guppy22143

I Believe I am Having A Heart Attack

Stop eating so much mcdonalds....

Seriously

Don't run at full sprint all the time. I believe they added heart attacks to address this problem where ppl run at full sprint across the map. If you run at the regular joggin speed and take periodic breaks to search/eat/catch your breath you wont have an issue

I believe it's already been addressed that the running full sprint wouldn't been removed until they offered vehicles. I could be wrong. I usually am. But until they do I will run Forrest run.

NSAID - anti-inflammatory?  Maybe you mean an NSAIA  (analgesic + antipyretic) ?

Ask Guppy, he's the medic.. I'm just a passing guy in the street.

If I am ignorant to it, forgive me. I have done very little experimentation with painkillers, due to their semi-rarity. However, in previous posts on this thread I have in fact entertained the thought that the painkillers were numbing me... ;D

• Like 1

NSAID - anti-inflammatory?  Maybe you mean an NSAIA  (analgesic + antipyretic) ?

Ask Guppy, he's the medic.. I'm just a passing guy in the street.

Not really, read further into the wikipedia article you just found.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Server messages just fucking with you. I wouldn't be too worried.

• Like 1

This heart attack business in the game just seems silly. Infections, colds, poisining, even scurvy all seem quite straightforward and natural for this kind of game. But this malady is a weird choice.

I'm completely against the idea, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to implement. That being said, this thread might be of use to you: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175477-just-died-of-heart-attack-incredibly-stupid/?hl=%2Bheart+%2Battack

Apparently it was the server he was on.

This.

It was just server messages.  :)

I knot this is silly, but the thread title reminds me of one of those life alert commercials lol.

So, I was recently playing on a hardcore server... When something quite interesting (and alarming) happened.

I started running, and it said "my heart is beating faster than normal". I decided it COULD just  be due to the running, but took pain killers just to be sure.

"I feel light headed" I am thinking it is exhaustion at this point, so I decide to sit down for a little while.

"My body feels numb" This is when I know for sure that something is wrong. It could be an effect of the painkillers... But I am afraid my character might be going into cardiac arrest. I will observe what happens, and see if I can treat it. For science!

Still haven't answered Knar's question :l

This is experimental I am assuming right?

After further testing, I have concluded that this must be server-side. I just can't get the status again. However, I will try again tomorrow. Juuuust to be sure.

It's most likely admin trolling. Several of my friends have reported seeing "I'm feeling gay" messages. They usually then proceed to do horrible things to a survivor. *shivers*

Still haven't answered Knar's question :l

This is experimental I am assuming right?

It wasn't, hence why it was alarming.

But yes, it seems it was just the server... I have done extensive testing, on both experimental and stable... I just can't get the alert messages.

It's most likely admin trolling. Several of my friends have reported seeing "I'm feeling gay" messages. They usually then proceed to do horrible things to a survivor. *shivers*

i lol'd

heart attack...Implementing stuff like this can ruin the game.

Heart attack chance in real life is so low, running for hours will not get you a heart attack.Unless you are unhealthy, chobby, smoker and drug addict.

I am fearing the developers have no idea about heart attack in real life and when can it happen.So this scares me that it might be a game breaker.

P.S. stop making stuff too overly exagurated realistic that create a chain of inconvinience with stuff that are not realistic.Its ruining the game.

If Guppy is a long term survivor in Dayz SA (as he says in another thread) then he's doing good testing this stuff out. As you go through the game you learn what you NEED to survive and what is not important - then when you see what you need you pick it up without thinking about it, as you go past. A day later something will happen and if you haven't got that thing in your pocket you're dead.

For instance - In the mod you needed 2 bandages and 1 morphine. Every time you used 1 of these things you straight off went to find another to replace it. If you didn't you got into a sudden situation and died despite all your heavy military kit (for instance zomb agro unexpectedly while you're bandaging, so you bleed again or he breaks your leg ).

Now SA is more complicated, to make you concentrate more on the survival situation.

Everything you don't understand kills you. Keep surviving Guppy, dude

xx pilgrim 

It's a server message.

I keep getting "Something is looking at you" on one of my fav servers.

• Like 1

I just sprinted for 20 minutes and before that I jogged for 10 minutes on a experimental server... the only thing that happened was that I lost some hydration levels.

Albeit I am at full health, blood and energy levels. But I don't think you'll just get a random heart attack without some other type of condition, such as poor nutrition, blunt force trauma, already wounded, whatever other reason there might be. I would have recorded it, but I felt it unnecessary since no one would actually watch someone running for 30 minutes in pitch black.

My guess is a hacker gave you false disease statuses. Heart attacks aren't in the game yet, there is nothing to trigger it.

My guess is a hacker gave you false disease statuses. Heart attacks aren't in the game yet, there is nothing to trigger it.

Well, one can never be too careful. For good measure I ran tests on that server and another server, both on experimental and stable. I also switched between hardcore and regular. It was definitely a hacker or server message, but I had to be sure.