Sign in to follow this  
Cypresss

Medical Minigames & More

Dear Developers!

It would be nice, if you try to make medical supply more complex. I have some suggestions to do so:

1. It should be possible to drag unconcious and dead bodys behind shelter/into houses.

2. It should be possible to reanimate dead bodys with the defibrilator under several conditions (there should be medication for unconcious and dead body seperately)
3. It should take more time to bandage a shot person. There are several ways to do this:

First of all you could increase the time for bandaging people.

Bullets should have to be removed before bandaging, if they didn't go trough. (You should add tools for doing this)

And PLEASE think about adding medical MINIGAMES! For example:

If your mate got shot in the shoulder, you can see a shoulder wound. Now, if you want to help, a minigame starts. The minigame should afford dexterousness So first of all, you should have to take out the bullet (if it didn't go through). Then you should have to sew your patient and disinfect his wounds. After all you should have to apply a bandage.

This minigame should last several minutes, depending on how fast a player can accomplish it. Therefore there should be effects to the wounded player after the minigame. (For example, you may have forgot/do not own any desinfection ,the patient should get an infection. Or if you didn't sew the wound, he loses more blood... And there should be an effect for leaving a bullet in the body. So the better you care about your patient, the better does he feel after it.

4. There should be much more different medication and different diseases with specific symptoms.

Anyway the medical system should be improved and much more challenging. Skill and expierience should be factor to helping people. so there should be a BIG difference between an experienced player or a noob helping you.

5. I have some other suggestions too:
Please add a chemistry system for constructing bombs, medical stuff, gas grenades and so on...

6. You could make this game THAT comlex, so that REAL LIFE KNOWLEDGE could help you out trough the game. For example: A real life doctor could have an advantage in supporting people. A real life engineer could have an advantage by constructing vehicles/mashines. A chemist could mix substances to produce whatever needed. This would make your virtual life more valueable and work against KOS too!

And you should implement MINIGAMES for doing this, what would be a nice idea to make actions need some time to be accomplished.

Thanks for reading,

Cypresss

A medical minigame sounds like a perfect way to get yourself shot.

While you're busy playing this, someone else pops you and your mate in the head.

Na. That won't work.

I like idea 5 though :-)

6. no. It's a game.

nope, implemented...well this is a game so why put a game in a game....nope....nope...NOPE.

Dragging a screwdriver over to remove a bullet would be ok, I like the bullet in wound concept, it would be ok if it happened randomly and took a bit longer to patch up that way, i'm also all for getting an infection if bullet not removed. I stop playing most games that have stupid minigames and quick time button pressing lameness after an hour. Please keep these kind of things out of dayz! Number 6 sounds like your leaning toward fps style classes, not appropriate in this game and that kind of realism would strip some fun out of the game.  Also how do we know a person is a real doctor? should the dayz server contact the medical board when he registers? I am all for your chemistry idea though, chlorine bombs ftw!

my thougts right now:

dragging an unconscious/dead body in a house, and testing things on him is being called "medical" minigame.

"a nice idea to make actions need some time to be accomplished."

Just make the animations last longer.

There should be more than enough core game to avoid needing mini games to encourage rp.

Players will specialize more once groups get bigger.

Just gonna copypaste my thoughts on dragging bodies from Steam..

"I love to drag unconscious players and friends who have broken their legs. Just in case you don't have the required supplies at hand to tend to those problems or you are in middle of a firefight. Obviously dragging would take up both of your hands, denying item usage. A dragged player with broken legs would have his hands free, and the pace of moving would still be faster than crawling. You would obviously also have to move backwards while you are dragging a person.

I don't see why this feature wouldn't be extended to bodies too if <hide body> was disabled."