Sign in to follow this  
Slyguy65

The kneecapping pandemic

I wholeheartedly support this.

PLEASE do disable respawning on unconsciousness!

Respawn should ONLY be a valid option on DEATH.

I agree, but only on two options. No one close enough to make it so they are toying with you (Had this happen it's a waste of time, if I go unconscious I stay like it on a chance)

Second option make it so unconscious times are reduced, I once spent 15 minutes like it. I know the game goes for realism, but it's still a game.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, ever heard that saying? Your choice might be to off everyone at the soonest chance possible for the fun of it in an apocalypse, but it wouldn't be for hardly anyone else. It would be much more realistic to see someone in a zombie apocalypse and wave to each other with no fear at all, welcoming their help.  I WANT PVP, your confused, more PVP for survivors/"heros" who currently only kill when they manage to actually witness a murder. I just want to kill the PVP'ers, not the dudes who play the game realistically and don't shoot others, and i want it to make sense with a storyline giving reason for the KOS.

You're assuming that some people won't go off the hinges and start murdering for whatever reason they can fathom. There are plenty of nut jobs and sociopaths who would take a collapsed society as the perfect excuse to go buck wild. Some even have survivalist and military training so they wouldn't die off right away.

Granted, they wouldn't make up 80% of the population of the world like the KOS'ers are in DayZ currently, but saying it's unrealistic that people may not band together from previously formed bonds and shun / attack / drive off other camps or lone wolves is giving people way too much credit.

When people KOS, they aren't griefing. They aren't playing the game in an unintended way or exploiting some loophole in the system. I'd argue that camping spawn points and blasting bambies before their screen can even fully load is unintended, as is spawn camping in any game, but that's not what we're talking about. I hang around airfields and I snipe the shit out of anyone who goes near them. I do it because I've laid claim to that airfield and all the sweet loots within. If you want them, you need to evade my fire, evade my watchful gaze, and / or find me and kill me. Everyone knows airfields are the dangerous zones in the game, so if anyone starts whining that it's ruining all their face, they can cram it.

I wholeheartedly support this.

PLEASE do disable respawning on unconsciousness!

Respawn should ONLY be a valid option on DEATH.

No, fuck that. You and I agree on a lot of things in a lot of threads, but no. Just no.

I'd be fine with this if they disabled respawning on unconsciousness, but currently you can stay unconscious for hours upon hours until you die of starvation..... if even then. And going unconscious can happen for all sorts of shitty reason beyond your ability to control because this alpha still has a lot of bugs to work through.

I get the sense a lot of your posts are simply meant to rub really bitchy people up a wall because they take what you say too seriously, but in case you are serious, forcing people to look at a blank screen for upwards of 45 minutes is a terrible game design, especially for people who work and don't have 3+ hours a day to dump into gaming.

No, fuck that. You and I agree on a lot of things in a lot of threads, but no. Just no.

I'd be fine with this if they disabled respawning on unconsciousness, but currently you can stay unconscious for hours upon hours until you die of starvation..... if even then. And going unconscious can happen for all sorts of shitty reason beyond your ability to control because this alpha still has a lot of bugs to work through.

I get the sense a lot of your posts are simply meant to rub really bitchy people up a wall because they take what you say too seriously, but in case you are serious, forcing people to look at a blank screen for upwards of 45 minutes is a terrible game design, especially for people who work and don't have 3+ hours a day to dump into gaming.

:)

Not saying they couldnt "rework" the timers and such in unconsciousness...

Lets say, max 20-30 minutes in worst conditions?

Make hunger go mega fast while KO'd. Or bleeding MASSIVELY speeds up unless you get bandaged within 2 minutes. Crap like that.

But really, respawning while unconscious is a bit of a copout imo.