Apocrypha8

Where is everyone?(Balota+NWAF)

Everyone is missing in action. Earlier, I tried to die at NWAF by joining a high pop server, ONTOP OF THE FIREHOUSE TOWER. I waited for like 20 minutes, saw one person, stood up when he was facing me to give him a chance to kill me, and I still killed him.

Now, I've been at Balota waiting for my friend, like 20 minutes in overwatch position on a 40 man server. Heard one or two gunshots, no player activity whatsoever. The barracks doors were even closed.

I just killed some poor soul named Augustus at the NWAF.. he lost a ton of loot for being too loud and storming through my door with zeds on his 6. 

But he was the first guy I saw there in quite some time... 

What makes you think people go to air fields on high pop servers? You think people are eager to run all the way to the NWAF and collect loot just so they can get sniped and respawn? Try going to a 5-15 man server....

Edited by t1337Dude

It ain't the mod, is it? I'm staggered at the lack of players at NWAF/NEAF often. Haven't been to Balota in a while. It's anti-climatic when you approach one of those airfields, full of adrenalin and ready for anything, and then ... nothing.

• Like 2

It ain't the mod, is it? I'm staggered at the lack of players at NWAF/NEAF often. Haven't been to Balota in a while. It's anti-climatic when you approach one of those airfields, full of adrenalin and ready for anything, and then ... nothing.

Seems to be the same as the mod for me. I'm using the exact same tactics as always.

Seems to be the same as the mod for me. I'm using the exact same tactics as always.

I've hardly seen anyone at either airfield, relatively-speaking. Killed some folks, died some, but the frequency of interactions has been far less.

Most of the players have heard all of the "horror" stories at NWAF and Balota, NEAF, etc. so they no longer go there on High-pops, for the most part.

It's sad, cuz my favorite thing to do is to go there and look for some action, but alas, everyone is fist-fighting in elektro

Just had a nasty fire fight at Balota . Was 20 players on the server, moved to flank other squad, then started to rain,yep u got it game crashed ! lol

Go to any of those places in a low pop server, and you have an excellent chance of seeing others.  Especially right after the server has restarted.

• Like 1

because pvp=endgame (at least in the current build)

Edited by jackthedog

Everyone is missing in action. Earlier, I tried to die at NWAF by joining a high pop server, ONTOP OF THE FIREHOUSE TOWER. I waited for like 20 minutes, saw one person, stood up when he was facing me to give him a chance to kill me, and I still killed him.

Now, I've been at Balota waiting for my friend, like 20 minutes in overwatch position on a 40 man server. Heard one or two gunshots, no player activity whatsoever. The barracks doors were even closed.

Try Berezino or Elektro. People stay in Berezino/Elektro because if they die, they can make it back to their bodies.

Elektro PvP infuriates me because I can never tell how I get killed. I'll be in a spot where there is only a VERY small line of sight to my position, and so the only way to kill me will be to shoot me from directly in front of me, and I'll be sitting there, looking... looking.... screen goes black "You Are Dead". No gunshot, no nothing.

I was in on apartment building in Cherno. My friend was in the hall to make sure no one came up the stairs behind me. I'm looking through the window and can see every angle that I can be shot from.... died. I was a good three meters away from the window, and the gunshot sound sounded REALLY closed. There was no way they shot me from the ground floor because you can't see that far into the room from the streets, and I was overlooking the rest of the valley ahead. Then my friend also hears the *BLAM* and dies. He had retreated into a bathroom with only one way in and it looked down the hall.

So either that was .PBO hacking, insane desync, or the player was invisible, which some are saying is a glitch / bug.

Right now, Berezino is the new Cherno/Elektro because many survivors spawn on the east coast these days.

I spawned three times in a row in front of the factory north of Solnichniy, so Berezino is the closest.

Right now, Berezino is the new Cherno/Elektro because many survivors spawn on the east coast these days.

I spawned three times in a row in front of the factory north of Solnichniy, so Berezino is the closest.

This, I am sure of it. Everyone goes to Berezino or beelines for NEAF and the shipwreck.

Yeah, there has been plenty of Berezino action on our server lately. NWAF is deserted, Baloto is sometimes great, sometimes boring and sometimes (still) combatlogger/ghosters paradise.

The NWAF is a favourite haunt of mine, I like to dip in and out like a quick swim in the pool on a Saturday morn. The last dozen or so times I've been there it has been empty with most of the buildings un looted. There was one guy once who ran past the firestation as I was looting it, shooting the z's and generally being noisy so I waited with anticipation for him to come to me. A couple of minutes passed before I went out to see if he was about and he was sat in one of the hangers eating some food lol.

No wonder people KOS when there are morons like that running around with no tactical awareness, they're making it easy for the bandits imo.

Everyone's too busy getting themselves killed in Cherno/Electro, then QQing about it on the forums :P

Everyone's too busy getting themselves killed in Cherno/Electro, then QQing about it on the forums :P

I just want to do something besides kill players. It's not even like I can find any good old fashioned shootouts that last for more than 10 seconds and don't end with a black screen.

Edited by Apocrypha8