Maug

Flare gun?

Kinda like the ones you use on a ship. You shoot it up in the air and it will keep hanging, lighting up a great area

I second this. A flare gun would not only look good and light up a vast area it would also signal friends to your location and also give it away to other players. It could create interesting situations. Maybe nearby zombies are attracted to it and start to shamble over but not actualy agroed.

A Flare gun would be very interesting, although it would have to be reasonably uncommon considering it's not something you would use every day. Would it use its own ammunition, or generic Road Flares/Chemlights?

A Flare gun would be very interesting' date=' although it would have to be reasonably uncommon considering it's not something you would use every day. Would it use its own ammunition, or generic Road Flares/Chemlights?

[/quote']

Well.. with common road flares as ammo, it might get spammed a bit.. Maybe it would be like a tool then you equip it like the flashlight? and it would use secondary ammo?

Can you maybe already do this with m240 flare on m16.

As i've understood, the m240 just shoot them further. What i'm talking about is they actually stay in the air, maybe falling down very slow, after 10-20 mins?

I've never heard of a flare hovering in the air for 10 minutes. If it were to happen I personally would hope to see it function in a much more realistic manner. It'd fall slower than other flares, but not hover.

I want to add. If you use Flare Fire - Zombie will be attracted with it. But if you use Flare rocket, thiy won`t.

Would be a great thing. There would also be a "less" chance to spot you when you shoot it, as you can shoot those flares from a more far distance than throwing flares.