Sign in to follow this  
beadyroller

FPS Lag Spikes.

Hi,

For as long as I remember I have been getting these lag spikes and FPS drops on DayZ/Arma. It happened on the mod and occurs on the Standalone as well.

I have a 7970 GPU and an i5 CPU with 8GB of RAM so my PC is more than capable of handling it easily. 

The problem is I will get a steady 60 FPS but every minute or so I get this little stutter/lag spike which drops the FPS to about 40 and causes a stutter for a split second, it's very very annoying, I have tried everything but can't seem to get rid of it.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks a lot.

Running the game from an SSD provides faster loading for the textures which may or may not eliminate the issue you're having.

I'm running the game from one and not experiencing any stutter but there are noticebale frame drops when looking in certain directions (mainly built up areas).

FPS drops are there because this is an early alpha, there is virtually no optimization also there is currently a memory leak in towns which kills your FPS it's being worked on. It was supposedly fixed but it wasn't

SSDs don't boost your FPS, all they do is cause game to start faster. 

Edited by General Zod