Sign in to follow this  
crazykage

Canteens, utility belts, and more (now with PICTURES!).

A modular system like this would be really interesting, but other than for cosmetics I fail to see exactly what the purpose would be.  Maybe it is just too early where I am and the coffee hasn't kicked in, but how does a pouch specific designed for rifle magazines (thereby giving you a 2x2 inventory spot) differ from a plain old open space inventory system (giving you a 2X4 inventory spot)?  Or is the point that when you find these harnesses or belts, you have to find the pouches to add on to them to increase the inventory space like attachments?

A modular system like this would be really interesting, but other than for cosmetics I fail to see exactly what the purpose would be.  Maybe it is just too early where I am and the coffee hasn't kicked in, but how does a pouch specific designed for rifle magazines (thereby giving you a 2x2 inventory spot) differ from a plain old open space inventory system (giving you a 2X4 inventory spot)?  Or is the point that when you find these harnesses or belts, you have to find the pouches to add on to them to increase the inventory space like attachments?

Say the tactical vest didn't have eight slots.  It would be a cool outer layer item, but would be useless.  But now say you found two magazine pouches and an IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit).  Now you have eight slots for weapon magazines and another however many for medical supplies.  I'm not saying hte vest should come without slots, but that could be one way of doing it.

• Like 1

What you're suggesting is the addition of ALICE gear, as a whole. It's along the same lines as what I've suggest for MOLLE gear.

I agree with the sentiment. And I like the whole canteen setup which that's still used by Nato forces either using MOLLE or ALICE gear.

• Like 1

I recommended the alice system specifically because it is an older system and I think it would fit better with the game. I would expect to see alice gear (if any) in this area of the world. Its a little more dated, and I think it would fit better with the "feel" of the game than a molle system.

I recommended the alice system specifically because it is an older system and I think it would fit better with the game. I would expect to see alice gear (if any) in this area of the world. Its a little more dated, and I think it would fit better with the "feel" of the game than a molle system.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the lore, didn't US forces occupy the island at some point?  The US uses MOLLE and ALICE to this day, but the emphasis is on MOLLE.  Like I suggested before, it could be possible to have both sets of gear at some point.  MOLLE would certainly be the rarer item, but ALICE would also recquire clamps ;)

Well MOLLE and ALICE should be present, but we should also see the Russian tactical rigging, they have their versions of both as well. I'm just not as up on my research for Russian gear as I am for Nato gear.

168584137.jpg

With a quick search this is all I found for a visual reference right away that made sense as to what we're looking at.

You can lash just about anything to a sturdy belt if you have rope and duct tape.

That could be something to put in as well. the option to craft a makeshift utility belt using a sturdy belt, rope, ducktape, and anything else you can find. Though maybe it wouldn't be as good as an actual utility belt, so the parts would be easier to find, but wouldn't give you as much space, like the improvised backpacks.