Sign in to follow this  
yorkmorgan

Where the heck is the long range scope?

I've clocked in over 100 hours and never seen one, looted fresh airfields, barracks, piano houses... WHERE ARE THEY?? 

I've clocked in over 100 hours and never seen one, looted fresh airfields, barracks, piano houses... WHERE ARE THEY?? 

On players.. kill them = profit

Dude You can find them in barracks quite easily I found one just today check under beds in barracks is where I found mine

I've personally seen them in hangars and air traffic control towers.

Dude You can find them in barracks quite easily I found one just today check under beds in barracks is where I found mine

Thanks. maybe the dayz gods are just not in my favour...

I'm personally wishing I could find a Pristine or worn PU scope... I never find them in good condition anymore now that I actually have a use for them.

freshly restarted server, NE airfield  ATC and the 2 hangers = easy to get one.

Don't feel bad they hate me too, I've cleared so many airfields and everything over the past couple weeks since they were made rare and haven't found one that spawned. I don't server hop I just usually do the berezino, shipwreck, NEAF, loop when I die. Resulting in tons of gear, sooo many weapons, I find PU scopes a lot, but no long range.

Only one I found was off someone I killed. 

on me, seriously i passed 4 up and have 3 in my pack right now. going to dump them in the woods. look in barracks, and hangars. 

Where are all the LRSs?

Well they used to be here, in my backpack,

2014-02-09_00001_zpsf61e997b.jpg

But now they are rotting under some random bush in the far north.

Sorry snipers you no can have.

Actually I'm not sorry HA HAHAHAHAH!!!

Edited by Franchi

The LRS, ACOG, M4 Silencer, FNX Silencer, MRD, and RIS spawn frequencies have diminished greatly.  I seem to run across the PU, Mosen Compensator & Bipod at a slightly higher rate and the weapons flashlights seem almost common at times. Not to make lite of your luck, but I picked up a PU in pristine condition just this morning in a garage.  I don't have a use for the PU just now, but I couldn't leave it there ya know? 

I'm not a hopper, so I can't say if any given server change improves the odds. I've circled the map many times but typically move from Svet head West to NEAF, to Kras, Gvoz, Grish then on to NWAF, might catch the little military base too. Then off to  Vybor and then head South down to Povlo and then backtrack all over again up North and then East to Svet.  I like to stay North as you can tell.

For a PU, the best places to look are the garages imho.  Actually, not just my opinion, but based on my experience.  If you have a M4 Silencer, we could possibly work something out.  However patience seems to be the best, most rewarding aspect of the game.  I was looking for morphine over the course of a week+ to give to the medical team since broken legs had spiked and only found one.  In the past 24 hours I've found four of them...

Good luck!

• Like 1

You my Sir, Suck! LMAO!

Where are all the LRSs?

You my Sir, Suck! LMAO!

That actually represents a few weeks worth of surviving and hitting the NWAF after the noon reset (no one on then) every other day or so on my hardcore character.

Server hoping you could probably do that in a few hours.

Here is how I see it:

Never leave a LRS behind, it will only fall into the hands of a recently deceased server hopping KOS sniper who upon finding it will immediately head back to the coast to kill freshspawns to work of his/her rage at being killed by a freshspawn so he/she can get back to the business of killing freshspawns while clear headed.

Edited by Franchi

Where are all the LRSs?

This guy is obviously looting them from nighttime servers. Look at how gamma-corrected that image is.
  • Like 2

Good call!

This guy is obviously looting them from nighttime servers. Look at how gamma-corrected that image is.

LOL true, my favorite hardcore server is night time most of the time.

Yep, same thing here. Though I catch the early shift, 6:00am resets before heading into the office.  Early worm as some say.  Nothing like a nice quiet stroll around Chernarus on a sunny morning.

That actually represents a few weeks worth of surviving and hitting the NWAF after the noon reset (no one on then) every other day or so on my hardcore character.

Server hoping you could probably do that in a few hours.

Here is how I see it:

Never leave a LRS behind, it will only fall into the hands of a recently deceased server hopping KOS sniper who upon finding it will immediately head back to the coast to kill freshspawns to work of his/her rage at being killed by a freshspawn so he/she can get back to the business of killing freshspawns while clear headed.

Edited by Super_Duty

It seems to me you either need to server hop or be very lucky... I have about 120 hours in game and have hit numerous military bases (many ((seemingly)) unlooted) and I've never seen one. :(

I refuse to server hop mil bases, but damn it would be nice to find one one day! 

Your mom's house lolololololoooleelellelelelelelel

Seriously though, start exploring the rest of the map instead of hopping airfields and certain buildings.  You'll be surprised what you can find and where.

Edited by Mdogg2005

More like copying items over and over - known exploit with weapons. 

Found mine in one of the hangers on the NW airfield, didnt spot it at first, those things are too big to have one item at the back of them, ha :). But, it was there for me. 

Found mine in one of the hangers on the NW airfield, didnt spot it at first, those things are too big to have one item at the back of them, ha :). But, it was there for me. 

Shhhhhh dude, you know how many people look in the door then move on, it's like a hidden treasure trove back there.

edit; from what I can tell, the spawn rate drop's again on experimental and the mosin dmg has been nerfed, expect 2-3 shot to kill instead of one.

Edited by Window Licker

i also have over 100h ingame... and never even seen one :)

But well i also havent looted manye untouched military bases yet as well...

270 hours and found a few i dump em in the woods no use for em personally just dont want ta get picked off peeking my head around a corner....