Sign in to follow this  
smoq2

How long does a dead body stay before it is "cleaned"?

I've seen bodies that disappear after a couple of minutes, and I've seen them staying around for around half an hour, which makes me a bit confused about the actual timer.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Well, I've died once, ran 40 minutes to get back to my body and it was still there, i'm pretty sure it's not just 10 minutes.

Yeah, I've heard it's 10 minutes as well, but same as TedZ, I've seen otherwise. That's why I decided to ask. :)

I think it was supposed to be reduced to 10 minutes in a previous update, however it's been a bit hit and miss based on my experience. Some bodies disappear after around 10 minutes, others seem to hang around for a lot longer - and yes, they are still loot-able.

Well, I've died once, ran 40 minutes to get back to my body and it was still there, i'm pretty sure it's not just 10 minutes.

The 10 minute timer was implemented on the last patch that went stable I believe.

The 10 minute timer was implemented on the last patch that went stable I believe.

Indeed, yesterday i got killed by falling down and glitching through a building in Svetlyorsk, spawned in berenzino, made my way to svet, my body was gone, guess i didn;t make it in 10 minutes

I've seen a body not disappearing after 30 minutes yesterday, so it's still an issue.

On a side note, I got frustrated with it after that time and went to hide it myself. :D

It's important to note that, while the server will clean bodies every 10 minutes, if a player is within range of the body - it will NOT be cleaned.

So reaching your body after 40 minutes, means that someone was near it for an extended amount of time.

All this will be sorted in future. Cleanup is a temporary measure at the moment to lessen server strain.

• Like 1

If the person goes unconsious, the 10 minute time doesn't kick on until they are dead or respawn.  I watched a body that I shot on top of the apartments in Berezino for at least 20 minutes before it cleaned up.  I only hit the guy once with a LRS mosin, so he could have gone down and waited for a wake up potentially.

It's important to note that, while the server will clean bodies every 10 minutes, if a player is within range of the body - it will NOT be cleaned.

So reaching your body after 40 minutes, means that someone was near it for an extended amount of time.

All this will be sorted in future. Cleanup is a temporary measure at the moment to lessen server strain.

^ truth.