koka71

Can't use attachments on M4A1

Although i can use attachments for FNX (sillenser, pistol flashlight) and on mossin (tripod, suppressor,bajonet,scope) i CAN NOT USE ANY attachemtn on the M4A1 !!!!

With ANY M4 i find, when i take the default optics off the gun (left click->Detach) then i simply CAN'T add a new scope even if the new scope is pristine and the gun pristine!!!

CANN'T add silenser , or ANY OPTICS or even a Tripod  !!!

i only get a message REPLACE HANDGUARD and i can replace it succesfully- have a RIS and replaced the default plastic handle with the RIS but CAN'T ADD Flashlight!!!

i CAN'T replace the buttstock with anything ,but even though i have a CQB , i take anything from the gun- detach anything and i can't put it back, not even the original piece i just detatched!!  EVEN IF IT'S PRISTINE!

i have tried using attachment while holding the gun in my hand, with the M4 on the ground (not holding) ,and  with the gun on my back (right-side inventory) but STILL NOTHING!!!

Is there something wrong with my  items database ??

is there a corrupt file i should delete ???

something i should manually update ????

any IDEAS PEOPLE???

• Like 1

If you didn't try what's mentioned above, I'd recommend uninstalling and just going home.

If you did, verify files with steam. Could be that something is corrupted, but it's very unlikely.

Edited by GGOtter
  • Like 2

have just finished verifying local files ...will try now and let you know.

thnks for the input

• Like 1

nope, obviously dragging items from the inventory to the m4 and vice versa doesn't work.

similarly , after making a verification of files , nothing has improved.

once i take an item from the gun , i can't put it back , and anything i try to add it simply won't attach to the gun - only option i get is SWAP HANDSTOCK!!!

SO NOT COOL to kave all those spots in  my inventory filled with goodies for the M4 and now they are simply useless !!

anyone knows if i delete ALL the local files , will my current character be lost with them???

thnks again

• Like 1

I just dragged onto the thing im replacing, Ie handguard, i would drag my red dot onto that.

• Like 1

yes, that's the way things work for all the other weapon (FNX, Mossin ) for me as well...

only the M4 give me the grief ....no dragging , no menu options or any other way to add things once i take them off the M4 .. 

:((

have completely uninstalled the game and removed any remaining files and going for a new installation...

• Like 1

i finnaly got it to work - the weapons file must have been corrupt , even if the verification proccess from STEAM didn't find it.

complete uninstall.

manually delete any directories and files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dayz

re-install/ download from STEAM.

Character is unaffected.

All weapons now work fine

• Like 1