Sign in to follow this  
Seanosilas

About time, a ATV!

Months of playing this game I finally decided to join the fourm, my first couple of stories will be about deaths & misaheps.

So Me & my friend (Picky) were playing on a LA server yesterday, We were out back in the plains near Devin I think, on our way there I see a barn I say to Picky "Hey mate.. Lets check this out." More supplies never hurt anybody! So He is covering me while I lead, I than see something.. What is that? It can't be.. A ATV! I yelled at my friend and he replied with "Oh shit dude! Holy fuck!" We were so happy, *It being my first vehicle to be found.* we thought, "Mhm.. Maybe someone parked it out here.." I told him to go check out the barn while I covered the ATV since I had a Makarov & empty Winchester.

He finaly comes out and says "No one, found two enfields in there." I say hey mate, I'll hop on the ATV & check it out.

Fuel - Half.

Engine - Moderate

Wheels - Fine

So I than get out and say "Man its in perfect conditon! All we need is some fuel for it." He replies with "Yeah.. We should check out the next few towns." I than grab the enfield and swap it out for my Winchester *I than store the Winchester in my ATV* I then reply with "Holy shit man! It can hold shit, lets make this our mobile tent."

So we head over to a couple towns, damn its night time pitch black in fact. We store the ATV in the forest & check out the town, my friend clears the warehouse while I look around in some houses.. My friend gets spotted & zombies are shambling after him I tell him to get to the ATV, I get spotted aswell helping my friend I think "Damnit!" We hop on the ATV & book it, hardly any fuel left. Bugga, we are riding than I tell him to drive, I hop off but as i do that it tailspins, the zombies fumlbe for us, I mange to shoot a couple the ATV has crushed my friend all I heard was screaming & moaning, & Zombies.

My friend says "Come on man, one of us has to survive you get the ATV out of here." I hop on the ATV & Drive off... Eventually I come back *He spawned in Elektro, I pick up his gear & store it in the ATV I think "Mhm.. Awesome!" Later on he had to leave & I promised I would store it in a safe place, my iPhone rings & I pick it up with one hand while steering & than I decline the call & bam I hit a tree. I rage.

I was running in an open field when what looked like a shed was in a clump of trees in the middle of the field. Further investigation revealed that it was a tractor. Engine and Hull were orange and it had half a tank of gas, but i fell in love it. I was cruisin toward Berezino with my very jealous companions on my heels. They're laughing at how ridiculously loud it is, but I'm out pacing them and having a blast. I park the beloved thing in a forest on the outskirts of town and wait for my friends to catch up.

It was then that i realized that half of the tractor had clipped through the tree in front of me. I immediately eject from the tractor, but as soon as i step out, the damn thing explodes! The blast causes me to lose 6000 blood and left me bleeding and unconscious. My friends, laughing ever harder as they caught up just enough to witness the explosion, stop my bleeding, give me a transfusion and drag my unconscious ass until i came too.

I found x2 ATV's in the same place. Sadly both needed a wheel.

But that was the first time in 4 weeks I found anything. I went in search of wheels, found some, and was shot by a sniper on my way back lol. Such is life.

I love that things like this are so rare, as it makes finding them a joy.

What I don't like is most of the stuff like this once found is then stored of the map proper in the desserts.

Pls don't say "well anyone could find it off map". You'd have to be a moron to think that is an intended mechanic. Not blaming anyone for using it. Just don't say that's how the map is supposed to be.

Anyway. Cool story. And the moral ? Never use your mobile when driving haha.

me and my buddy just got back from raiding a tent city we discovered which also had a vehicle in it so we loaded it up with everything from the tents and drove off with it. After storing the vehicle with the stuff at our site one of our buddies who just got the game was walking around cherno-electro area and spots an ATV with no gas and everything else fine.

Thinking we could add to our collection of vehicles (we already had a hatchback) we clear out the hatchback except for a mp5 and g17 for our buddy and some ammo. me being decked out in a ghillie suit with the M16 CCOs/m9SD/ .50 cal i was feeling like a bad ass and my buddy was using an m16 CCO as well. we head over to my friends location but somewhere along the coast the game was night time for us while it was day time some how for everyone else so us driving along in our hatchback stuck out like a sore thumb.

I think it was somewhere around cherno outskirts where we had to slow down to avoid entering the city when someone popped us both while in the car with a pistol (i think 1911) killing us both.

After respawning however we were able to manage to get to the ATV with jerry cans and secure the ATV.

It sucked losing all that gear but its replaceable & i would gladly trade a hatchback for an ATV anyday!

That's unfortunate. I found an ATV aswell not too long ago. I was in a hurry to get it into safety, so I drove it at full speed off the road to take a shortcut over an open field, and then it flipped over and I broke my neck. When I returned to see if the ATV was intact it was completely burnt out :(.