Sign in to follow this  
KFieLd

My biggest fail so far in SA

Well, after about 6 hours of playing in higher pop servers, I logged on this morning to my usual server(one of the NJ ones 2-* something. Can't remember the last number, and this is why I cry. So I logged on, and there wasn't anyone on, it's 6:30 am my time in NY so i figure, why not head to the NWAF and hit the camo buildings and the barracks. So, after acquiring an all pristine M4, and a camo painted Mosin with pristin PU scope, bipod, compensator, etc..plus a hunters backpack I've been longing to get which I finally did end up finding...  all is going well. Was stocked with ammo, ammo box, protector box(pristine) (At this point, the worst piece of my inventory in total was worn grade. So, after checking the ATC tower, I decided I was going to head over to the northern barracks and then into the newly added military zone just beyond that. Sadly I didn't make it that far, as I totally derped and glitched through the side of the building and fell to my death. Now, in the mod, I probably would of been bleeding, and with a broken leg obviously, but even with a healthy state, I was insta dead. So I thought ok, I'll hoof it back and get my gear no problem. No ones on the server yet anyway. Well, then I goto my favorites, and the server I last visited was NOT there! And the only reason I had to disconnect and check the fav/server browser was because everytime I tried to respawn at the coast, it would hang and say "Testing, testing"... forcing me into another server as my character would not load. So much gear. Someone will be very happy when they log on that server in a couple hours to find some of the best clothes, both the best weapons in pristine(my M4 even had some Magpul stuff on it(no sight yet though), hunter BP, I was all decked out in green/ttkso or whatever clothes( I will say I'm not a bandit. I do however shoot people who are clearly up to no good, and if I see another player shooting at someone else, like a sniper shooting at someone trying to make their rounds, I will not hesitate to kill em. I guess a vigilante is more my play style. If you're not a threat to me realistically, I usually say Hi, and say as long as they don't try to follow me I won't be forced to fire(and even then I'll only break their legs, then bandage them and walk away.

Anyway, was so pissed. I know it's a huge saying that you shouldn't get attached to your gear, but it was the most I had acquired in SA so far, you couldn't really get more decked out. Oh well, lesson learned. Thought I would share.

What's your biggest fails?

:)

My biggest fail was taking my beloved, fully geared hardcore character on to the ship at rify. Insta derp of the stairs and into oblivion lol.

• Like 1

Let's do this 4chan style..

> Fully geared up North of Svetlo,

> rejoin the server at night, no problem I have a torch,

> turn on the torch and see trees in front of

> see town in the distance.

> start walking.

> Didn't realise I had logged out at the top of a cliff and the trees the torch picked up were on the other side a small gulley. Fall to me death.

> FML.

• Like 1

Well now I don't feel so bad hahahah but man what a pain in the ass. 

My biggest fail was taking my beloved, fully geared hardcore character on to the ship at rify. Insta derp of the stairs and into oblivion lol.

Did the exact same thing. Sucks, doesn't it?

Fully geared up, after getting a wopper of an sks kill at the NEA.

now I have mosin painted, pristine, long range scope, my M4 and an SKS with PU. Tough choices!

So i take the mosin and the SKS for fun, no need for an m4 without optics.

64 person exp server, fully loaded.

so i think to myself, hey what a mighty tall electrical tower that over looks the NEA...this could be fun!

make it to the top, set myself up, get all organized with bipod and a drink...and then i fall of to my death without getting a single round off! SHIT

serves me right for trying to camp/snipe the airfield i suppose.

haha

• Like 1