that we'd have to find a sling (or make one with rope, or whatever else might work) before we could even put a rifle on our back in the first place! Until then, you have to carry it in your hands at all times. Once you put a sling on it, you can shoulder it, and carry another rifle in your hands if you really, really want to. 

• Like 1

I agree with been able to carry two rifles, i was thinking that the Devs could implement a rifle bag once that is found you can carry 2 rifles on your back aswell as your rucksack.

9-11-series-heavy-duty-100cm-rifle-bag-o

Having to find the bag first would make it slightly harder to carry 2. I know if i where in this situation id carry a scoped rifle a carbine and a pistol if i could.

Out of curiosity, how would you holster a weapon in the front?  I can't picture that, unless you are talking about a 3point sling which would be out of place on anything but millitary rifles, and even then usually is only seen on special ops because it can be a pain to deal with.

As for being on the back pack it does seem strange to me that you don't need rope to attach it, not all guns come with or are capable of using slings... and how the heck do you just stick a fire axe or bat on your back? 

Sorry I really was curious about holstering on the front.

Aye true will work only with military, seems way quicker tbh and if you check the new metal gear you will see what i mean, but ye i hate those backpack magnets for sure, but few games managed to make holsters realistic, and i hate clipping in games, immersion breaker.

Maybe when they add physics all weapons will have craftable slings.

Edited by whothehellishe

You can already carry a gun in your hands, a gun on your back, a melee weapon on your back, a handgun in your holster, a sawed-off shotgun in your backpack and multiple handguns in your backpack.

What more do you want!?

• Like 1

That would be too OP, I suggest putting a rifle on your BP taking almost half of it. Or 2 rifles on back but not letting you sprint

You should be able to use a knife to cut a hole in the top of GM backpack so you can fit a gun in there (for lots of slots) and the barrel would go through the hole so the gun would fit.

I meant to say they do not carry a pistol, a rifle, a machine gun and a sniper rifle around with 10 boxes of ammo.

The average soldier has his primary, 300 rounds for it, and a pistol with an additional 100 rounds. A sniper carries his sniper rifle with about 200 rounds, an M4 with about 200, and sidearm with about 100 rounds. Not to.mention frags. A soldier can carry whatever he wants, as long as its signed out to him.

In DayZ, I carry my Mosin in my hands, my M4 on my back, magnum in chest holster and have a sawnoff in my bag. I carry roughly 100 rounds of mosin, 100 rounds of m4, 50 magnum rounds and 20 sawnoff shells. Boom, Im carrying 4 guns that can cover any situation, with more than enough ammo. And this is just in alpha...

you know in real life guns are really heavy, just sayin'

My full size mosin weighs 8 1/2 pounds and I can go hog hunting (which requires gun at the ready, running skills, climbing skills and balls of steel) for close to eight hours. But maybe thats because I excersice so I can pass BUD/S in a few years...

My full size mosin weighs 8 1/2 pounds and I can go hog hunting (which requires gun at the ready, running skills, climbing skills and balls of steel) for close to eight hours. But maybe thats because I excersice so I can pass BUD/S in a few years...

Hog hunting is awesome. Were covered up with them here in south Alabama. I prefer a .270 Winchester or a .30-.30 Marlin among other things, both great all around guns.

this aint war this is zombie apocalypse

Then let me ask you how many people in TWD carried a huge pack, had it full of rifles and cans of food and ammo....they were constantly running out of both even gas was a problem...oh and i didn't see people wearing full armor either in the shootout at the prison.

Enforcer, one of the first episodes he had a duffel full of guns. And the fight where theybkilled the guys son, the asian and his woman had SWAT armor. And Durrhunter, I use the mosin cause if I cant hit it, I can beat it with that boatanchor of a mosin XD yiur my states neighbor by the way

In my humble opinion.. You can already carry two rifles, they should only add an option to swap them out without dropping one in the process.. and there is already a "debuff" implemented if you are carrying two rifles, you tend to run slower..  The option of having an additional rifle on the back should only be through extremely rare rifle holster or a bag.. that also prohibits your movement.

or maybe a combination of Personal Defense Weapon (PDW, in a pistol slot maybe) and a sniper rifle should be allowed to have both holstered.

and a 1 weapon limit for LMG's and other heavier weapons (50cal sniper..) as they get added.

Out of curiosity, how would you holster a weapon in the front?  I can't picture that, unless you are talking about a 3point sling which would be out of place on anything but millitary rifles, and even then usually is only seen on special ops because it can be a pain to deal with.

As for being on the back pack it does seem strange to me that you don't need rope to attach it, not all guns come with or are capable of using slings... and how the heck do you just stick a fire axe or bat on your back? 

Sorry I really was curious about holstering on the front.

I have this Magpul sling http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG509/slings for my 74, pretty simple to use (this is slightly off topic)

But I would say 2 point sling systems would be pretty common, although it may be nice to have to find said sling, Then you could atleast hang your rifle over your front.  I agree that its kind of weird that things just hover over your back though. would make this games choices a lot tougher if you had to hold something in your hands or have room in your pack for it (unless you had a sling or rope to tie it up with) 

Also Id like to say that the fire ax really wouldn't be much lighter than having a rifle in its place, I would be for allowing 2 rifles  in the current design slots ( you give up a lot of room or melee ability to get more fire power) depending on your play style thats a pretty big trade.

I'd also like another drawback...it's called fatigue.

Stamina system is planned.