Sign in to follow this  
Wicced

Scrollable Hot Bar

I tried to search this but the search functionality of the mobile version of this site sucks a little bit.

I seem to run out of hot bar space quickly. I'd like a simple bind (i.e. Lctrl+ wheel up/down) to switch quickly between 2 or 3 different sets of hot bars thus allowing 30 or so different item types to be stored.

• Like 1

or you could try not putting everything you put in you inventory in your hot bar.

• Like 2

I tried to search this but the search functionality of the mobile version of this site sucks a little bit.

I seem to run out of hot bar space quickly. I'd like a simple bind (i.e. Lctrl+ wheel up/down) to switch quickly between 2 or 3 different sets of hot bars thus allowing 30 or so different item types to be stored.

What are you putting in your hotbar?

I'm using a few more slots than I probably need: Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Melee Weapon, Torch, Canteen, Compass & Map. Everything else I use from inventory.

As for the extra set of bars, I'd dare say that that will add considerable size to the hive/dBases. You'd need to allow for storage of extra bars, so your trippling the size of the existing data. Multiply that by two for the HC/Regular characters. The mult that by two again to account for the fact Experimental uses it's own hive/dBases. Yes, not every player is going to have all of those characters active, but you still have to allow for them because if you don't and they do, you'd have a big mess to clean up when the hive/dBases fall over and every player starts screaming about their 'precious' gear.

So, no. There are enough slots ATM. Adding more simply because you don't want to use the [Tab] key is just adding complexity and requirements that aren't essential.

What do you put in your hotbar?

1. Gun

2. Axe

3. Bandage

4. Map

5. Compass

6. Cuffs.

I personally have 

1. Axe/melee that doesn't suck too bad

2. Magnum (if i have one)/Gun

3.Sawn off (if i have one)/gun2(if i have one)

4. Rifle (if i have one)/Gun3 (if i have one)

Other things are Maps, compasses and stuff i want to concentrate on (eg a food/drink i'm saving or a mag for a weapon i want)

1. Firearm

2. Sidearm

3 -9. Nothing.

I feel having a scrollable hotbar will be frustrating since it takes time for you to actually get the items in your hand.

1-Melee

2-Rifle

3-Gun.
4-torch
That's all. You can even check the compass by inspecting it in the inventory, it's actually faster than equiping it.

But kuddos for this, after all it couldn't hurt.

Edited by ploulaf

What are you putting in your hotbar?

I'm using a few more slots than I probably need: Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Melee Weapon, Torch, Canteen, Compass & Map. Everything else I use from inventory.

As for the extra set of bars, I'd dare say that that will add considerable size to the hive/dBases. You'd need to allow for storage of extra bars, so your trippling the size of the existing data. Multiply that by two for the HC/Regular characters. The mult that by two again to account for the fact Experimental uses it's own hive/dBases. Yes, not every player is going to have all of those characters active, but you still have to allow for them because if you don't and they do, you'd have a big mess to clean up when the hive/dBases fall over and every player starts screaming about their 'precious' gear.

So, no. There are enough slots ATM. Adding more simply because you don't want to use the [Tab] key is just adding complexity and requirements that aren't essential.

1. Fireaxe

2. Pistol

3. Rifle

4. Bandage

5. Ammo Can

6. Epinephrine

7. Morphine

8, Saline

9. Compass

0. Handcuffs

But fuck my post in general since you seem to have life all figured out.  Maybe I want to put the Handcuffs and the Handcuff Keys in my hotbar, maybe I want to put a defibrilator in my hotbar for the upcoming patch.  Maybe I want to be able to use a gas stove or find the meat from the animals I've hunted in my hotbar.  The fact that this is a client side issue doesn't matter to you because you seem know everything there is to know. 

No, that killed me in the mod believe it or not XD

Specially the suicide servers while youre shooting at someoneand you.blowbyour own head off...

And gettin shot at and runnin up to a door to wait scroll and die. Now I just get shot at, run to door and spam F

But fuck my post in general since you seem to have life all figured out.  Maybe I want to put the Handcuffs and the Handcuff Keys in my hotbar, maybe I want to put a defibrilator in my hotbar for the upcoming patch.  Maybe I want to be able to use a gas stove or find the meat from the animals I've hunted in my hotbar.  The fact that this is a client side issue doesn't matter to you because you seem know everything there is to know. 

Are you always this aggressively defensive when someone's post opposes your own opinions? Chill, it's only an opinion.  :rolleyes:

10 items in the hotbar is more than enough and putting items into it that do not need quick access (like a stove or some meat and that ammo can you're carrying) is a waste of a slot. You want items there that require quick and immediate access, not items that can either be manipulated from the inventory or dropped on the floor to access. The ammo can, for example. Why would you need that in your hotbar?

Anyway, going on the responses thus far, you seem to be in the minority in wanting a huge hotbar that would be full of soda cans and bananas, so you should probably prioritise a little more.

My hotbar:

1. Melee

2. Rifle

3. Pistol

4. Bandage.

5. Open or misc. (usually handcuffs)

6. Map

7. Compass

8. Light

9. Drink

0. Food

These are the things I use most often, so this is what I keep on the hotbar. If you have more than one can of beans, it will simply swap over to the next open can if it's in the hotbar. Same goes for drinking. Has to be the same kind of food or drink, though. As for other things I rarely use. I just go into inventory for those.

Inventory management is a part of the game, having a scrollable hotbar defeats the purpose.

Edited by entspeak

What do you put in your hotbar?

1. Gun

2. Axe

3. Bandage

4. Map

5. Compass

6. Cuffs.

1. Primary

2. Secondary

3. Melee

4. Water

5. Bandages

6. Saline/bloodbag

Don't need a map/compass, and I don't hold many people up, so I don't carry cuffs.

You can save hot bar slots by putting all your first aid items in a first aid kit and just hot bar the kit.