Sign in to follow this  
joblair

Gear safe house/storage?

So you've been trudging in chernarus for a while now. you found some nice gear, and an M4 with some ammo. You feel pretty good. but you ran into a group of bandits. you try hiding but they notice you. to cut it short, your dead...and your gear is gone forever....

WHAT IF there was a function, that allowed you to store any valuable gear, or special gear, or back-up gear, in the middle of the forest, or somewhere only you'll remember. you re -spawn, you find your stash, and you're back on your feet.

Failure to hide your stash would result in theft though. so maybe make it possible to create a trap for it? this probably wouldn't be implemented right away, but it would be a nice twist.

if i was walking along a path, with a little food, and no weapons, found a hidden box, opened it and found either

A. everything your heart desires 

or 

B. an angry rattlesnake...

it's a 50 50 shot, at everything, or death/near death...

Tents already exist in the Mod, and i assume they will be here eventually. You described it already yourself...if someone finds your tent then they will most likely steal the gear inside, or destroy the tent so you can no longer have anything inside it.

as for the ''traps'' i do not believe they exist but they might put them in if enough of the community wants them.

Edited by Blades421

Persistent storage is in the works. 

Read some of the upcoming features threads.

• Like 1

Tents should be here soon, someone motioned it the other night that tents are being worked on as we speak.

I say barricade a house and throw stuff in cabinents where its hidden but obvious and wont despawn