super_shadow

To stop Kill On Sight, we should make life more valueble

Can we just wait till we have more stuff in game to do before we class things as broken.

As many have said countless times, you gear up, run around for a bit, get bored, go and find someone to shoot, secretly hoping you get killed so you can repeat the cycle.  Once we have other things to occupy our time, when losing the contents of ya backpack is the difference between getting that car working or not. when we can chill in the forests hunting and cooking, trying to stay warm and ill-free, only then can we really see if we have a problem or not.

The amount of guns in game is the problem, if their were less and ammo was super rare less people will have guns and less chance of kos. If their was bows and axes made from the items around it will be harder to kos as the range is less and damage is a lot lower. If your not shot in the neck/ heart or liver area you could get away well at a slower speed and you can control what's going on around you. Weapons are to plentyfull and ammo is to easy to find. Kos is all because their isnt much to do yet because its early alpha and the weapons to many guns and they keep coming

• Like 1

I agree with the idea of a bounty hunter system, as it creates risk in killing on sight as you don't know if it will make you a target. Also at the moment as many here have said already people kill out of boredom, once more is added less killing on sight will occur.

This is why clans like CQF exsist. Bandit hunter and survivor helper.

• Like 1

The title of this thread is good but the rest is meh

We do need to add more value to player's life.

We alsho should reduce the KoS mentality because it's very unrealistic. (inb4 BUT DURING A REAL ZOMBI APOKALYPSE I WOULD SHOOT EVERYONE HURRR). But we have to reduce it so people don't stop KoS because they're afraid of some punishment like jail, sanity or other stupid things. Player shouldn't kill other player on sight because they don't want to becasue it will be risky and bad for him (noise that attracts people and zombies, lose of rare bullets (considering that devs will make bullets more rare)).

I don't see how bounty system will work, you can just change your name and avoid the bounty. 

But since we speak about bounties, I wouldn't like any rewards for killing a player with a bounty on his head like beans, ammo etc, just something like a bounty hunter reputation or a title, rank etc, some kind of a ranking

Edited by Gdaddy22

The title of this thread is good but the rest is meh

We do need to add more value to player's life.

We alsho should reduce the KoS mentality because it's very unrealistic. (inb4 BUT DURING A REAL ZOMBI APOKALYPSE I WOULD SHOOT EVERYONE HURRR). But we have to reduce it so people don't stop KoS because they're afraid of some punishment like jail, sanity or other stupid things. Player shouldn't kill other player on sight because they don't want to becasue it will be risky and bad for him (noise that attracts people and zombies, lose of rare bullets (considering that devs will make bullets more rare)).

I don't see how bounty system will work, you can just change your name and avoid the bounty. 

But since we speak about bounties, I wouldn't like any rewards for killing a player with a bounty on his head like beans, ammo etc, just something like a bounty hunter reputation or a title, rank etc, some kind of a ranking

The Bounty Hunter (as a kind of Mercenary) differes from THE KNIGHT in the motivation. The Knight minded person saves everyone around just to feel how much goodness he's bringing to the world. The merc - earn money, relations etc.

So - I'm completely opposite some title system (and I think that is opposite the main game idea - no visible pushing to the players from any game rules). Belive me, if you will become that kind of justice seeking knight, ppl will know about you even if you will not have nimb or shining plate "A Great Hero Of The Whole Server" :))

Agree with your idea 100% mate. However I do believe it will be hard to implement and majority just love KoS. If it can be implemented, than it is a good news! I too keep getting KoS. Now, any opportunity I got, I will shot first and ask question later.

Okay, so you want people who payed for the game and play it how they want it (and that is exactly THE thing about such a sandbox game) into a prison, so that they cannot play the game they bought with their hard earned cash for hours/days? Sounds like a stupid idea.

Don't get me wrong, I personally dislike the amount of KoS in the game atm aswell. But I think with more and more content coming into the game aswell as private hives, a lot of the banditry will go away again. No need to put effort into solutions of problems that should go away in the longer run anyways.

Okay, so you want people who payed for the game and play it how they want it (and that is exactly THE thing about such a sandbox game) into a prison, so that they cannot play the game they bought with their hard earned cash for hours/days? Sounds like a stupid idea.

Don't get me wrong, I personally dislike the amount of KoS in the game atm aswell. But I think with more and more content coming into the game aswell as private hives, a lot of the banditry will go away again. No need to put effort into solutions of problems that should go away in the longer run anyways.

Nope, i just want that unadequate ppl have some problems because of being dumb. I personslly would try to kill players but that will be Crime and I will do it with some fear of being punished. That makes sence to all.

Nope, i just want that unadequate ppl have some problems because of being dumb. I personslly would try to kill players but that will be Crime and I will do it with some fear of being punished. That makes sence to all.

Well, that those guys are being "unadequate ppl" and "dumb" is your personal opinion. Like I already stated, they can play the game how they want to. That is their right. Atm I'd say most of the people are playing KOS characters simply because they do not have as much possibilities, as they'd have in the mod. I personally would hate to see further regulations for problems that might dissolve along the road anyways. I personally want the devs to work on getting their game done rather than having to find half-assed solutions to problems that will go away on their own anyways.

Why so much effort into destroying the best thing about dayz. Did anyone stop to actually consider how boring the game would be without pvp and bandits? I wouldn't play it very long and I bet you wouldn't either. The fun of the game is when your heart is racing because you see a group of bandits near your house and your praying they pass by or your in an intense standoff/ fire fight. One of my favorite things to do is to try and outfox a stubborn, skilled sniper. Tired of k.o.s, then stay the hell out of the open, try and think strategically and expect snipers everywhere and before ya know it you will be catching them by surprise. Then if your still feeling friendly disarm them and give them a hug. 

• Like 1

Why so much effort into destroying the best thing about dayz. Did anyone stop to actually consider how boring the game would be without pvp and bandits? I wouldn't play it very long and I bet you wouldn't either. The fun of the game is when your heart is racing because you see a group of bandits near your house and your praying they pass by or your in an intense standoff/ fire fight. One of my favorite things to do is to try and outfox a stubborn, skilled sniper. Tired of k.o.s, then stay the hell out of the open, try and think strategically and expect snipers everywhere and before ya know it you will be catching them by surprise. Then if your still feeling friendly disarm them and give them a hug. 

Dear Fleshnipper, we are talking about idiots killing newbees, how they call it "just for fun". And the entire KOS problem. To "Kill On Sight" means ppl start shooting at EVERY person they see. Because of strange sence of humor, because of being boring, because of FEARING that if you will not shoot first, the person you've met, will surely kill you. The existance of bandits, loner snipers who are hunting ppl for their loot etc, is VERY DIFFERENT. That's the things that SHOULD BE in the game and It will be bad to remove PVP at all. But, I think I must repeat it again, 'cause not everybody clearly understood the point - THERE SHOILD BE NO 99% probability of KOS, happening when 2 ppl meet at the road (as it is now, 'cause most players fear each other more than all the zombies in the world).

There is no Kill-On-Sight problem. 

People are simply playing too recklessly, so they won't use their brains to survive and build their new character cautiously.

Not many seem to know you can build fully equipped character without ever entering a military base, but you will never

carry M4 that way (which isn't a bad thing). Also do not expect friendly behavior in military zones,  since they are high traffic

locations and everyone has the same agenda, so KOS is valid there.

One other issue is peoples clothing choices. If are wearing ttsk camouflage, masks and ballistic helmets you will be considered

to be a bandit that is fully equipped and just looking things to kill. So i personally recommend not carrying military clothing or masks.

• Like 2

I would rather suggest that Hero's who kill bandits and help bambies should get some cool gear such as a kelvir vest or bigger backpack and bandits should be identified in another way, that way players will help each other more and we will see more hero's. If you kill a player your morality falls, if you kill a bandits your morality goes up. . . .

I'm against any karma system or anything to punish "bandits" (or reward heroes) as it will be unrealistic. Remember it's a post-apocalyptic world. If players want to have a safer environnement they'll have to create it themselves. by creating guarded zones (and I'm not talking about "god mode zones" like in the mod), alliance and stuff, and also bases (when they will be introduced).

Now maybe there should be a way to identify player as in real life you can identify people with their size, face, scars and stuff. So maybe if they want to introduce a system where you can recognize people when you're like 50 meters away from them or closer (getting their name, or an ID or anything, which you could partially conceal with clothes). But again to be realistic it should be approximative, as it is in real life...It's pretty hard to describe someone and be 100% sure .

That could allow players to create some kind of a bounty hunter system (again, on their own).

And also, as already suggested, increasing the number of zombies (and make them really attracted to noises) could make you think twice before fireing but I think it's already being worked on and they want like 10'000 zombies per server (Officiel anouncement : http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/)

But then again : it's a post-apocalyptic world, the goal is to survive and you do that by avoiding problems, being sneaky and very cautious. And we're lucky it's a game and we can post on forums to ask for partners and help

Edited by Kintaro
  • Like 1

if there was no KoS, this would not be dayz, kinda.

if there was no KoS, this would not be dayz, kinda.

Yeah totally..

And I think it will be less of a problem when they'll introduce contructions, and tents where you will be able to store some stuff

Edited by Kintaro

Scenario:

Big city. Big house. Big group inside.

Doing their stuff, whoever knows what. Doors closed.

Bambi goes up to the door and opens it. BAM. drops dead.

More bambies and half equipped players see the scene and think it is proper to continue to interrupt the armed guys inside.

Then they blame KoS and give the guys inside the house a hard ( funny as hell ) time through local comms... seriously...why did you kept going into the house after the first casualties there...

:)

If this system would be implemented that group of players inside would have been split ( no one wants that ) in their way of playing.

Also it seems the guys trying to rush the house were more intent on KoS that the guys inside that big house.

Yeah... how the hell you make a system that makes a fair judgement ?

:) Have fun and think before you act. Death is inevitable in DayZ, but you may well choose the way you go down.

• Like 1

The only restriction you could ever introduce into the game which would stop KoS is to remove PvP. Which is never going to happen because the game would lose it's appeal. Deal with it, KoS is here to stay.

The only restriction you could ever introduce into the game which would stop KoS is to remove PvP. Which is never going to happen because the game would lose it's appeal. Deal with it, KoS is here to stay.

Dear Covent, I must assure you - NOBODY, but little group of players who closed themselves at PVE servers, wants PVP removing. We all love the opportunity to kill our neighbors ;)

The question only - can we do it not in 99% of chances, but when it's really needed.

• Like 1

^^^ It happens 99% of the time for a reason. In a real zombie apocalypse I would trust about 1% of the world not to shoot me in the back, take my food and survive longer. Think about it........

I just got killed for full backpack + m4+magnum+pistol and new soldier clothes, including ballistic helmet. THAT was normal kill.

That really had sense for my killer (and, he wisely, didn't shoot before I was totally busy sorting items in backpack. But, when ppl kill newbies, who even don't have a knife or baseball bat... That is stupidity. That is the thing I'm totally against of.

And yes. If you got good gear and weapon you should understand that you are the target. That's the way it should be. And I'm not against killing players for good reason (saying that in 4 time i guess). There are not many pacifists here :P

P.S. Wanna hardcore? Try playing Russian servers.

Edited by super_shadow