SirApeX

Massive FPS Drop Never gotten Before (For Me)

Hello I'm ApeX I just logged onto my DayZ,And My FPS Drops to about 2 when I move But Fraps says it's at 40? and sometimes I hear Static every few seconds,I have a really good RIG Amd Raedon R9 270x I have tried turning down graphics,Setting my Video Memory to Auto (It changed to 512 by it self I had it on auto before.) i tried Googling it and found nothing so If Anyone could help me that' Be Appreicated 

(Sorry for my Spelling mistakes) P.S I had Standalone since the day it came out with no issues,I also had the mod a month after it came out and no issues,Not it's clearly not me pc...

Thanks for the help!

-ApeX

Standalone has had issues. I have had FPS drops too. I dunno what to say, theres nothing you can really do.

Have you done these on steam for your launch options?

Steam Launch Options :

•  -nosplash – removes the Bohemia Interactive splash page.
  • -noPause – gets you into the game faster.
  • -cpuCount=8 – set this to how many cores your CPU has.
  • -maxMem =8192 – set this to the total amount of RAM your system has, 2048 for 2GB,  4096 for 4GB, 8192 for 8GB.

Graphical Settings : 

This one is a bit obvious, but setting your game settings to ‘low’ is going to greatly improve performance. There are a few graphical features which have a much greater effect than others. Setting Ambient occlusion to low will greatly improve FPS but you will see a noticeable difference in the way that the lighting works. Object detail, terrain detail and shadow detail all have a significant effect on performance. Try playing with your settings while running FRAPS to find the best solution for you.

Edited by AsOiX

Standalone has had issues. I have had FPS drops too. I dunno what to say, theres nothing you can really do.

Steam Launch Options :

• -maxMem =8192 – set this to the total amount of RAM your system has, 2048 for 2GB,  4096 for 4GB, 8192 for 8GB.

Graphical Settings : 

This one is a bit obvious, but setting your game settings to ‘low’ is going to greatly improve performance. There are a few graphical features which have a much greater effect than others. Setting Ambient occlusion to low will greatly improve FPS but you will see a noticeable difference in the way that the lighting works. Object detail, terrain detail and shadow detail all have a significant effect on performance. Try playing with your settings while running FRAPS to find the best solution for you

Ok thanks! I'll give it a go!

Steam Launch Options :

Graphical Settings : 

This one is a bit obvious, but setting your game settings to ‘low’ is going to greatly improve performance. There are a few graphical features which have a much greater effect than others. Setting Ambient occlusion to low will greatly improve FPS but you will see a noticeable difference in the way that the lighting works. Object detail, terrain detail and shadow detail all have a significant effect on performance. Try playing with your settings while running FRAPS to find the best solution for you

Ok thanks! I'll give it a go!

It still don't work I'll try verifiy it.