oxymoron (DayZ)

the zombie thing

i dont get it why you would like to have ''(roaming) zombie hordes'' in this game, like in the walking dead(which is a shit tv series anyways).

increasing the amount of zombies that much is beyond stupid imo. zombies right now are kind of annoying but zombie hordes will be nothing but annoying, since they practically delete / make a whole part from the map impassable unless you want to run into them and play hack n slay with your friends because they are so weak and no, that does not require any kind of teamplay or great organization. to increase the number of zombies will not change the fact that you can fight 10+ of them easily alone because they do no dmg, are slow and they are onehit-able. i dont even need to keep attention to swing my axe and run in circles because they are no threat. the only reason why i would avoid a great amount of zombies is/would be the annoying sounds they make, which are giving me nightmares.

zombies now are boring and bad and even more zombies will not change that

tbh i want to have the amount of zombies increased but not into oblivion or have a village filled with 100 zombies. i want them to be more threatening wich will be better for the game than just an increased amount.

zombies should have more life, do more dmg, be as fast as you and overall more dangerous, this will affect and imporve so much things in the game.

think of kos-ing, spawnkillers etc. if you shoot a gun, you make every zombie in range run into your direction, but this time you cant just farm them or just leg it because they are tougher and stronger. this time you have to engage them and you will be risking your life because you can not onehit them, and you can not tank a bunch of zombies and get away with a minor bleeding. you will think twice if you shoot your gun in a city/ in range to zombies, and you may want to interact ( in a bandit or honorful way ) with a player instead of just giving them a bullet to their head.

once zombies drop loot i think of being rewarded for killing zombies or taking the risk. you always have to put some effort in something to get a reward, clicking your left mouse button once, like you do now, with weak, shitty zombies, is not really challenging and does not deserve a reward. simple.

well, if you spawn now, you just sprint from house to house until you find food or an axe, or not, and keep on running into the next big city. there is no need to walk into the forrest to hide from zombies or have any kind of cover. you do not need to team up to fight zombies, you can just run past them. with better zombies you have to take more care, like you should if you are newspawn, avoid them and head into the woods until you have somewhat of gear to get into the 'end game content' eg nice weapons, supplies etc.

once you want to have these things you will need 1 or 2 more players to handle the better zombies or just risk it / be very careful if you run into the high value areas to get high tier loot. this requires way more teamplay than fighting 20 zombies at once

i could possibly think of more but dont get me wrong i dont want to have a superzombie who bashes everything, make them any kind of overpowered, or make them be the greatest danger in this game, which should always be the human player. but they have to play their part and to increase their amount blindly will be anything but good for this game

Edited by oxymoron
  • Like 2

(which is a shit tv series anyways).

I only read this and now I hate you.

From that single statement I know there's nothing constructive in your thread at all. Simply because you start of with hating on something with almost no relevance to the thread.

• Like 11

From that single statement I know there nothing constructive in your post at all. Simply becuase you start of with hating on something with almost no relevance to the thread.

From that single statement I know there's nothing constructive in your thread at all. Simply because you start of with hating on something with almost no relevance to the thread.

Nah that part is true, first series was great, 2nd started to slide, 3rd was a joke and 4th, ain't even bothered to watch.  

Plus he will always be Simon from Teachers, to me...

I'm was going to go with TL:DR but thought for the sake of a proper response I should read the whole thing, I should have stuck with TL:DR because the post was what my suspicions where and you owe my 3 minutes of my life back cos the post is sloppy and hard to read.

Zombies are a work in progress, right now they are glitchy and present little threat unless there is 2+ and you are completely unarmed.  The idea behind roaming hordes is to make it feel that no-where is safe, that you must use your wits and awareness to survive as opposed to running YOLO everywhere.

I understand the gist of your post but your criticizing something that is far from finished.  Imagine if you're in a car factory for a moment with me and you see an engine roll off the line, it has nothing attached to it there is no chassis or anything else of that nature and you say "that's a shitty car", this is exactly what your doing right now.

• Like 6

I'm was going to go with TL:DR but thought for the sake of a proper response I should read the whole thing, I should have stuck with TL:DR because the post was what my suspicions where and you owe my 3 minutes of my life back cos the post is sloppy and hard to read.

Zombies are a work in progress, right now they are glitchy and present little threat unless there is 2+ and you are completely unarmed.  The idea behind roaming hordes is to make it feel that no-where is safe, that you must use your wits and awareness to survive as opposed to running YOLO everywhere.

I understand the gist of your post but your criticizing something that is far from finished.  Imagine if you're in a car factory for a moment with me and you see an engine roll off the line, it has nothing attached to it there is no chassis or anything else of that nature and you say "that's a shitty car", this is exactly what your doing right now.

im non native speaker so exucse my expression.

well, if you say we should not talk about things that are not finished we could shut down the forum

i know that zombies are bugged and stuff but i keep on reading about these hordes/ increase of zombie amount and i wrote down what i think of it. if you have more players hiding in the forrest you will have that danger coming from the player and not from the KI.

Edited by oxymoron

Nah that part is true, first series was great, 2nd started to slide, 3rd was a joke and 4th, ain't even bothered to watch.

Plus he will always be Simon from Teachers, to me...

That's true. I hate it when actors take other rolls. Hugh Jackman sucks as Wolverine because I can't get over him as Gaston in an Australian play of Beauty And The Beast.

• Like 1

That's true. I hate it when actors take other rolls. Hugh Jackman sucks as Wolverine because I can't get over him as Gaston in an Australian play of Beauty And The Beast.

They should think more about us and just stick to what we remember em as.  A English high school teacher does not make for a very good American Sheriff Zombie person... 

• Like 1

im non native speaker so exucse my expression.

well, if you say we should not talk about things that are not finished we could shut down the forum

i know that zombies are bugged and stuff but i keep on reading about these hordes/ increase of zombie amount and i wrote down what i think of it. if you have more players hiding in the forrest you will have that danger coming from the player and not from the KI.

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions here, first off apologies, there is several people who are native speaking and they write badly, some worse then you.

The forum's also provide great entertainment, there's a number of excellent posts that have been followed by great discussion when discussing aspects of the game.  Although some of my favorite stories are survival adventures gone wrong or tales of heroism Annie the cowboy for example.

My personal thought's are you are posting about something that the developers have said several time's that they are addressing, which in my opinion makes it a bit pointless, I feel pretty much the same about the threads on KoS and Server hopping.  A lot of those thread's I'll ignore or make an effort to explain how these issues are planned to be dealt with in the future, but I'm also human and sometimes just don't know when I should not post at all. 

I don't entirely understand the last section of your post, so I'm going to leave it be.

Finally please keep posting and reading it will help your english, which in turn will enable you to be clear about what your trying to say.

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions here, first off apologies, there is several people who are native speaking and they write badly, some worse then you.

The forum's also provide great entertainment, there's a number of excellent posts that have been followed by great discussion when discussing aspects of the game. Although some of my favorite stories are survival adventures gone wrong or tales of heroism Annie the cowboy for example.

My personal thought's are you are posting about something that the developers have said several time's that they are addressing, which in my opinion makes it a bit pointless, I feel pretty much the same about the threads on KoS and Server hopping. A lot of those thread's I'll ignore or make an effort to explain how these issues are planned to be dealt with in the future, but I'm also human and sometimes just don't know when I should not post at all.

I don't entirely understand the last section of your post, so I'm going to leave it be.

Finally please keep posting and reading it will help your english, which in turn will enable you to be clear about what your trying to say.

I want a BBC miniseries about Annie The Cowboyman.

Beans for you. Just because.

You are a strange dude...but hey, the beast is a little bit like the X-Men beast...just not that blue.

They should think more about us and just stick to what we remember em as.  A English high school teacher does not make for a very good American Sheriff Zombie person... 

Pf. Nobody did complain about Malcolms Dad becoming a Meth cooking maniac. Or Danny Trejo playing that mexican guy instead of that mexican guy or that other mexican guy.

For a moment I thought you said "this forum makes my eyes bleed" at which point I was about to give you all the beans, but then I realized what you actually said.

This forum makes my eyes bleed...

This forum makes my soul cry. If DayZ is a social experiment, this forum is a sociaopathic experiment...

OP: If you open a thread about a topic that has been discussed 500 times or more, a topic, that is one of the number one in the suggestion forums, a topic, where the Devs spoke about AND start with insulting the walking Dead you clearly are a)trolling b) can't use the search function or c) wanted a flame war....

For all other things, refer to WindowLicker, he seems to be the good soul of this topic.

Edited by LaughingJack

In my opinion hords would be an extremely exciting addition. But I do agree woth you that the single zombies in the game should be a bit more of a threat. Killing them with only one shot is far too easy and also the fireaxe is far to strong. If you think of the "classic" zombie, which I would like to see in the game l, the threat would be the number of zombies and not the single one. All in all they need to be more mobile, stronger and more. Yiu can easily say, they are unfinished buisness and I can't wait for the improvements ;)

In my opinion hords would be an extremely exciting addition. But I do agree woth you that the single zombies in the game should be a bit more of a threat. Killing them with only one shot is far too easy and also the fireaxe is far to strong. If you think of the "classic" zombie, which I would like to see in the game l, the threat would be the number of zombies and not the single one. All in all they need to be more mobile, stronger and more. Yiu can easily say, they are unfinished buisness and I can't wait for the improvements ;)

i think hordes will be like '' ohh come on, not again ''

Dear forum poster:

These are not Classic Zombies, they are infected living humans. Let's all just accept that and move on.

Your pal,

Snugglepuss

• Like 1

Dude, give devs a chance. Your judging how zombie hordes will be, assuming that the zombies will still act as they do now. What we have now is mearly a placehoder, while the zombie AI is completely reworked. Once its up to scratch and we have respawning ones, then think about what a horde would be like. Personally I love the idea....crest that ridge, move to treeline, scope out the town.....WTF is that! a huge horde moves through the town and off into the woods.  orrrr....scoping out town, take a shot, the massive horde behind a nearby ridge that you didn't see hears the shot. Now a good 50 zeds come running down the hill strait for you like some old battle scene. The hordes could be a natural way to loose a camp, instead of it being safe all the time unless a player finds it. They could make you take refuge in a building if they pass through the town your looting. Stealth could be the best if not the only option for a solo player.

Now I agree that zombies aren't a threat but think about this. In the mod we have zombies capable of killing you in 4 hits, and we have a load of em. I think that they will do something similar on SA, super hard zombies AND high numbers. One without the other for me would be a waste of time :)

Zombies in the mod have sadly the shittiest AI I've seen in a long time in any game. Now thankfully they're working on more ''realistic'' creatures.

Personally I love the idea....crest that ridge, move to treeline, scope out the town.....WTF is that! a huge horde moves through the town and off into the woods.  orrrr....scoping out town, take a shot, the massive horde behind a nearby ridge that you didn't see hears the shot. Now a good 50 zeds come running down the hill strait for you like some old battle scene.

i fear that this will be fun maybe 3 or 4 times but then it just gets annoying :/

Zombie hordes I approve of. This game is way too PvP oriented right now, but hopefully will change later. I want to surivive and struggle, not have a PvP fest 24/7.

• Like 2

Zombie hordes I approve of. This game is way too PvP oriented right now, but hopefully will change later. I want to surivive and struggle, not have a PvP fest 24/7.

what do you think those hordes would be good for ? serious question

Total zombie count should equal house/appartment count x 1.5 or maybe x 2 (in my opinion).

That way you've got roughly the right amount of 'residents'. And their location should roughly correlate to town sizes, too - but they move around according to aggro (attracted to loud noises, chasing players, etc.)

• Like 1

i fear that this will be fun maybe 3 or 4 times but then it just gets annoying :/

Then stop firing at everything that moves?   :rolleyes:   If you ever played the mod you would realize that you couldn't just bolt full tilt to the nearest military base like you can in the SA.  Hell there was times where I had to crawl through fields just to not be seen by the infected because they were actually dangerous.

Your counter proposal is rejected. I do not want to play Day - I paid for DayZ. A zombie apocalypse game less the Zed threat is just.... Well... Stupid....

I've just noted, (having had a work-induced break),  that Zombies/infected seem to be getting their hits in more regularly which makes them more tricky to take down hand to hand. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

what do you think those hordes would be good for ? serious question

Cause an actual threat like irl under same circumstances

Way to long to make a point on zombies

There is supposed to be a stamina system at some point so I'm assuming you won't be able to outrun the zombies forever

Running into a horde in the woods would be great, especially if you can't outrun them and know you'll have to fight

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior