JackPearce95

no entry.profile.path.default.

so i launch steam and launch combined operations and this message pops up "no entry.profile.path.default." i manually download all the files for dayz, and the beta works fine but i get that message every time i launch CO, my computer is also good enough to run it if that might be anything to do with it? just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction? thanks

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED: Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?: 93965

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file: Steam

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

"no entry.profile.path.default."

*Your PC specs: 8gb ram, 2 TB HD, Dell Studio XPS8100, Upgraded graphics (cant remember off top of my head but its really good)

*Your Operating System: Windows 7 x86

Edited by JackPearce95

take it no one knows so il delete this........

Edited by JackPearce95
  • Like 1

Hi,

Please provide some additional information.

http://dayzmod.com/f...aking-a-thread/

I have the same problem , but I'll give you my information.

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Retail

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

v1.7.2 Beta 94444

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

Six Updater

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7049/wrongp.png

*Your PC specs:

Amd Athlon ™ II x4 640 Processor 3.52Ghz (Overclocked)

12gb Ram

Nvidia Geforce Gts 450

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Updated the main post....... dont know if this helps but i get my profile folder in my documents?, i have deleted it many times before but it comes back after i play. the folder name is "%zZJackZz%" or something very similar.. (player name is zZJackZz) for anyone confused about that aha.

I have same issue. Setup dayz on second PC to test 1.7.2 on primary. But have the error below:

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED: Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?: 94700

*Which method are you using to launch the game? dayzbeta.cmd batch on desktop

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? "no entry.profile.path.default."

*Your PC specs: 16gb ram, 1TB HD, i7, NVIDIA GeForce 450

Any help is appreciated...

post-49223-0-29810300-1342116829_thumb.g

Edited by Lok0

Yup, working fine on my laptop, but I can't play on my gaming rig.. :/

My Steam install is on D: if that makes any difference, other than that I'm running Steam version, 1.7.2.3 and beta 94876

My rig is more than adequate to play, quad core, 8gb ram, 1gbddr5 gpu etc.. I know it worked at 1.7.0, only having the problem after the update.

Edit: I should also mention that I am doing this on an offline pc. I'm transferring files from my working build, installed on my laptop. To my desktop pc via network. I can only use my phone's wifi hotspot for Internet when I'm at home, at the moment I am playing on my laptop when I am at my gf's place. It is too costly to download files via my hotspot, so anything I need to download must be acquired at my gf's on my laptop, and then transferred over to my pc when I get home.

Edited by Cyanyde

Still having this issue even if i update?! shall i reinstall everything when i next die and give a total wipe and restart?

I solved this on my home pc, here's what I did.

First of all, I copied all of my dayz and beta files from my lapyop where it was working, to my computer at home, which isn't on the internet.

It was giving me the profile message, so I figured it was a path issue.

Here's the thing: My steam folder is on my C: on my laptop, on my home pc it's on d:

I checked the paths in all my files and in the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" in the Operation Arrowhead folder, the paths were still setup for my laptop.

I changed it to match my paths on the desktop and it worked!

I don't know if it's the same for you guys, but check the target and "start in" fields in that shortcut, if it is wrong fix it.

I hope this helps someone. :)

I solved this on my home pc, here's what I did.

First of all, I copied all of my dayz and beta files from my lapyop where it was working, to my computer at home, which isn't on the internet.

It was giving me the profile message, so I figured it was a path issue.

Here's the thing: My steam folder is on my C: on my laptop, on my home pc it's on d:

I checked the paths in all my files and in the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" in the Operation Arrowhead folder, the paths were still setup for my laptop.

I changed it to match my paths on the desktop and it worked!

I don't know if it's the same for you guys, but check the target and "start in" fields in that shortcut, if it is wrong fix it.

I hope this helps someone. :)

Thanks for the reply but im afraid i don't know a lot about looking for the paths, could you show me? for example "go to steam, common, arma 2 ..... change this an that..." thanks in advance

Ok so go to your steam/steamapps/common/arma2 operation arrowhead/ folder and find the shortcut that says: "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

Right-click it and select properties.

look at the fields that say "Target:" and "Start In:"

Make sure they match what it says up in the address bar in the file explorer. for example: "c:/steam/steamapps/common/arma2 operation arrowhead/"

Pay attention the the drive that is in the shortcut, my problem was that I copied the shortcut from my d: when the new copy was on my c:

I hope this is more clear. :)

Using the beta and same issue! After this error, I also get the pixelshader error! Just did a complete wipe and reinstalling for a fresh start!

I can't use sixupdater because when I try to join a server and install it's files, it gets stuck on verifying beta files or something...

Ok this is much better thank you Cyanyde. This is what shows up in the properties of "launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

Target - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Start In - "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

this is exactly what it says as i have copy and pasted it. Do i need to change anything or is it correct? My steam launch options are as follows.

Steam launch Options - -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -nosplash

Ok this is much better thank you Cyanyde. This is what shows up in the properties of "launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

Target - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Start In - "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

this is exactly what it says as i have copy and pasted it. Do i need to change anything or is it correct? My steam launch options are as follows.

Steam launch Options - -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -nosplash

What drive is your arma 2 install located on?

If it is in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead as listed in the shortcut, it's correct, if not, you need to replace what is there with the proper path.

I can't tell you if it's correct without access to your machine, you have to check it yourself.

If it's already correct then you have a different problem, but it's most likely related in some way.

Ok this is correct and it is a different problem. I am going to totally reinstall everything tomorrow and then it will work again. just means il loose my m16 an some other gear :/ oh well i like gearing up its interesting. Anyway thankyou with all the help, i am glad someone tried to help me at least after all these bumps an all aha.