SmileyArg

Binoculars need to be implemented

watch dev blogs, follow twitter, use your brains, search etc.

binos are days/weeks away.

next patch iirc from dev blog 02/24/14

The mechanics for binoculars are already in the game (scopes) so it should be easy to stick something in for this. Hell, can I just duct tape the two LRS I have in my backpack together? :)

Now theres an Idea

The mechanics for binoculars are already in the game (scopes) so it should be easy to stick something in for this. Hell, can I just duct tape the two LRS I have in my backpack together? :)

If only the game had duct tape...

Want binoculars? Get a long range scope until they add binoculars to the game.

No shit, for real? Tell me something I/we don't know, long range scope It has another purpose and It's almost imposible to find it, binos would do it much better, we just have to wait to get them implemented.

binoculars_final.jpgAlready confirmed guys xD

:D

Want binoculars? Get a long range scope until they add binoculars to the game.

I can't find long range scopes for love nor money at the moment.

Would be nice to be able to put a LRS in the hands and use it without the weapon.

• Like 1

Why do we need binoculars when the player draw distance is like 200m

Why do we need binoculars when the player draw distance is like 200m

Because the player draw distance is 200m.  That and the fact there is always someone with a better comp/better gfx. Anyone with a 1440 monitor is going to have a draw distance 4-5 times that.  There are players out there who can spot someone from 1K or more without optics.  Binocs allow you too scout out an area from a good safe distance.

Would be nice to be able to put a LRS in the hands and use it without the weapon.

This just wouldn't work. A scope is designed to be held a few inches away from the eye and it would be almost impossible to hold it steady enough for it to function as a monocular as such.

This just wouldn't work. A scope is designed to be held a few inches away from the eye and it would be almost impossible to hold it steady enough for it to function as a monocular as such.

Ah ok, I see.

As from RL videos and movies it is possible and people do use them in let´s say desperate situations. If you can use it on a weapon, with a certain distance eye to scope, you can also use it without the weapon, keeping the same distance. Just saying... I would love to see this and the binoculars in the game, but I realize it is something not so important, I guess. So I´m totally fine with just binoculars, as long as the drop rate is "real" Let them spawn at the ship and airfields, but why would there be a binocular in a house which stands alone in the woods.

• Like 1

Rocket said about a week ago that they have the binoculars model ready but they haven't configured it yet.

watch dev blogs, follow twitter, use your brains, search etc.

binos are days/weeks away.

next patch iirc from dev blog 02/24/14

To re-iterate what both of these people have said, They have the model for the Bino's they are just configuring them expect to see them very soon.

• Like 1

If only the game had duct tape...

uhh.. I'll take it you've never done much looting then...

They are really important.  IF you play on hardcore servers binonocks are key for watching a area.

Binoculars to advantage players who are disadvantaged by using a weapon that cannot have a scope fitted to it. This gives them the ability to scout out a town before enterting it rather than relying only on their natural eye sight. Must have item going forward.

When you have scopes that can range out to 800m and the normal vision is 200m it seems natural that binoculars are added (and as we know they will be).  Only one that would dislike this are the snipers and honestly all it does it level the playing field at least some.

Please think again about the option of taking lrs in the hands. It could be more "shaky" for example. Looking into a lrs gives u a real postapocalyptic experience, thats what this game is about, right?

Please think again about the option of taking lrs in the hands. It could be more "shaky" for example. Looking into a lrs gives u a real postapocalyptic experience, thats what this game is about, right?

It's not just holding it still, if you have ever looked through a scope like this it's about the distance between your eye and the sight, you wouldn't ever be able to accurately look holding it up like this in your hand, add in the lack of stability and it would be impossible.  They could make it work like this, but it's completely unrealistic to how a LRS would work if you tried it for real.

So, now I know why I can't use the binoculars I found.  I can just hold them in front of me. 

They should be implemented -- I vote in favor of this.

You can use them  but only when standing still

Need to add animations for crouching etc

How?

Hold them up with spacebar, then right click. It helps if you zero your sight on the center of them before you right click though. 

• Like 1

Binoculars need to be implemented

What i read - Binoculars need to be impaled...

By the thread:

I would like to see different filters and parts for binoculars, so you could watch with them in the dark, or vs sun, or on different range, with metric ruller inside etc.

Yeah, binoculars are a little squirrelly.

Originally:

1. You must be standing.
  2. You had to hit space bar, this brings them up to your eyes.
  3. Then you right click, that puts your eyes to them and causes you to zoom.

In the past week or so though now you can simply right click (skipping the spacebar part) and they'll activate.

Some caveats I've found in the way they're currently implemented (these may be bugs, I dunno):

1. Won't work while crouching or lying down, you'll always look at the ground (for some reason). Must be standing up.
  2. You cannot move while using binoculars.

Hope that helps!