Sign in to follow this  
Apocrypha8

What 'makes' DayZ for you?

As the title says, what is it about DayZ that keeps you coming back, or you really like. Personally, I'm all for the human interaction aspect of the game. Albeit nobody really does that and simply kills on sight. No games can evoke such emotion/physical responses like DayZ can. When you're playing COD or something, you don't get a mini heart attack(most of the time). When someone shoots you/around you or runs out in front of you. The dim prospect of losing all of your hard-earned(unless you're a server hopper .-.) gear is enough to keep you fighting for your life.

Here is my analogy of DayZ versus other games.

Other games when I die I curse, once. Like, "F___." Thats it.

Dayz when I die, I have to go get some whiskey and have a smoke. Maybe roll something up for my nerves.. It takes time to grab the mouse again. 

Also why I keep coming back after short breaks to play mindless FPS games dulling my senses.. I <3 DayZ

• Like 3

Your under the impression we have a choice. DayZ is the Hotel California. You can check out, but you can never leave....

I come back for the constant challenge. If I wanted to be spoon fed success, I would stop playing this and Eve, and return to LootCraft.

• Like 1

It's the freedom and the realism/survival element. Before DayZ (Mod) came along my favourite FPS franchise was Battlefield because most games forced you in to the same old alley/corridor grenade spam formula, a complete lack of freedom, but since DayZ I have found myself completely uninterested in any other shooter. This just has what I want. Now I play strategy games, RPGs, and DayZ.