Sign in to follow this  
Mrs.Sinister

Gunfire attracting zombies

There seems to be no consequences to firing a gun and I feel that if gunfire attracted hordes of zombies, people may be less inclined to shoot, especially other players. It may cut down on the 'kill on sight' mentality  that some players have and that some are against. I understand that that style of playing is what some prefer but there has to be consequences to those actions. It may make people think a little more as to whether it is worth shooting the person or zombie if it attracts hordes. Just a suggestion, and interested to know how others feel about this.

• Like 2

Well you know i love the idea myself, should be an aim for them without a doubt. The human killing machines would be alot more reluctant to just KOS without a fear when the zombies are actually a threat alone, and also even more reluctant should they become a huge threat in great numbers, that you would bring down upon yourself by unloading an M4 in to some oblivious guys back in the middle of a town or city. 

Um.. gunfire does attract zombies. There just aren't "hordes" of them in game yet.

Even as a horde, in their current state they wouldn't put off anyone shooting at anything they feel like. There needs to be massive consequences for shooting your gun in towns and city's and the zombies need to be it, they need to be a real threat, not just shooting your gun, one or two hear it and come for you, change to your axe run in a circle around them, whack whack dead.. It would greatly put off the KOS's and they are a problem that needs to be handled realistically. This is it. 

• Like 1

There seems to be no consequences to firing a gun and I feel that if gunfire attracted hordes of zombies, people may be less inclined to shoot, especially other players. It may cut down on the 'kill on sight' mentality  that some players have and that some are against. I understand that that style of playing is what some prefer but there has to be consequences to those actions. It may make people think a little more as to whether it is worth shooting the person or zombie if it attracts hordes. Just a suggestion, and interested to know how others feel about this.

If you want to test your theory, take a magnum or some such on a new server then head, here http://dayzdb.com/map#7.091.075 and fire your magnum, hope you have a speed loader!

Huh? My gunfire always attracts zombies. So are my milkshakes.

In your yard

They should not act too dumb and forget you when you are out of their LoS. That would make them act more smarter, i don't think they dumbed down that much to lose interest when they can't see you a second later.