Sign in to follow this  
blfonsworth

Mic doesn't work with DayZ Mod

I have done as much research on this as I can and I can't find a fix. My MIC just won't work in DayZ Mod (I assume arma 2 also, but I have not tried to use it in arma 2 yet since I don't play it much)

What works:

Mic works in TS and other out of game programs.

Mic works perfect in Standalone

I can press the caps lock key and see my name pop up on the screen and even see the MIC icon on the screen, but no voice is transmitted.

I can hear others talk but always have to reply via typing.. which sucks sometimes..

I use a Logitech f540 wireless headset and it is set as the default record and output device

I have windows 8 (I know :( )

I use DayZ Commander to launch dayz, however I have Arma2 and Arma2:OA set to run as an administrator.

All of the threads I can find on this forum and others dating back to 2012 all give different ways to fix it. Everything from making sure it's set as default (done it) to running arma in admin mode (done it) and even simple things like rebooting the computer and arma client. I've tried making a different device the default and then switching it back also.. I'm really at a loss here.. I hav been KoS'd a number of times b/c I can't type a response in direct chat fast enough and I'm assumed to be hostile.. lol

There is a setting in your options to change the volume of your microphone-output. Have you tried changing that?

Get to sound options in Windows and make sure that the correct device is set to default communications device. Arma and Dayz rely on what windows designates as the default device whereas TS and the like designate it themselves

There is a setting in your options to change the volume of your microphone-output. Have you tried changing that?

Microphone setting is all the way up

VON is turned down just a little bit (75% or so) so in-game doesn't drown out TS

Get to sound options in Windows and make sure that the correct device is set to default communications device. Arma and Dayz rely on what windows designates as the default device whereas TS and the like designate it themselves

As stated in OP, it is set to default. I have even set something else as default and then reset my mic as default to "reset" the settings.. didn't work.

Thanks for the fast replies!

Edited by BLFonsworth

Also to add, I have adjusted the Windows default settings with DayZ running and with DayZ not running

There should be no issue if it is your default Recording Device, perhaps there is a setting for selecting a Recording Device via the options in Arma 2?

Either this is the case or Arma 2 itself is downing the volume of your Microphone in-game.

Just to thicken the plot, it started working last night and idk why. I just decided to try one more time for sh*ts and giggles, keyed up and everyone in direct could hear me..

This is the first time it's worked in a month.. idk wtf happened but it's working now. Thanks for the replies!