Sign in to follow this  
knight210

Session Lost?

I've been getting "session lost" on medium-high population servers (13-40). I'll spawn into the server and a couple minutes later, session lost. Really annoying because I have to wait a long time to spawn. Haven't been able to play because of this. Plz Bump if you have this problem/any info

welcome to the club...

in January they have earned 19milion euro for an incomplete game... and NO ONE... NO ONE  answer for this problem that many players have ... 

• Like 1

Just started getting this today. No matter what server I join I get disconnected after a few minutes. Even while in the server I can't pick anything up or move gear in my inventory. Pretty much makes the game unplayable.
This started happening after I switched from experimental to stable, might be unrelated but just throwing it in.

Edited by shvke

Just started getting this today. No matter what server I join I get disconnected after a few minutes. Even while in the server I can't pick anything up or move gear in my inventory. Pretty much makes the game unplayable.

This started happening after I switched from experimental to stable, might be unrelated but just throwing it in.

I verified my game cache and now I can move items in my inventory but still getting disconnected after a few minutes. 

This is on stable.

welcome to the club...

in January they have earned 19milion euro for an incomplete game... and NO ONE... NO ONE  answer for this problem that many players have ... 

That happens when the admin shuts down the server (mostly for updating or restarting the server for loot/zombies to respawn)

That happens when the admin shuts down the server (mostly for updating or restarting the server for loot/zombies to respawn)

You're wrong. 

i get this issue a lot too. blocking people joining a server for 5 minutes is so utterly retarded.

hey guys, we value your feedback in alpha and thanks for paying $30, but we will now block you from playing lulz

Edited by neutralstalker
  • Like 1

same to me, i been having trouble since last week just a few minutes and bam!!! youre disconected, then  i tried desinstall it and install it again and the problem doesnt solve.

i cannot play, cant take nothing from the inventory, cant open doors; what a hell!!!

Edited by politros

This

I was playing today and there was global message that server will reset in 5 minutes, 5 minutes later... Session lost

welcome to the club...

It's in alpha and when you buy the game there's a warning that implies that you must not buy the game if you do not want a glitchy experience. Anyways I do wish there is more info on the issue, I'm sure lots of people are experiencing it right now; I still am. This has only happened to me after the recent patch. My internet is fine. 

This

I was playing today and there was global message that server will reset in 5 minutes, 5 minutes later... Session lost

It's not this, I am getting this error on almost every server I try to join that has more than 5 people. 

It's not this, I am getting this error on almost every server I try to join that has more than 5 people. 

Well I gave you a case example, we did not say it's the only thing that can cause it, there are problems with servers currently, so there might be some other issue here. But one of the POSSIBLE reasons for this is a server reset. 

For few days I was getting session lost on all gamingdeluxe servers, and massive desync/no interaction problems on others. It's fine for now but servers are definitely SNAFU for now. 

Edited by General Zod

Well I gave you a case example, we did not say it's the only thing that can cause it, there are problems with servers currently, so there might be some other issue here. But one of the POSSIBLE reasons for this is a server reset. 

For few days I was getting session lost on all gamingdeluxe servers, and massive desync/no interaction problems on others. It's fine for now but servers are definitely SNAFU for now. 

If you would read the thread you would've seen that it's not admins restarting the server, someone else has already suggested that.

I'm sure everyone understands admins can restart servers. That's not what is happening. It's NOT a server reset, admin kicking, or anything that someone is controlling.

This isn't something that happens occasionally, it's constant. No matter what server, time, population, or ping, we get disconnected within 5 minutes. The game is unplayable for people who have this issue.

When you get kicked you get kicked form server message, so it's not admin kicking either. Also servers restart on their own every 4 hours or less. 

And I also said that there must be some other problems, because it didn't happen before last patch, there is a thread saying that certain servers have problem connecting to the hive, which might have something to do with that. And since devs are MIA all we can do is hypothesize why this happens.

So stop being a bratty child, you know what you signed for when supporting early alpha project. If it bothers you so much wait until it's fixed, or keep trying until you find servers that work fine for you which is what I did. 

Edited by General Zod

When you get kicked you get kicked form server message, so it's not admin kicking either. Also servers restart on their own every 4 hours or less. 

Yep, that's exactly why I said that server restarts and kicks aren't the problem.

I also have this issue, disconnected from every single game with a "session lost" error after about 1 or 2 minutes, every single seerver, it used to be fine

either your internet connection is bad at the time, or the servers connection is bad. 

what ping are you getting from all servers? have you tried joining empty/lower than 5 people servers and not had the issue?

tried switching back to experimental?

also, complaining about a game the developers told you not to buy is dumb, constructive feedback will give you more results than complaining, have you tried bug tracker? you can send a log of what happened and they can tell you if its a bug, user fault, or server fault. 

either your internet connection is bad at the time, or the servers connection is bad. 

what ping are you getting from all servers? have you tried joining empty/lower than 5 people servers and not had the issue?

tried switching back to experimental?

also, complaining about a game the developers told you not to buy is dumb, constructive feedback will give you more results than complaining, have you tried bug tracker? you can send a log of what happened and they can tell you if its a bug, user fault, or server fault. 

Once again, it's not ping or connection problems, and population of servers don't matter. Experimental servers work fine, it's only stable.

Also one person in this thread complained, calm down. 

is your problem.... is your problem.. is your problem...

nice... 21 and 22 febrary i'had play at Dayz without problem.. now again: Session Lost...

is a Dayz problem.. no Steam or Pc...

Having session lost issues myself

Done EVERY fix you can find on this site ...... (None of them worked as i expected.. when do any non official forum fix's work..... ..... because to me those "Fix" suggestions are the equivalent of putting a leaf on your head to fix a flat tire on your car)

Anyway i do like to document any problem i come across to help the alpha along

the symptoms would be

I log in.. environment loads up...(I play with a friend so i can test more effectively) ... n e way he starts moving around the room... dropping items and such... opening and closing the door.. 

I see NONE of this..he  just stays in the postition he was when i loaded into the server.... 

If i move around... drop something.. switch my weapons.. open a door and close it..... NOTHING except crouching/standing/walking works from me.......i cant shoulder a weapon... i cant move items from my backpack or drop them.....but apparently I CAN... because my friend says "Dude you dropped beans.... and your gun... you just opened a door... now your crouching (this is all happening within normal times of me doing it... so its not "Lagging" in the traditional sense... because he sees my character drop an item when i drop it... only problem is.. I DONT SEE IT

again.. no containers (Med pak, ammo box, prot case) no dead body loot... numerous reinstalls and verifies ....... nothing worked....

Guess im probably waiting on next patch... which probably wont fix it either......

yes this IS an alpha... I understand that... a good portion of the players understand that

the dev's do not seem to... ...... they would rather go hike mount everest and take weeks off.......

most alphas are patched EVERY 4-6 days...... a week at most... because if a problem becomes wide-spread.. most testers = offline... which = less testing.. which = less feedback... which = longer dev times...

but i guess that = more time to hike and research hiking so they can add more hiking to their hiking game.. that has some zombies in it.... well.. thats also only if you can actually play too.... oh well... more problems = less players... less players = less complaints... less complaints = game is doing ok.... game is doing ok = more hiking time and weeks off

Everything makes sense now lolol