Sign in to follow this  
Silentce

Need help figuring out what is causing such low fps

Hello all, 

I am trying (quite unsuccessfully) to run dayz with my computer which is about 5 years old, which normally does alright when running games with everything on medium and 1920x1080 resolution. I have read in alot of places that Dayz puts most of the pressure on the cpu, and this might be the likely culprit for my problems due to my computer being so out of date. None the less I have checked out guides and altered my games settings in my documents as well as under my nvidia video card to try to put a bit more of the load on the video card as well as lower this load in general. 

I am currently normally around 5-20 fps with everything on low and am not yet ready to buy a completely new computer system. For this reason I am hoping that I could post my specs here, and that maybe a few of you could help me identify where exactly my system is bottlenecking while playing dayz, so that I can attempt to replace that particular part. 

I realize that as the computer is a bit older there may be a few things that are quite a bit out of date. Despite this I would like to find out what the biggest bottleneck is in this case and replace it. Here are my current specs> 

avbgTN7.png

If anyone could help me recommend a resource monitor that would monitor ram, cpu as well as gpu or anything in order for me to find out what my largest problem area is, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Silentce

This engine brings top end machines of today to their knees and you want to know where to look to see what's holding you back? Hate to sound like a dick but the whole system is slow dude.

If you want more performance the best thing you could do is get the fastest intel i5 you can afford + mobo + ram and if you can stretch an ssd, then look at replacing the rebadged 8800GT....