discipled

Shock damage

I want to open a discussion on the blur that happens from recieving too much shock damage. I at first thought the blur was a bug then after watching Merino's health vids, excellent vids by the way, very excellent, I discovered that based off how healthy you are you could recieve too much "shock" damage which could cause you to black out. Say you are surrounded by too many zombies attacking you and you're heavily armored. While your ballistic or construction helmet are saving you from bleeding and your clothing and items are taking a heavy beating you're also recieving shock damage. If you're "health" is low, even if your blood level is high, you could get knocked out and then the zombies will tear you to pieces. Why I started this was because I don't think a general blur is very readable and understandable to the average player. The blur is super annoying and will go away after you have fully healed. I love the idea of the shock damage but I want a more readable indicator. I would like to see ideas. Usually in other games this "shock" damage is indicated by the character waving back and forth, the image is not just blurred by also waving or make the room look like it's "spinning" as in real life. I don't know to what degree this is/will be implimented but the current general blur is not, imo, a very good indicator of dizziness or generalized head damage. Maybe we could get text indicators too saying something like "i feel woozy" or "The room is starting to spin" or something. Thoughts?

p.s. there is a bug where when things are blurry because of the shock damage you can press esc, got to config and then push the video button and the blur goes away, which originally led me to believe the blur was itself a bug.

Edited by discipled