Sign in to follow this  
elmorigs

DayZ SA Character Reset

Hi just recently my friend and i were playing together and today we logged in his character was reset... altho this has happen to me  before i was able to relog and got my character back but that did not work for him....

I know this is in ALPHA but when can this issue be fixed or accounts restored?

He logged out together with me. In the same room... i have my stuff intact

LOL, "can this be fixed or accounts restored"

awesome idea...but no you dont get special treatment

simply put your character can reset if you sneeze in the wrong direction.

it is an alpha test. not a full release game.

search the forums with the search bar and you will find common reasons on why whipes happen and how to avoid them.

he could have simply slipped throug the floor or something wacky and boom, wiped.

the first and last time this happend to me i had to relog around 15 times to get my old charakter back. this is how it worked for me, check out Post Nr. 4 in this Thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155427-random-character-wipesresets-when-joining-the-same-official-server-possible-bugdiscussion/?p=1557217

Edited by DonDude

LOL, "can this be fixed or accounts restored"

awesome idea...but no you dont get special treatment

simply put your character can reset if you sneeze in the wrong direction.

it is an alpha test. not a full release game.

search the forums with the search bar and you will find common reasons on why whipes happen and how to avoid them.

he could have simply slipped throug the floor or something wacky and boom, wiped.

Yo Nigs no one is asking for special treatment And i did specifically mention the word ALPHA  so pull your head out of your donkey

the first and last time this happend to me i had to relog around 15 times to get my old charakter back. this is how it worked for me, check out Post Nr. 4 in this Thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/155427-random-character-wipesresets-when-joining-the-same-official-server-possible-bugdiscussion/?p=1557217

Doubt logging in and out 15 times is gona help anymore since you get the timer now..

Spawning back on the coast is a part of DayZ.  If you aren't willing to lose everything you've worked for and start with nothing, this may not be the game for you guys.

By the way, obvious "it's alpha, don't get attached to gear etc. etc."

Exit the game completely and restart. If that doesn't work, try it once more. 

If that doesn't work, your character is truly lost. My best guess would be that your friend logged off in an unsafe place and was killed in the 30 second combat log timer.

Doubt logging in and out 15 times is gona help anymore since you get the timer now..

my charakter reset happend yesterday and i didn't had a timer. I just reloged on the same server over and over again. The strange thing is, a buddy of mine had a charakter reset simultaneously on the same server and he had a timer each time he was relogging.

well, i got a charakter reset again. This time i was not able to get my fully equipped charakter back. Also i got a timer each time i tried to relog.

i guess i'll wait for a fix since the survival aspect is lost because of daily charackter resets

He logged out together with me. In the same room... i have my stuff intact

easy .... U shot him while he was logging out and took his stuff..

u should realy feal bad 

Yo Nigs no one is asking for special treatment And i did specifically mention the word ALPHA  so pull your head out of your donkey

Word G-Unit, where can one acquire a donkey these days?