xtechnica

pistol holster toolbar item (and others)

making the flashlights go between the toolbar and secondary weapon spot is awesome. sometimes its problematic when you have to move your pistol and all its ammo to your bag in order to switch to the light. so what if there was a pistol holster item you could find, which would allow you to move your pistol to the toolbar like the flashlight.

there could be other toolbelt items as well like ammo riggings. you could maybe have 2 separate holsters for sidearms.

I think this is a cool idea, also what about a strap/belt to hold shotgun shells, like what hunters have??

I would like to see someway to more safely switch between flashlight/melee weapon and secondary/primary (respectively). It does get annoying if you run out of ammo and want to switch to your axe, or you want to be able to see at night, but aren't sure if your M4A1 or M9 SD is going to disappear into the void of alpha.

I dunno if the holster/ammo rig is the best idea, but I'd definitely would like to see someone come up with something.

+1

This is actually a really good idea, and I don't know why no one else has posted it yet, or I haven't seen a suggestion for it anyway.

+1

This is actually a really good idea' date=' and I don't know why no one else has posted it yet, or I haven't seen a suggestion for it anyway.

[/quote']

Because it would most likely be very difficult to implement due to the way the engine handles weapon slots. I would like to see it though. Not so much a fan of the ammo rig though, it is already too easy to carry plenty of ammo.

This is the kind of thing we will be seeing in ArmA 3 though.

+1

This is actually a really good idea' date=' and I don't know why no one else has posted it yet, or I haven't seen a suggestion for it anyway.

[/quote']

Because it would most likely be very difficult to implement due to the way the engine handles weapon slots. I would like to see it though. Not so much a fan of the ammo rig though, it is already too easy to carry plenty of ammo.

This is the kind of thing we will be seeing in ArmA 3 though.

Well, flashlight switches fine between item slot and secondary weapon slot so why wouldn't pistol? I think this is brilliant and sensible idea and should definitely be considered for implementation.

As it is if you've pistol equipped and no room in your backpack you have to drop it if you want to use flashlight for 5 seconds and then unequip the flashlight and try to find your dropped gun in darkness.

+1 from me.

I think that this is a brilliant idea and would make things a lot easier!

+1 from me.

Its very difficult to accomodate for the fact you may need to use your torch in certain situations. The torch becomes superfluous, there is no need to use it or equip it once you have a pistol, I find myself regularly neglecting the torch just because I don't have enough room in my bag for my pistol. A holster would be an excellent idea, just for the pistol, to switch it out and bring out the flashlight. Maybe the pistol ammo can stay where it is and its just the gun and torch that move around.

An easy solution would just be change the pistol to a "tool" so its equipable on your belt, or i guess you could model a holster and have it as a pickup?

I will save you guys some troubles comming up with bags, and the holster is already part of this suggestion. The naming of it just doesn't make it to obvious what it's actually about: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29729-if-you-are-good-at-something-professions-teamwork/

currently at 13 toolbelt packs both specilized as well as more general slots, please post any additionals if you happen to think of one ...