Sign in to follow this  
jibler

Hackers :(

I was fully geared for about three days and going strong then i was in the air field and a gun came out of the ground of the jail floor and shot me shot back could only hit the floor but he could shoot me this is getting out of hand. I have no issue dieing to a normal player but this is just getting old 

• Like 3

Do we have a report section? If not we need it meow. 

not everything is a hack. there are exploits to clip into things. (i dont really trsut telling you, you could try doing the same thing) and somtimes people (or you) have such bad dysync they look like they are clipping into the ground when they are actually in front of you

Would be the strangest hack of all time.

He was just desynced blame... err... the server? Alpha? Dunno. 

what he said ^

i love how people without the basic DayZ knowledge jump to haxors every time there is an unfair kill

• Like 1

I was fully geared for about three days and going strong then i was in the air field and a gun came out of the ground of the jail floor and shot me shot back could only hit the floor but he could shoot me this is getting out of hand. I have no issue dieing to a normal player but this is just getting old 

Punctuation is key. If I recall, it was taught sometime back in around, oh, 2nd grade?

You weren't hacked, you were glitched. NEAF I am sure.

Go back to CoD until the game is out of alpha, please.

• Like 1

Punctuation is key. If I recall, it was taught sometime back in around, oh, 2nd grade?

You weren't hacked, you were glitched. NEAF I am sure.

Go back to CoD until the game is out of alpha, please.

A little uncalled for... But yeah. You were probably desync killed. And use grammar please...

I've logged in only to find myself in such a position. It took me 5 minutes of constantly running and trying to jump out before I finally got out, but I guess he took advantage of it instead.

Oh, someone that was inside the floor or wall in a well known military building killed me... HACKS!

Edited by AntonioAJC

As others have noted, this is a glitch not a bug. Unfortunately there is not much you can do about it ATM. There isn't any way to actually find out which player was even doing it unless there were only two of you on the server or the other player typed something in chat.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

Yeah, all of you guys are just so wise and knowledgeable.  Definitely no way this could have happened, OP is just whining about a death.  Clearly.  Wouldn't be hard at all to disable input while the game is loading, that's less than 5 lines to the script.  Why do characters need to be able to move around while the screen is still black?  Only answer: so people can clip and cheat.  There's no other legitimate reason, we're all supposed to be logging out in safe places right?  Should be no reason to spam Z or X to go prone or crouch while you're loading, at all.

disableuserinput true;
server globalchat "You are unable to move while the scene renders."
sleep 3;  //3 seconds to prevent moving before the buildings render, increase it if the average takes longer.
disableuserinput false;

Done.  No more clip cheating.

Edited by OhNoes

Yeah, all of you guys are just so wise and knowledgeable.  Definitely no way this could have happened, OP is just whining about a death.  Clearly.  Wouldn't be hard at all to disable input while the game is loading, that's less than 5 lines to the script.  Why do characters need to be able to move around while the screen is still black?  Only answer: so people can clip and cheat.  There's no other legitimate reason, we're all supposed to be logging out in safe places right?  Should be no reason to spam Z or X to go prone or crouch while you're loading, at all.

disableuserinput true;

server globalchat "You are unable to move while the scene renders."

sleep 3;  //3 seconds to prevent moving before the buildings render, increase it if the average takes longer.

disableuserinput false;

Done.  No more clip cheating.

Yeah clearly you are not among the enlightened who happen to know exactly where his "hacking" assailant was. Your no-clip script would be useless because it is somewhere accessible to anyone, at any time, without even trying. I found it accidentally, and it took no effort at all to find several youtube vids of people exploiting it.

I really dont know how anyone who has played long enough to make a couple of trips around NEAF couldn't know about this glitch, and be extra aware when they go there. So yeah, OP is just whining, as are you.