Sign in to follow this  
zor_prime1

Can anyone tell me, how many shots it takes with each weapon?

I shot this guy last night, a very unfriendly man. I always call out before I go into kill mode. He didn't answer. But that's another story. So I shot this guy with the magnum, I unloaded it on him actually, and he finally went down. Was it lagging animation, or does it really tale 6 bullets to kill a person with the magnum? 

If some awesome player could tell me the amount of shots per weapon, even melee, I would be forever in their dept. Oh, I know head shots are usually one. Not sure if they are wearing a helmet, though. 

P.S.

The reason I ask, because he had a friend behind him. I didn't reload in time. If I would have known it was one shot, I would have been prepared. My own fault, I suppose, for not seeing him. 

Edited by zor_prime1

The Magnum definetely needs one shot to the chest to kill someone. 

If your victim was lucky, he is just unconscious, but one shot will stop him. 

• Like 1

It depends on a lot of different factors, including health and blood levels and what exactly a player is wearing.

It definitely takes more than one shot to take out a healthy player, especially with a pistol.  Every caliber has a different damage,

The specifics I am unsure of, but it definitely took a few shots from an m4 for me to take down a healthy player, you might actually be lucky you killed the first player at all, I have no idea...

EDIT: Maybe I'm an idiot, I haven't ever shot a player with a magnum but given the damage of the .45 and the m4 I assumed a healthy player wearing pristine chest clothing could take a shot to the chest without passing out...

Edited by TheLastEmp
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. There are a lot of variables. I've seen videos on people one-shotting with the magnum, but in the heat of the moment, he didn't look as though he was going down. Wish I could test this theory out on someone. Any volunteers? 

• Like 1

Standalone seems to take a lot more bullets to kill people. I've had to shoot people with the Mosin 4-5 times before they went down.

• Like 1

I just said it according to my experience. 

I could imagine, that it could take two shots.

But 6? I'm pretty sure it was a bug/lag etc.

If you've used hipfire, the Magnum can spread very, very random, if it's not really close range. 

There is not really an answer for this because it depends where you shoot them and if someone included that the list would go on for quite a while.

Last night I was rolling with a buddy clearing buildings and due to the low server population, closed doors and zombies all over the town I became rather complacent. So it was no surprise that I stumbled upon a player who lit me up at close range just spraying me with an m4. I believe 4-6 out of the 15-20 shots that were ricocheting off the cramped walls hit me and I was down - unconscious from a lack of blood, but not dead.

Luckily for me my buddy was with me maybe 50 meters away and took out the KOSer who didn't even bother to say anything the entire time.

I am currently rolling a combat medic so my buddy fished around in my pack for medical supplies to get my back from the brink of death. A bandage, two bags of saline and a zap from a defibrillator later I was conscious but unable to stand, my leg was shattered from the hail of 556. After a morphine stick and chugging down some water I took a survey of my gear. Ruined pants, ruined boots - not even a scratch on anything else.

I'm grateful the KOS couldn't aim for jack and just sprayed and prayed.

It seems you can riddle someones legs with 4-6 556 rounds at less than 10 meters and only break their leg, knock them unconscious and leave them bleeding, (which can be a death sentence without friends or kind strangers) but not do direct fatal damage.

I know for sure a single 762 to the face - not head (a pristine brain bucket can fully absorb one shot dealing no damage but ruining it in the process) is absolutely fatal. Usually 2-3 762 in the chest of a geared player will drop them dead.

I do know I have killed someone before with two rounds of 762 in the chest but the character went through a slow death animation. He was standing then slowly dropped to a knee as if he was crouching and then finally went prone. I thought he was just trying to duck into cover but he just stopped moving. It took maybe 2-4 seconds before he was prone and motionless from standing, so that may be what you encountered and in a panic just dumped the rest of the chamber into him.

Your best bet is to perform a failure to stop drill - two in the chest and one in the head. Regardless of gear it will put a player down, and if you missed the head shot at the end at least hes bleeding out and probably unconscious or already dead from the two in the chest.

• Like 1

AWESOME GUYS! This is so helpful! Im going to go about it like this:

Magnum - 2 shot kill to the chest.

Mosen - 3 shot kill to the chest. 

M4 - 4 shot kill to the chest. 

Fire axe - 2 shots to the chest. 

This seems fine to me so far. I'll have to find some bandits and test it out. 

Mosin is one shot kills from my experience.  I one-shot people with the fire axe also. 

A little list from me:

Mosin from 700m doesn't kill right away. Shot one guy to the leg, he survived, another shot to the chest, survived for about 2 seconds untill collapsing (can't say if he died).

Mosin again: shooting in the leg from 2 meters didn't break it (I suppose it's random) and didn't kill.

I also tried shooting a friend through wooden fence. I aimed for his chest, yet somehow he got broken leg, lost little blood / health (less than 50% I think).

Friend got shot with SKS in the back 2 - 3 times, collapsed, but didn't die (managed to wake after about 10 minutes).

Tests conducted on myself: shooting SKS in the leg from 2 meters broke it, I was left with about 20 - 30% of health. Shooting in the chest killed me instantly, no matter if I had any shirt / vest on.

Magnum kills in one shot to the chest from about 10 - 20 meters (confirmed two kills).

I was shot with B95 from 5 meters to the leg, survived with about 50% health.

Took about 5 - 6 shots with M4 from 5 - 10 meters to render me uncounscious while having press vest.

Hope it helps ; )

A little list from me:

Mosin from 700m doesn't kill right away. Shot one guy to the leg, he survived, another shot to the chest, survived for about 2 seconds untill collapsing (can't say if he died).

Mosin again: shooting in the leg from 2 meters didn't break it (I suppose it's random) and didn't kill.

I also tried shooting a friend through wooden fence. I aimed for his chest, yet somehow he got broken leg, lost little blood / health (less than 50% I think).

Friend got shot with SKS in the back 2 - 3 times, collapsed, but didn't die (managed to wake after about 10 minutes).

Tests conducted on myself: shooting SKS in the leg from 2 meters broke it, I was left with about 20 - 30% of health. Shooting in the chest killed me instantly, no matter if I had any shirt / vest on.

Magnum kills in one shot to the chest from about 10 - 20 meters (confirmed two kills).

I was shot with B95 from 5 meters to the leg, survived with about 50% health.

Took about 5 - 6 shots with M4 from 5 - 10 meters to render me uncounscious while having press vest.

Hope it helps ; )

Oh, this is amazing. Just what the doctor ordered! BTW, are you really Zoe. If so, I love you.

Takes 2 shots for me, I have killed at least 4 players with the magnum, all 2 shots each.

This is all based on my experience, i once killed a guy with a magnum 1 on the chest and one on the head at the 2 storey military buildng, i was at the top of the stairs and he was crouched at the bottom.

I shot a guy with an sks 40-50 meters away at the back on his back pack, 3 shots, he ran away like nothing happened. Then i got shot several times, (not healthy, i was energized and hydrated only) i took atleast 4 shots, my screen was grey, helmet, vest, shirt and pants ruined, but not bleeding, then i think the wind blew a bit too strong and killed me. Lol. Then shot a guy on the chest about 50 m away, two shots, sks, killed him. Slow animation though.

I ran towards a guy with an m4, fully healthy took atleast three shots, bleeding, grey screen, ruinded vest, shirt and pants but alive. My shooter took pity on me then patched me up. So im guessing 4 shots to kill a fully healthy geared player.

I took a axe shots, one to the head and chest, i was unconscious for less than 1 minute, woke up bleeding and grey screen, ruined helmet and vest....

Almost all my exp is upclose tho... I like to talk to people first and see if theyre friendly