Sign in to follow this  
DayzForumer

What happens if you log out?

your character stays for 30 seconds

Mostly to prevent combat logging. Why do people even do that in the first place? I don't know.

On the staying for 30 seconds note, the character lowers his weapon and sits on the ground, then crouches and looks around like a derp. If you see someone do this, kill them immediately

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 4

your character stays for 30 seconds

Mostly to prevent combat logging. Why do people even do that in the first place? I don't know.

On the staying for 30 seconds note, the character lowers his weapon and sits on the ground, then crouches and looks around like a derp. If you see someone do this, kill them immediately

Thanks for giving me a heads up, now I know not to log out near people, or outside of a bush. :P

Edited by DayzForumer

You stay in a crouched position for 30 seconds, then you disappear. Ich you dont get killed in these 30seconds, you continue at that position the next time you login.

30 seconds!?  are you in the Experimental build?

I know for a fact in the Regular build you sit there for maybe 10-15 seconds no more than that.  In both HC & Regular.

• Like 1

Your character stands still for 30 secs,

Then he flies to the mothership controlled by dean

30 seconds!?  are you in the Experimental build?

I know for a fact in the Regular build you sit there for maybe 10-15 seconds no more than that.  In both HC & Regular.

I've seen the same, about ten seconds. Maybe the logout timer goes up to 30 seconds depending on how long you have played on se server? For example, 30 seconds for someone who has been playing for ten minutes, and 10 seconds for someone who stayed for over an hour? Just wondering.

Edited by akpe

tip: if your friend is logging out, and when he's body is still there in the game, don´t put handcuffs on him...

• Like 5

I'm not sure about this because whilst playing with friends I have seen characters disappear after what almost seem to be random time intervals. Sometimes they disappear almost immediately, others they have stayed for around 20 seconds and everything in between.

This past weekend my friend timed my body to disappear 15 seconds after i said.  "I logged off."

Your character goes through a process of sitting on the ground.  And then begins to look around.
Creeps people out cause your character may randomly just stare at them for a few seconds.
"Are you still there?  Why are you staring at me!?"
No i am at the Server Select Screen..

I can tell you one thing guys. Do not expect everybody to stay in the game for 30 secs after they log out. We had so many situations where people logged out instantly. This "problem" is not solved at all. Seems like it doesn't work properly. 8 of 10 times people disappear instantly after they log out.

I have seen people who Die disappear shortly after..  Combat Log after dead so body disappears..  That is defiantly still an issue.