Sign in to follow this  
soulfirez

Log out death or character wipe

Hmm ok just a quick question for any who have died combat logging or just logging out in general when you turn dayz back on after this does no character apear in the menu screen at all..

I ask because although i didnt combat log i did log out in a less than safe area ( the forrest north west of vybor near NWAF. My character apeared in menu when i logged out of game . But there was none when i just started the game then and yes i got default character..

Not upset of dying lol actually needed a new start had just hit 40 hours alive time for a change of clothes was just wondering is that how it seems or did i get a character wipe ?? either way is fine there is no RAGE i am dead or i am deleted just wishing to know which it was in people experience which i have none (first death or wipe) since the log out timer was added...

Thanks in advance for your information...

99% probability that I sniped you to kingdom come.

UK Gameservers host?

Edited by Wheunis

Come on bra, you troll the forums more than I do, there have been 4 posts in GD in the last hour complaining about wipes and resets :) There is probably a server error.

You do have a good question though, I have no idea what its like when you login but were killed during your timer.... Makes you wonder how many of said posts were people that got caught.

Edit: Oh and on that note, we noticed that if you just run somewhere and log out that you may log in at a previous location about 30 seconds behind where you logged. My friends and I have been waiting for about 30 seconds (good practice anyways) before we log out and it seems to help. Some of the login and death could be some kind of bug where the game thought you kept running and decided to warp you forwards and kill you.

Edited by Judopunch

Come on bra, you troll the forums more than I do, there have been 4 posts in GD in the last hour complaining about wipes and resets :) There is probably a server error.

You do have a good question though, I have no idea what its like when you login but were killed during your timer.... Makes you wonder how many of said posts were people that got caught.

Edit: Oh and on that note, we noticed that if you just run somewhere and log out that you may log in at a previous location about 30 seconds behind where you logged. My friends and I have been waiting for about 30 seconds (good practice anyways) before we log out and it seems to help. Some of the login and death could be some kind of bug where the game thought you kept running and decided to warp you forwards and kill you.

Camping airfields affords one MUCH in the way of downtime.

Dead serious, game is running right now!

Many edits on my posts = clear sign that im fiddling the forums from the ipad...

99% probability that I sniped you to kingdom come.

UK Gameservers host?

LOL hell in hand basket australia server, it just seemed strange was all i was hiding in a bush after about 2 min of scanning the area .

Yeah i know rough area had just spent a while watching the airfield for server hoppers (not from that spot lol from another that allows me to seee most of the traffic in and out of arifield so i can be 70% sure when you appear in there with zeds still intact you logged in there ,i see you walk in i dont shoot let you go about your buisness.....( hey shoot me i hate server hoppers lol someone might have done just that..

Its first time dying or wiped when i didnt Know what has happened when i have been killed in past i just respawn etc so there is new character in menu.. so have 0 experience in this...

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

LOL hell in hand basket australia server, it just seemed strange was all i was hiding in a bush after about 2 min of scanning the area .

Yeah i know rough area had just spent a while watching the airfield for server hoppers (not from that spot lol from another that allows me to seee most of the traffic in and out of arifield so i can be 70% sure when you appear in there with zeds still intact you logged in there.....( hey shoot me i hate server hoppers lol someone might have done just that..

Its first time dying or wiped when i didnt Know what has happened when i have been killed in past i just respawn etc so there is new character in menu.. so have 0 experience in this...

Wasnt you then. I did piledrive a double headshot into some knob on this server who tried logging out next to a bush without even doing as much as a cursory GLANCE at his actual surroundings...

Was a little more than an hour ago if my internal clock isnt up to no good again.

Sadly, thats my only kill for the day so far.

Been spending some time repleneshing stock of ammo and refilling canteen etc...

OK well i guess this thread can be closed as well the case became even stranger (most likely a server issue which puzzles me has been a great sever_)

I logged into another server and bang my old character is alive hiding in the bush where i left off....)

should have tried that sooner but it has been my only server i have played on in 2 weeks or more...

Oh that.

I have a post here somewhere in first 3 pages about "fake hardcore servers".

Have at it!

Edited by Wheunis

So i wanna bump this and ask u guys about my actual Situation.

I was at nwaf. Someone ran by me, really close. So i killed him. I Hit p and realize theres only me and a 4 or 5 man squad on the server. I was really scared. Therefore i ran into the next brush and logged out. Now i dont get my Charakter back After relogging. I know there is a certain Bug, wehre u habe to relogg etc. I didnt get any you are dead screen but now i spawn at the Same spot everytime. Did these guys kill me or is it just bugged/whiped.

Man this game makes me feel miserable