Burnham113

Confused Rant #1

I've been having some trouble with dayz recently. Most of the wikis and fourm posts regarding specific locations or items are still missing or out of date. I've tried researching this stuff high and low but cant get a conclusive answer, so I'm asking you guys. All of these questions pertain strictly to Stand Alone.

1. Have vehicles of any sort been implemented yet? Fishing boats, ATVs, Helis, Bicycles, etc?

2. How do you create a fireplace? I have matches, wood, etc, and still no go.

3. My pistol flashlight still wont function no matter what I do. Has this not been finished either?

4. I can't find any berry bushes, or anything more informative on the process besides a few wikis that tell me it can somehow be done.

5. Can you fish or hunt yet?

6. Can any axe chop a tree down and make wood? (firemans axe?)

7. Is there a range limit on the walkie talkie?

8. How exactly do you heal damage, without blood or saline bags? I pulled it off by eating and drinking a ton, but a friend of mine got the same "energized" and "hydrated" statuses I did but not the "healthy" or "healing" ones.

9. Has anyone else had a problem with loose ammo disappearing when you try to stack it sometimes? Especially when you take it out of a weapon (yes I have empty inventory space). Sometimes when I try to stack ammo it actually makes the ammo I already had drop in number also.

10. I used to find everything from magazines to optics in military bases like the one in Balota, but a few weeks ago it all suddenly dried up. The only place I find anything at all are those big bunkers near the road. Tents have absolutely nothing in them.

11. Is there a way to increase item draw distance? If something is in the back of a hangar, I'd like to see it before I'm only a meter away. 

12. Is it true that public servers can't be pass-worded or insta kick? How do you report those servers?

13. Has anyone else ever lagged and clipped out of a highrise or a staircase and fallen to their death? If that happens, how to you heal broken bones, is there a step after morphine?

If anyone can help me with this stuff I'd be eternally grateful, it's all starting to bug me alittle.

Most of the stuff you mentioned, including vehicles, fires, woodchopping, hunting, cooking, walkie talkie etc have not been implemented or have been switched off currently. 

As for the flashlight - silly question but have you put a battery in it? 

Number 13: Yes, well known bug. Just report it. I died going down a ladder yesterday.

Not sure about the rest.

• Like 2

You have to take care that you are not seeing information for the MOD vs the STANDALONE.

Answers would be yes for a lot of that for the MOD.

You have to take care that you are not seeing information for the MOD vs the STANDALONE.

Answers would be yes for a lot of that for the MOD.

Yeah, most wikis are still focused on the mod, even though they say "this information pertains to Day Z Standalone". Makes finding accurate info hard...

I'm going to give you some quick answers here:

1. No.

2. Not implemented yet, but comming soon.

3. It needs a battery.

4. I don't know much about it myself, but look out for colored spots in the bushes textue.

5. Not yet, big priority for the devs right now.

6. You can chop bushes down, but not gather resources yet.

7. 1km

8. when energized and healty your blood regenerates without showing a buff; when blood is fully regened, health regens and it says "healing"

9. Yes, it seems to happen now and then and should be on the bugtracker by now

10. military tents currently dont spawn loot, it is a known issue

11. there should be a value in the config (sceneComplexety or something)

12. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1x02t7/do_your_part_help_report_servers_that_violate/

13. broken legs can be healed instantly by using morphine or a splint(made with sticks and 3 rags)

• Like 4

I've been having some trouble with dayz recently. Most of the wikis and fourm posts regarding specific locations or items are still missing or out of date. I've tried researching this stuff high and low but cant get a conclusive answer, so I'm asking you guys. All of these questions pertain strictly to Stand Alone.

1. Have vehicles of any sort been implemented yet? Fishing boats, ATVs, Helis, Bicycles, etc?

2. How do you create a fireplace? I have matches, wood, etc, and still no go.

3. My pistol flashlight still wont function no matter what I do. Has this not been finished either?

4. I can't find any berry bushes, or anything more informative on the process besides a few wikis that tell me it can somehow be done.

5. Can you fish or hunt yet?

6. Can any axe chop a tree down and make wood? (firemans axe?)

7. Is there a range limit on the walkie talkie?

8. How exactly do you heal damage, without blood or saline bags? I pulled it off by eating and drinking a ton, but a friend of mine got the same "energized" and "hydrated" statuses I did but not the "healthy" or "healing" ones.

9. Has anyone else had a problem with loose ammo disappearing when you try to stack it sometimes? Especially when you take it out of a weapon (yes I have empty inventory space). Sometimes when I try to stack ammo it actually makes the ammo I already had drop in number also.

10. I used to find everything from magazines to optics in military bases like the one in Balota, but a few weeks ago it all suddenly dried up. The only place I find anything at all are those big bunkers near the road. Tents have absolutely nothing in them.

11. Is there a way to increase item draw distance? If something is in the back of a hangar, I'd like to see it before I'm only a meter away. 

12. Is it true that public servers can't be pass-worded or insta kick? How do you report those servers?

13. Has anyone else ever lagged and clipped out of a highrise or a staircase and fallen to their death? If that happens, how to you heal broken bones, is there a step after morphine?

If anyone can help me with this stuff I'd be eternally grateful, it's all starting to bug me alittle.

1: Vehicles are not implemented yet.

2:Fireplaces are not implemented fully yet.

3:It needs a battery, attached to the pistol, turn on via right click, turn on.

4:Berries are half implemented. Certain bushes that you can interact with, you will not get any scroll option, but keep your hands empty and press F. You'll preform an animation.

5:Hunting is not implemented yet.

6:Not implemented yet.

7: Walkie talkie range is 2KM.

8:Healing happens via blood bag or saline transfusion. To attain healthy status you need to have a certain amount of energy. Eat eat eat eat. Never let food stay in your inv, always eat it whenever found until you get healthy *There are guides*

9:It's a glitch, it will split and fill up any half stacks.

10: Tents don't spawn anything right now, glitched. Move north. Go to Zelengorsk or Polana base.

11: I'm not sure, but I think so.

12:  http://www.reddit.co...s_that_violate/

13:Morphine is a cure all for broken limbs. However sticks and rags will make a splint.

• Like 1

Like the warning message says before you can play the game, most of the things in it are still a work in progress.

• Like 2

I'm a little skeptical because I don't understand how you can know enough to ask such a nuanced question as #11 but still be curious about #1 or #3?

Like the warning message says before you can play the game, most of the things in it are still a work in progress.

Oh yeah I know, it's just frustrating when you spend days getting a character up to par, and then it's sudden-death-by-ladder.

I'm a little skeptical because I don't understand how you can know enough to ask such a nuanced question as #11 but still be curious about #1 or #3?

Because I have eyes, and I noticed a distinct lack of items, vehicles, and light.

Yeah, most wikis are still focused on the mod, even though they say "this information pertains to Day Z Standalone". Makes finding accurate info hard...

I recommend watching streams and checking reddit. These forums are odd and difficult to track down specific information.

The 'game' is currently in VERY early Alpha. Many features are not working yet. Its a shorter list of whats mostly working. Eating, can opening, broken legs, splints, some medical supply's, guns, melee weapons, most in-game items that dont involve 'crafting/cooking'. Loot currently only respawns on server restart. There are many bugs.

Up next is more stable servers, higher FPS, weather, some kind of hunting and cooking. After that I believe it will be re-spawning zombies and loot. Than vehicles and item storage. But none of this is directly confirmed.

• Like 1