ra-usmc

Help I'm stuck in a loop of death....

Hello All!  Total Noob at DayZ here but I think I have F'ed myself royally.  I got shot after just spawning for the first time EVER..(you bastard!) got myself a broken leg.  In my shame I decided to try and kill myself by crawling off of a pier into the water.  The game will not allow me to respawn and when I leave the game to join a different server I am stuck at the point to where I am falling into the water.  I cannot move anywhere fast enough because my leg is broken and I drown; again and again and again.  

I deleted my player profile and even the config folder as to try and reset everything...no good.  WTF? Your kind suggestions are appreciated!

Sincerely,

Phucked

click respawn...

Press Esc(while the 30second countdown is ticking)  then click respawn again.

i did this 3 times and got it working... dunno if its only me or just lucky

Edited by flyingsauce

Click respawn and then log out. Log back into a different server which has a high ping (500ms+). After this you should be able to log into the regular servers you play on again without being dead. 

This has worked for me every time so far.

Clicking respawn is part of the issue, it's greyed out and will not let me select it.  I have logged out and back in.  It starts me out just above the water in every server I join.

Wait... what happens when you 'drown'? 

It doesn't say, 'You are unconscious' or 'You are dead'?

You need to become unconscious or die somehow. If you wait long enough you'll starve to death, but it takes a while. After that the process I posted above should work.

Yes, it simply says I am dead.  Black screen.  From there nothing happens and when I push escape the option to respawn is discolored and it will not allow me to select it.

Well then... I have no idea lol. 

Try logging in on a really high ping server anyway. Also try changing what your default character is wearing on the title screen (make sure to click 'make default') and change your name. I've heard those things work as well.

Anyone else have a suggestion?  I like the idea of the game but need to get out of where I am at to move forward.  

Hm, seems like you aren't the only one.

A buddy of mine dropped into the water at a haven. He tried to get out, found no ladder and logged out.

As he logged in, he found himself under water, unable to swim and could only crawl at the bottom of the sea for a few seconds, then he dies. After that, he can't click respawn (button is grey). Everytime he logs in, it is the same.

Maybe this is part of the problem, where you log into a server and immidiatly break your legs. He didn't have broken legs before he logged out.

Maybe it has something to do with the water?

Can't give you a solution though. You should file in a bug report!

Edited by DaMaakus

"hey guys I just found an M4 but don't have ammo, got some to spare?"

^^^type that on a high pop server!

I read that changing your computers name can cause your character to die.

Just an update for those who may experience this issue.  I updated to the experimental alpha version that is in current test and this fixed my problem.  I am still unsure if I downgrade my version back to regular alpha if I will still be stuck but for now I am playing....or dying as it were.  BTW you fuckers are ruthless to the new guys. <_<

Just an update for those who may experience this issue.  I updated to the experimental alpha version that is in current test and this fixed my problem.  I am still unsure if I downgrade my version back to regular alpha if I will still be stuck but for now I am playing....or dying as it were.  BTW you fuckers are ruthless to the new guys. <_<

It mostly didn't "fix" your problem. It would have been the same thing if you joined a hardcore server when your death-loop character was on regular servers. It would have created a new charakter and you could play with it on all hardcore servers, but as soon as you go back to regular, you would use your "broken" charakter again.

Switching to experimental branch creates also a new charakter. So I guess your other char is still dead / bugged.