Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Loot temples (irradiated zones)

The game should have loot temples.

Now what is a loot temple? A place that has amazing super-loot but is environmentally so hostile you need a lot of gear to get in.

For example:

Radioactive zones

Places that are so irradiated you need a radiation protection suit to access it. It would provde high end loot areas that are closed off to less geared players

Sooooooo you want better geared players / hoppers to get even better gear?!

And on top of that you then would like to operate with irradiated / contaminated gear?

That does not sound safe at all.

Let the rich be richer, it would coincide with how the world works anyways....... How about a more random location on the map. something similar to random chopper/plane/ships wrecks.This allowing EVEYONE to have a shot at looting something other than the asshats who leap worlds to the same military spawns to gear up and shoot anything that moves....

The game should have loot temples.

Now what is a loot temple? A place that has amazing super-loot but is environmentally so hostile you need a lot of gear to get in.

For example:

Radioactive zones

Places that are so irradiated you need a radiation protection suit to access it. It would provde high end loot areas that are closed off to less geared players

This doesn't make any sense, loot from an irradiated zone would be... irradiated.

This is not WoW.

It's about surviving and not about getting better and better gear.

The idea is, that a freshly spawned player shoud not have a significant disadvantage compared to a player that already survived for 200 days. "Loot temples", "endgame stuff", "highlevel dungeons", those things do not belong into DayZ...

The idea is, that a freshly spawned player shoud not have a significant disadvantage compared to a player that already survived for 200 days. "Loot temples", "endgame stuff", "highlevel dungeons", those things do not belong into DayZ...

Plus.... the stuff would be irradiated....

Nothing stops a new player from running there too. I mean you can run to balota right after spawn, no one is stopping you. Besides, DAYZ is for all purposes an MMO and operates on the same things that make other mmos fun: Gathering better loot.

And to make you angry even more I will go into more detail:

Houses with loot = loot drops, loot chests

Airfield = endgame content

You silly dayz snobs, always assuming you are bohemian wine tasting artists because you play a game where you have to press a key to manually reload a gun. We are not so different from a WOW player

Except it was mentioned multiple times, that the Loot-positions will change a lot.

Airfield will not be "endgame" location any longer.

I'm playing WoW myself and I think it's a great game. I'm just saying it's a completly different concept. 

---

Radioactive zone:

1. There is good gear. Then only good players can get in an will aquire even better gear. Bad for balance.
  2. There is no good gear. Then why would somebody go in there? Useless.

edit: Oh, and obviously you haven't even understood DayZ, Did you ever play the mod? It's sure as hell not about getting better loot, you can find top loot within 2 hours. It's about surviving as long as possible.

Edited by DerDuderich

you know there is not just random radiation in Russia?

This is not WoW.

It's about surviving and not about getting better and better gear.

You say it's not about getting better and better gear yet this is what DayZ is about right now. "Surviving" is just going to a random house and picking up pipsi and beans and avoiding other players, people don't care about their lives, they care about their gear.

Nothing stops a new player from running there too. I mean you can run to balota right after spawn, no one is stopping you. Besides, DAYZ is for all purposes an MMO and operates on the same things that make other mmos fun: Gathering better loot.

And to make you angry even more I will go into more detail:

Houses with loot = loot drops, loot chests

Airfield = endgame content

You silly dayz snobs, always assuming you are bohemian wine tasting artists because you play a game where you have to press a key to manually reload a gun. We are not so different from a WOW player

Who is being a snob?

Someone wanted an irradiated zone with a loot temple.

Others disagreed. The zone is irradiated, any loot would be useless anyway.

That makes him/her/them/us (a) snob(s)?

You say it's not about getting better and better gear yet this is what DayZ is about right now. "Surviving" is just going to a random house and picking up pipsi and beans and avoiding other players, people don't care about their lives, they care about their gear.

Yes, this is what dayz is about right now as you said. This in no way reflects the future of the game...... I hope. In turn it should mean that the focus will shift much more to survival aspects. In a real life crisis scenario no worldly possession should be worth more to you than your own life, and the future of dayz will hopefully instill that notion in game.

Edited by Dethsupport

I don't really like the idea but as for the stuff being irradiated, use some imagination! Couldn't they include a radiation decontamination foam or something. It may be an ok idea if the radiation suit was very rare and spawned randomly, making it a sort of "holy grail" type item you would always aspire to find. I have to also say that if there were an irradiated zone (being in russia) it should be an abandon nuclear plant. Just my $0.02 worth.

Can we quit the radiation ideas? The game is not in a fallout setting.

I don't really like the idea but as for the stuff being irradiated, use some imagination! Couldn't they include a radiation decontamination foam or something. It may be an ok idea if the radiation suit was very rare and spawned randomly, making it a sort of "holy grail" type item you would always aspire to find. I have to also say that if there were an irradiated zone (being in russia) it should be an abandon nuclear plant. Just my $0.02 worth.

We are dealing with the infected, not ghouls and mutants.

I would like to have "supernatural" or alien stuff in dayz. stalker has it too.