Rivals.Joho

I bought SSD disk as Dean rocket recommended, but

Hi All,

I bought very fast 128GB SSD disk as I saw recommendation from Dean rocket.

Instaled Steam and Dayz right there but performance didnt incerease at all. Not a signle FPS. Now Im between 15-25 FPS

I play on 1920*1080, Intel Core i7, 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo), Ge force 650M 2GB, 8GB RAM, 

Does anyone know where is the catch? 

Many thanks and regards, Joho  :)

This would be due to your playing on a laptop. 

SSD will reduce frame stuttering on a decent gaming PC.

Which you don't have.

As long as you're not running your OS and DayZ on the same drive, you'll be fine. No stuttering with two mechanical drives.

Yup.

Unless you want a machine that will provide you with the unique ability to play games and make toast/heat a small room at the same time.

I use mine to fry my beans so my wife can't trick me into having another kid.

• Like 1

Waste of money. But hey reinstall your OS to that SSD. That way your OS boots faster.

it loads in upto 5 times faster than a normal hd such a waste .

Make sure you have plugged into a Sata3 socket and have ATAPI activated.

There are some constructor programs out there to help with performance.

I have Samsung Magician 4.3 (deactivated) and Intel's Rapid Storage Tech driver (activated).

useful read :

http://www.overclock.net/t/754763/as-ssd-benchmark-thread

Links at bottom of page.

FPS improve slightly, in-game performance more so.

Hi, I wasn't able to find any info about setting/activating ATAPI. Any help? 

Anyway Im also using SSD card 64GB as data bus (Intel Rapid Storage Technology)

SSd disk I have is 

Corsair Force GS - 128GB  http://www.corsair.com/en/force-series-gs-128gb-sata-3-6gbs-solid-state-hard-drive.html

Thank for stopping by, and your help. 

They mean AHCI not ATAPI :-). Thats something different and kind of old :-) Easiest way to check if AHCI is on i to open command line (click start- type cmd and enter) then type this       fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

and hit enter. If it will say 0 then its on.

Be sure to install your system on SSD also if you havent already, i will not give you any fps, but loading and system response are just phenomenal. SSD compares to HDD like  i7 to 486. Biggest leap in computers ever in my opinion.

• Like 1

He's on a laptop. That might explain it. (;

Im on a Laptop, and i dont have any issues with it.

• Like 1

To the man on a laptop.

Check your power settings. I had mine on Power Saver and game played terrible. Changed to High Performance. Big improvement.

• Like 1

Hurr. I get 40 max when I look at the sky. Out in the middle of a field is 25 and in a forest/a town is ~10. Cherno/Electro is mostly just a stop motion montage of me dying. :lol:

Actually, I lied... In the open I get about 48/63 and in city I get about 28/35.  

When I zoom in, I'm at like 70/85 and wow I wish the game ran like that all the time :(

Hi All,

Instaled Steam and Dayz right there but performance didnt incerease at all. Not a signle FPS. Now Im between 15-25 FPS

I play on 1920*1080, Intel Core i7, 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo), Ge force 650M 2GB, 8GB RAM, 

OMG i got the same pc as you. and thank you for your post, because i was thinking about buying a ssd , but now i know that its the same thing. Thank you.

I just cant believe it, let me guess you got an ASUS N56V (and you take off the 2 gb ram, and put a 4 gb ram, just like me).

After this i just want to play with you

no guarantee if the system is poorly maintained 

qft for a lot of gamers.

Hi All,

You bought something like that on request? A $70-90 piece of hardware to make a $30 alpha run a little faster? Why do people buy computer parts for games?

Hurr. I get 40 max when I look at the sky. Out in the middle of a field is 25 and in a forest/a town is ~10. Cherno/Electro is mostly just a stop motion montage of me dying. :lol:

A lot of people say that, I've never had the problem. My specs aren't much better than anyone else's, I have an SSD as well. I think certain graphics card/driver iteration combinations have the problem.

Seems also likely it may be a power settings issue, if your graphics settings are not to crazy. However I can only just run this game reasonably at max settings, with low anti aliaing or downscaleing at 1600x900. The biggest fps issue you will have with this game is it is simply not yet finished. No amount of hardware is going to help that.

A lot of people say that, I've never had the problem. My specs aren't much better than anyone else's, I have an SSD as well. I think certain graphics card/driver iteration combinations have the problem.

I've heard here and there that the RV engine is really processor heavy. It doesn't really matter if your graphics card or i/o speed is good, it matters most if your CPU is solid.

I've heard here and there that the RV engine is really processor heavy. It doesn't really matter if your graphics card or i/o speed is good, it matters most if your CPU is solid.

Do you even read threads you post in? First post, he has an Intel Core i7, 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo). 

Do you even read threads you post in? First post, he has an Intel Core i7, 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo). 

I don't see anything showing that I responded to OP. I responded to this:

which doesn't mention a CPU at all. If I was responding to Rivals.Joho I'd have quoted him.

Please stop stalking me, the last 4 things I've been quoted for have been by you.

I don't see anything showing that I responded to OP. I responded to this:

which doesn't mention a CPU at all. If I was responding to Rivals.Joho I'd have quoted him.

Please stop stalking me, the last 4 things I've been quoted for have been by you.

I apologize for misreading and eating my own critique. 

I am not stalking you we are simply visiting the same topics. And I happen to disagree with the justifications you are finding in many of your opinions.

Im on a Laptop, and i dont have any issues with it.

Ya I always get a chuckle in these type of threads. I have a three year old custom built Malibal system and it runs this game fairly well indeed.

I have also understood that this game doesnt utilize multible cores well, so it doesnt really matter if its good quad or 150 cores..
Even fast dualcores may perform as good as any, one could think.

I imagine my specs are significantly worse than the average gamer's on account of me having a properly old rig. It's running;

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3Ghz (dual core)

4GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM

1GB Gainward (nVidia) 8600 GT

Windows Vista 32 bit

It's in dire need of an upgrade. My intention short-term is to sling an SSD into it with Win7 64-bit installed and put some more RAM in. That should help until such time as I'm in a position to buy a new rig (I'm getting married in three months or something so I have exactly fuck all money to spend right now).