Sign in to follow this  
Golden Child

Crossbow/Bow & Arrow

Personally I would love to see a common bow & arrow and maybe a higher grade military crossbow of some sort implemented into the game, something that offers a silent death which someone like myself, would love to be made possible without mauling someone with a fireaxe or something. Also make the bows hard to aim and not 100% lethal unless delivered to kill spots, I would love to find a stealthy spot and take someone out with an arrow to the neck but thats just me.

• Like 2

It would be great for taking out zombies silently as well, not just people. Nothing worse than killing a zombie and just alerting more zombies.

Yep, this plus predator animals would be awesome. Nothing like going bear hunting with an improvised bow and three arrows.

Do some research first. Devs are working on it some time now. That's their statement. Soon enough bow/arrow will be in game alongside with hunting. 

Edited by Meik0

Yep, this plus predator animals would be awesome. Nothing like going bear hunting with an improvised bow and three arrows.

LOL your a brave brave man id be shitting myself to try take a decent sized bear with an improvised bow ( eg would have very low pound rating) but yes i am waiting for these weapons..

Oh dont forget a crossbow has enormous penetrating power they would be infact quite lethal at mid range and have no trouble going through your back pack ( unless striking say a handgun etc in it )

Edited by SoulFirez

LOL your a brave brave man id be shitting myself to try take a decent sized bear with an improvised bow ( eg would have very low pound rating) but yes i am waiting for these weapons..

When in doubt, YOLO that shit out.

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't have anything of value on me when attempting that. Hell of a story if I live tho.

Do some research first. Devs are working on it some time now. That's their statement. Soon enough bow/arrow will be in game alongside with hunting. 

Yeah I read about that, plus on the wiki it says bows under a weapon section i was just spreading the idea and just sharing ideas about it

Plus whats better than having a bow and arrow and living in a tent in the mountains?

Edited by Golden Child

I dont think bows will be very effective outside of hunting and/or zombies.

Crossbows will be rather viable vs another player though. Most any proper arrow will likely rip through a soft kevlar vest with no trouble.

Maybe it will have a hard time against stab vest, but we will have to see how the devs decide to balance it...

i like the idea of a player crafted low quality prone to breaking, bow. with carved arrows.

hatchet+tree=firewood

firewood+rope/animal skin=bow

a good quality archery bow would be cool, but rare

and a hunting crossbow like the mod

nah, what am i saying...

FLAMING GRENADE ARROWS

Hopefully there will be at least a few different types of stringed weapons.

We need Craftable bows, crossbows, long bows, compound bows and maybe slingshots..

Certain shots should be instant death, like head and maybe neck. Will be interesting to see how they mitigate damage. Personally I feel I would gravitate towards a compound hunting bow over crossbows and what not. They shouldnt have to make aiming too hard, as long as the physics works realistically. Maybe have your pull strength determined by how long you hold down the trigger like in other games.

• Like 1

nah, what am i saying...

FLAMING GRENADE ARROWS

Yeaaahh... Flaming arrows shotted right through a car window while it still in movement. ~BOOM BI$@$#~

I was going to ask, "What exactly is a 'military grade crossbow'?" But I found the answer myself in the detailed archives of Wikipedia. Not my preferred weapon of choice IRL, but then again neither is a fireaxe.